X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm now finishing up the missus rose ****ing minging yack

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
      Not leathered but have enjoyed some Buck's Fizz, tangle wood, several large gin and tonics, whiskey and gingers, sparkling wine, port and some nasty larger.
      Wine and champagne/brandy mix. Too much food for drinking heavily. Blerk.

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
        Wine and champagne/brandy mix. Too much food for drinking heavily. Blerk.
        Please discount my obnoxious drunken posts
        Last edited by ETC; 26-12-2012, 09:25.

Comment

Just finished a Christmas burbur session with prinnysquad we had: Hobgoblin, Shut Thi Gob, Elgood's Warrior, Old Hooky, Sneck Lifter and to finish Bah Humbug!

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
            Old Pultney is superb. I have a bottle of it almost finished, but I'll b sad to have the last dram. Just opened a Balvenie double wood tonight for a couple
            Result! Got a new bottle of Pultney for Christmas so just finishing off my old one now. No sadness for this last dram.

Comment

Sat having a nice malt, Aberlour tonight. Haven't drank in something like 5/6 weeks, but out on a full sesh tomorrow for a mates birthday, so thought i'd better have a warm up!

Comment

Gentlemen, I am in the last vestiges of preparing to hit that wagon again, I've once again decided that alcohol is a drug of fools, poor man's cocaine, got a possible date with the pub on Friday night but after that, I want my health to feel great again, at least for a bit.

Bet absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Comment

Had some tasty random wheatbeer in a random german pub last night. Yum.

Comment

Hello fellow drinking people!

So, on average, how much do you guys drink a week?

Just before Xmas I mentioned to a friend how much i was drinking, between 8-12 440ml cans of beer a night - and he reacted quite shocked. Ive been doing that now for the past couple years... never really gave it much thought. I drink super fast, so by the time ive sat down and settled after work, ive already had 4...

But his reaction made me reflect and reconsider that obvious bad habbit. Because thats all it was - a habit. So since Christmas i'v cut right down, mostly only drink at weekends now, or if i fancy a relaxing beer during the week, i have one or two.

The funny thing is, i didnt need to drink 8-12 cans previously, there was no real urge... It was just because i could and got into the routine of it - It was my chillout time. Time not to focus on anything, just unwind with a beer. Since ive cut down I've not been bothered at all, not missed it, no desire to increase. Funny really! I just obviously got so used to it it became part of my every day routine, never gave it a second thought.

Health wise im sure my insides are singing for joy, but i dont feel any healthier. I have always kept pretty fit...

The only major difference i have noticed is that i dont sleep as well....
                    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
                      Hello fellow drinking people!

So, on average, how much do you guys drink a week?

Just before Xmas I mentioned to a friend how much i was drinking, between 8-12 440ml cans of beer a night - and he reacted quite shocked. Ive been doing that now for the past couple years... never really gave it much thought. I drink super fast, so by the time ive sat down and settled after work, ive already had 4...

But his reaction made me reflect and reconsider that obvious bad habbit. Because thats all it was - a habit. So since Christmas i'v cut right down, mostly only drink at weekends now, or if i fancy a relaxing beer during the week, i have one or two.

The funny thing is, i didnt need to drink 8-12 cans previously, there was no real urge... It was just because i could and got into the routine of it - It was my chillout time. Time not to focus on anything, just unwind with a beer. Since ive cut down I've not been bothered at all, not missed it, no desire to increase. Funny really! I just obviously got so used to it it became part of my every day routine, never gave it a second thought.

Health wise im sure my insides are singing for joy, but i dont feel any healthier. I have always kept pretty fit...

The only major difference i have noticed is that i dont sleep as well....
                      I used to work in drug and alcohol detox for the NHS and at them levels you would have been suitable for Tier 4 detoxification (basically forced detox at a secure facility) scary! Even a standard 4% abv beer has 1.8 units a tin so = average 10 = 18units/day or 126 units/week. It is reccomended 21 units a week for a man so you were nearly putting away the whole week in a day!

I know where I worked you would have been classed as an alcoholic (statistically) and I have personally seen people become very ill on half that consumption over that time. You must be either very lucky or healthy as an ox.

The sleep thing is common, subconsciously you may have been a little addicted and your brain chemistry is adjusting back to normal (takes a while)

Me. I binge drink, ill have Nowt for a week or two then a couple to a few days of 4-10 drinks a night. I get bored though and then usually switch to coffee or Ribena
                      Last edited by ETC; 31-01-2013, 20:37.

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
                        I used to work in drug and alcohol detox for the NHS and at them levels you would have been suitable for Tier 4 detoxification (basically forced detox at a secure facility) scary! Even a standard 4% abv beer has 1.8 units a tin so = average 10 = 18units/day or 126 units/week. It is reccomended 21 units a week for a man so you were nearly putting away the whole week in a day!

I know where I worked you would have been classed as an alcoholic (statistically) and I have personally seen people become very ill on half that consumption over that time. You must be either very lucky or healthy as an ox.

The sleep thing is common, subconsciously you may have been a little addicted and your brain chemistry is adjusting back to normal (takes a while)

Me. I binge drink, ill have Nowt for a week or two then a couple to a few days of 4-10 drinks a night. I get bored though and then usually switch to coffee or Ribena

I was poo-hooed for saying this to adam on this forum before christmas, but it sounds like the penny might have dropped.

Comment

Yeah, i think a bit of the healthy and the luck was in it, to be fair! Maybe i just wee'd it all out....?

Silly really. I actually went for a check up last week, just to make sure i havent done any damage, and apparently everything - liver included, is absolutely perfectly fine. In fact im fitter than average! She said my heart rate and blood pressure was very good. Kinda makes me think bugger it, back on the booze! haha

On a serious note, it was a silly habbit and it was costing us a bloody tonne. Not good.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                            I was poo-hooed for saying this to adam on this forum before christmas, but it sounds like the penny might have dropped.
                            Haha!! Really??! I dont remember!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
                              Haha!! Really??! I dont remember!!
                              Yeah it's true - I had deja vu reading the last few posts! Adam, you are built like an ox so your body can probably take a lot more than average, but it's still going to take its toll over the long run. I can't really say anything as I drink way too much diet coke - which is probably worse - but just thought I'd add to the voices.

Charles: round these parts people rate the Schneider & Paulaner weissbier, though any of the Bavarian whites will be good (except Erdinger). Make sure you try the Dunkles Weissbier too.

Comment

Yeah, deffo some good advice here, I seem to get the same effect as Adam gets, probably cos I'm quite tall and my job is super-physical, I can get away with drinking a fair amount of booze over a long, regular time period. I could probably drink every night for eight months (I'm a slow drinker, btw, not a gulper, glass of wine 30 mins, pint 1hr!), then I notice I'm feeling nauseous, or I'm not getting my food down, or I start getting more acid reflux, or I just start feeling generally unwell, and that's the time I stop. Hell, it's dumb even getting to that point! Fortnight off it, difference is MASSIVE, you can do stuff without waiting hours for that bloody comedown to go away!

Got a mate at work, he does 15 cans of Carling after every shift, pussyjuice I call it,been doing it for YEARS, he's six-one, never gets hangovers BUT has a space hopper-style beer gut. If he's taking tablets, he can just quit like that. Got a guy from Ghana who drinks pints of whisky the same way Brian Glover could've polished off a pint o' bitter, he doesn't understand the concept of alcohol being bad for you, his dad had the same habits and recently died aged 93! BUT, also got a guy who became alcohol dependent just off one bottle of wine a day! He's spindly n' small, mind . Our individual systems are all too complex for anyone to truly call, though it's better to err on the side of caution with anything remotely deleterious to one's health.

Sleep thing eventually comes back, too, 'cos the alcohol sort of synthetically puts you to sleep and the brain gets used to this and it has to slowly rebalance/readjust. Managed to get normal sleep within a week last time, just did one stay awake and my sleep patterns were sound after that.

Yeah, I drink to chill after work, I rarely get blasted, I think we should add another category to the boozer's lexicon, "Chill Drinker".

It really is a mug's game, just a pity it's much easier to notice the fun bits than all the other good crap it subtracts from you!!
                                Last edited by JazzFunk; 01-02-2013, 12:13.

Comment

Working...
                                X