Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillai View Post
    You sure?
    As Boris said, most of the details in that video are more or less confirmed, but that video is undoubtedly fake. Outside of hardware info, very little has been leaked about the new phone. I expect to see several new features that are not hardware dependant. The new screen format itself has probably yielded some interesting new ways to use apps.

Edit:
    And I agree with FSW; the new map service looks very slick. Proper turn-by-turn navigation will make standalone GPS devices obsolete. Though this feature will be added to 4S too.

Comment

I'm sticking with my two year old iPhone 4, a software upgrade to iOS 6 will be enough for me. I'd rather see an iMac update, been ages since Apple refreshed that product line. There's been a few rumors about that happening today but it's probably nothing.

The best map app I've used was on my old Nokia 82. Fully offline, no need for a data connection, they were lovely, perfect when traveling abroad.

Comment

Hmm if my partners 3GS is upgradeable to IOS 6 I'll keep my 4S, if not she will be inheriting my 4S and I will be getting a 5 I guess, not really fussed either way at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
          Inferior map service? Considering all the tech they bought up it should be amazing map service! Not saying it will but all the stuff they've bought looks amazing.
          The Phrase bobbins sprang to mind when I was using it. I reverted back to my old firmware because of it.

The hilariously glaring errors like this were kinda funny, but when errors were right down to more basic things you just want to be right it hampered useability.
          The google app on Android does turn by turn, Apple just chose never to give the iPhone that option, even if it had of I don't think I'd use it for a SatNav. I've been using the TomTom app on iPhone for the last 4 years, that is the best thing I ever bought for my iPhone and I doubt the built in stuff will touch it.
          Either way I suppose I'm sure I'll get used to it's shonkiness as I won't have any choice if I get an iPhone 5.

Comment

Itune11 is coming out today, maybe it's been redesigned from the ground up and is less ****?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              Itune11 is coming out today, maybe it's been redesigned from the ground up and is less ****?
              What do you reckon the chances of that are?

Comment

I guess it will have a Spotify-like music streaming service. And seeing as it's announced alongside the new phone, I guess it will have some important new iOS features.

Comment

Unless this new iPhone is a total train-wreck, I'll likely get one this time. Every year, I almost get an iPhone and don't. Now my old Sony Ericsson far-from-smart phone is held together by sellotape and on its last legs, I'll probably take the plunge.

Comment

Come on in, the water's lovely. And if it isn't, there's an app for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Unless this new iPhone is a total train-wreck, I'll likely get one this time. Every year, I almost get an iPhone and don't. Now my old Sony Ericsson far-from-smart phone is held together by sellotape and on its last legs, I'll probably take the plunge.
                      I've got a 2 year old Iphone 4, whose battery is on it's last legs and the power and home button have worn out?
                      How about that?

As much as I enjoy slagging off Apple, I quite want a new phone, I need an upgrade.

Comment

They've just announced the iphone 5 is going to feature a fully fledged teleporter

I just saw this old picture, it's not meant to be funny , but it really does look like the guy on the right is trying to hold back an errection

Last edited by EvilBoris; 12-09-2012, 17:16.

Comment

Nothing amazing announced yet, just general upgrades. Better cameras front and back, built in panorama mode, better battery, taller screen etc.

They are starting to talk about IOS6
                          Last edited by EvilBoris; 12-09-2012, 17:42.

Comment

Yeah, that's about it.

Siri can do a few more things, if you like that sort of thing.

Comment

Mega mega disappointed with iPhone 5... Not sure if I should get it or wait for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2!!

Comment

Any idea on the uk relase date ?

Comment

Working...
                                X