No announcement yet.

iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're going to do it, don't hang around though as there's not many of the reduced-price iPhones left.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm gonna pick one up today!

Actually, now that I'm here, has anyone used the pwnage tool on the mac to unlock it? It seems pretty good so I might give that a go.
      Last edited by shuzo; 28-04-2008, 14:36.

Comment

Yep, I've used the PwnageTool on my Mac Mini and it was all fairly straightforward. Only thing I would say that wasn't mentioned on the link posted before is that once you've made your own custom .ipsw, you then use iTunes to install it. I was trying the 'shift + restore' thing in PwnageTool at first and getting very confused.

Comment

yeah it's all scaremongery, my mate actually works in the Apple store and they all have them unlocked there to work with different networks!

Really sends the right message to punters doesnt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
            I like how you can put your Gmail account in as the default email and even works like texts so when you get a new one it vibrates and tells you on the main menu, if everyone had an iPhone then you wouldn't need text, just email!
            Rossco, you can also use Gmail IMAP on your iPhone, although the default option uses POP3. See here for details.

Comment

I don't know what IMAP is!?

Comment

Off the bat - anybody know of a Carphone Warehouse or O2 store in London that might still have any 8GB iPhones in stock?

Comment

IPHONE GET!!!!

This week hopefully, just got a call saying I can definitely get it now for £100. I'm soooo happy! Mint, 100% new and everything. Awesome deal eh! Just for knowing someone that works in O2.

Comment

Out of stock everywhere round here = :-( I'm kinda sad now as I got all excited about unlocking and playing with it! Who knows whether they'll get anymore in stock now though, I guess the point in this price drop is to get rid of the 8Gb ones really..

Comment

Originally posted by shuzo View Post
                      Out of stock everywhere round here = :-( I'm kinda sad now as I got all excited about unlocking and playing with it! Who knows whether they'll get anymore in stock now though, I guess the point in this price drop is to get rid of the 8Gb ones really..
                      have you tried o2 online store, got mine last week from there.

Edit. Just looked and there out of them on there as well, glad I got mine when I did. Must be somewhere that's got them though.
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 28-04-2008, 22:05.

Comment

Ive had the iPhone for two weeks now and the touch screen is such an amazing piece of tech that I find it hard going back to a standard touchscreen like that on my T200 camera, it feels so backwards! Everytime I go through the photos on my camera I swipe left or right to change picture only to realize that it doesn't work! Apple really have revolutionised the touchscreen.

Btw Rossco how much are you paying for your contract? As the O2 Simplicity contract for £25 a month gives you loads of minutes and texts as well as the option to add unlimited internet Bolton for free.
                        Last edited by HaHaUK; 29-04-2008, 16:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                          I don't know what IMAP is!?
                          Check here.

Comment

Originally posted by HaHaUK View Post
                            Ive had the iPhone for two weeks now and the touch screen is such an amazing piece of tech that I find it hard going back to a standard touchscreen like that on my T200 camera, it feels so backwards! Everytime I go through the photos on my camera I swipe left or right to change picture only to realize that it doesn't work! Apple really have revolutionised the touchscreen.

Btw Rossco how much are you paying for your contract? As the O2 Simplicity contract for ?25 a month gives you loads of minutes and texts as well as the option to add unlimited internet Bolton for free.
                            I'm actually staying with Orange, not going to O2 as I can't get a singal at my house for them at all! But yeh the Simplicity contract is awesome value for money, and thats what my mate is doing. Wish I could too!

Yeah I checked up on the IMAP stuff earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by HaHaUK View Post
                              unlimited internet Bolton for free.

Would be bloody handy if orange started doing this as well. Being out anywhere and being able to access the internet at no extra cost whatsoever would be ace.

And yes the touch screen is so far ahead of everything else, i love it. Even going from the viewty touch screen (which isnt **** by any means) to the iphone is like they were developed years apart.

By the way has anyone else tried pressing the home button while your in a call, you can use the phone and all its functions as if your not in a call, the other day i took down an order from a customer in notepad then emailed it back to my office before id finished the call, amazing!
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 30-04-2008, 11:51.

Comment

Amen to that, their internet plans are crap. Did you get yours sorted yet? Have you activated EDGE?

Comment

Working...
                                X