Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
    I thought it was meant to be Apple users that were arrogant I've both built my own PCs and bought them from well known manufacturers, I know how to use them, and in my experience even when you do your very best to keep a Windows machine nice and clean, it eventually starts slowing down and getting a little flakey for no particular reason. Something I haven't yet experienced on the Mac.
    I can't say I agree with that at all, but I maintain my PC and don't run stuff like AV.

Comment

Ah well, fair enough. As long as everyone is happy with what they've got, that's the main thing

Comment

I thought reliability wasn't an issue with apple owners as they wouldn't be seen dead with last years model

Comment

IMO apple hardware > everything else and osx > windows.

Use a touchpad on any windows laptop, from any vendor. Then use the touchpad on a MacBook and see how it should be done.

Apple's attitude and restrictive practices suck though and they're getting worse too. Not being able to run my own code on my own phone? Gtf!

Comment

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
            Yeah but you can get a full, professional DAW setup for the cost of the iPad so the iPad is the more expensive option. Granted the space of a laptop is a bit larger, though I wouldn't say it's that different myself.
            Well duh, obviously for ?400 you can get some pretty nifty audio equipment but I'm not talking about buying an iPad instead of a DAW setup, I was pointing out that I get to do these funky things very nicely(and cheaply) on a general purpose device I already bought. You may as well argue that ?400 is a lot for a cut-down drawing tablet when you could get a Wacom for ?30 or some pens and paper for a few quid and you'd be right, but again that would miss my point.

I'm not denying that you could do that stuff properly on a ?400 laptop(and, as you say, the space requirements for both are quite similar but I can't put a laptop on my piano at all), and if it came across that I had only bought my iPad to draw stuff and make silly drum sounds then that wasn't my intention. I was just using examples for why I don't think iPads are wasted for children because of the creative possibilities they present.

Originally posted by bwi View Post
            I thought reliability wasn't an issue with apple owners as they wouldn't be seen dead with last years model
            lol, kinda makes Applecare a bit redundant, eh? I'm typing this on a 2008 Macbook(not even a Pro! wtf!) that I rescued from death after coffee damage and it's still going strong.
            Last edited by randombs; 07-04-2012, 22:39.

Comment

Lana Del Rey. Someone out there is having a laugh aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                What annoys me about her is that Mulberry (who I love more than Nintendo believe it or not) are making a new "Del Rey" range of handbags that are "inspired" by her but she doesn't design them or do anything but get free bags and get paid to show her face at their shows/in their catalogues etc.

Shop the official mulberry.com website for timeless British luxury. Discover our classic leather bags, accessories, womenswear and travel collections.

TBF they did the same with Alexa Chung and that was alright but Lana Del Rey? Reeeeeally? Who has she been sleeping with to get where she is? :/

Comment

By all accounts her father is incredibly wealthy, and has bought her a 'career'. She'd be better calling her self Lana Del Dyson, as both her music and personality are vacuous.

Comment

Who? Sounds like something I had last time was at Wahacha

Comment

By all accounts her father is incredibly wealthy, and has bought her a 'career'. She'd be better calling her self Lana Del Dyson, as both her music and personality are vacuous.
                      "Thanks! I'll be here all week! Try the veal!"

Comment

I barely had time to make that post QC, i'm engrossed in a book about anti gravity, it's impossible to put down.

Comment

I barely had time to make that post QC, i'm engrossed in a book about anti gravity, it's impossible to put down.
                          "...it's impossible to put down. So much better than the book about uncle eric."

Boom! Boom!

Comment

There's a special place in hell for people who spend an absolute fortune on cars but can't be bothered to spring a bit extra on a hands free phone kit.

Today I saw a woman driving a brand new Audi Q7, which starts at around ?40k, shouting into her phone which was held up to her face. She was driving through a street with cars parked on one side at great speed and was clearly struggling to steer the thing with just one hand.

You splashed all that money on the car, yet couldn't afford a few more to ensure that you aren't going run the very high risk of killing someone else?

Bravo!

Comment

I'm reading "The Cat's Revenge" by Claude Balls...

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial View Post
                                a brand new Audi Q7
                                The brand of choice for tossers.

Comment

Working...
                                X