No announcement yet.

iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

decided against the three contract and went for the 16gb freebie with O2..

queued up at 6.30 and was the 2nd out of the store with a handful of chocolate muffins and breakfast goodies they where handing out.. i'm like a kiddie in a sweet shop

Comment

I just installed the iCloud control panel on my Windows PC. For the photostream you can just select a folder where you want all the photos to be downloaded to and select another folder where you can put files that you want to be uploaded to your photostream.

I wish the Mac version had that option! I don't use iPhoto or Aperture so the photostream option is grayed out on my Mac iCloud control panel. Being able to have photos from my iPhone simply show up in a folder of my choosing would be very useful, it's a shame they don't give you that option on the Mac instead of trying and force you into using iPhoto or Aperture.

At the moment after I've taken some pics I'll usually upload them to Dropbox so they're waiting for me on the Mac when I get home, but it'd be nice to cut out those extra steps and have them transferred automatically.

Comment

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

I bought the 32GB 4S this morning. Shame it's not for me. It's for the good lady who isn't even going to see it until tomorrow.

Having played with it a bit I'm tempted to get one for myself. That Siri assistant stuff is fantastic. Even copes ok with my Scottish accent.

Comment

Could anyone possible pick me up one from an apple store? i can pay by bank or paypal gift, im after a 16 g white or black sim free unlocked ip4s.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              Even copes ok with my Scottish accent.
              Yusssssssss!

Comment

I can't wait to get home to play with mine now First day purchases are SO not like me, so this is a R@RE occaision for me...

Gotta ask thought, as im a PC user at home and it is where im intending on syncing my iphone up with, am i basically missing out on a load of stuff? I read about this iphoto aperture stuff which i have no idea about, is there a PC equivelent I will be able to use?

Comment

Well, I went for my 4S this morning. And...I don't have a 4S.

I got put on an o2 simplicity contract off one of their moronic call centre staff who called ME and offered me this as a "thank you" for staying with o2 until the next iPhone came out, which I was told twice by her, and then once off another call centre staff member I rang after to confirm.

On their computers today, it says I'm in a 12 month contract and can't upgrade. So, I've been told to contact their customer services to sort it out. I've been in a line to talk to them for 2 hours, 18 minutes and 33 seconds as of writing this.

The manager is keeping me a 64GB Black 4S so they had better sort this **** out I was assured I would have no problems

Edit:

Finally got through. They can't sort it out in store so I have to get one sent to me. So I waited an hour and a half for nothing... thanks o2.
                  Last edited by Synthesthesia; 14-10-2011, 12:11.

Comment

Ive had problems with o2 like that before too,

Anyone gonna head into the store later for any reason ? could you pick me up a 16 g plz

Comment

You'll be too late for one now I'd guess.

Comment

Out of curiosity, what sort of protection do you guys use for Iphones?

Is an invisi-shield type cover enough? there seems to be a whole host of accessories floating around the net, dunno what's good and what's not

Comment

I used those invisible sheild protectors for ages (really rate the total protection ones) but I had to stop using them because they melted when i was using my phone as a satnav

Comment

Do a search for Martin Fields screen protectors. Found these to be the highest optical quality and if applied well, pretty much invisible to the naked eye and casual observer.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                              Out of curiosity, what sort of protection do you guys use for Iphones?

Is an invisi-shield type cover enough? there seems to be a whole host of accessories floating around the net, dunno what's good and what's not

Phone Devil Magic Screen Crystal Clear edition. Easy to put on. Can't tell it's on there and it's been on for several months already.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, will get searching on the shields

Comment

Working...
                                X