The Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HamFace's first day:

9:01 a.m. - Announce tax cuts for 2000 richest toffs in the country. Encourage them to assume various tax-avoiding statuses anyway, just so they're likely to buy me a peerage. Increase tax burden on everyone else. Sit back and wait to receive offers for positions on boards of multinationals as reward.

9:10 a.m. - Make sweeping cuts of public services and encourage more toffs to come in and cream a mint off them in PFIs.

9:19 a.m. - Ask nanny to wipe my arse, as I will have undoubtedly shat myself with excitement, while Gorgeous George looks on.

9:26 a.m. - Tender the rights for privatising air, whereby every subject of Myself has to wear an Oxygen Usage Meter, and pay per breath. The poor and lower middle earners will doubtless start to hyperventilate with stress, which rakes in the cash for my good chums Cuthbert and Tarquin, my old Eton buddies running the company who'll win the tender.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
      HamFace's first day:

9:01 a.m. - Announce tax cuts for 2000 richest toffs in the country. Encourage them to assume various tax-avoiding statuses anyway, just so they're likely to buy me a peerage. Increase tax burden on everyone else. Sit back and wait to receive offers for positions on boards of multinationals as reward.

9:10 a.m. - Make sweeping cuts of public services and encourage more toffs to come in and cream a mint off them in PFIs.

9:19 a.m. - Ask nanny to wipe my arse, as I will have undoubtedly shat myself with excitement, while Gorgeous George looks on.

9:26 a.m. - Tender the rights for privatising air, whereby every subject of Myself has to wear an Oxygen Usage Meter, and pay per breath. The poor and lower middle earners will doubtless start to hyperventilate with stress, which rakes in the cash for my good chums Cuthbert and Tarquin, my old Eton buddies running the company who'll win the tender.
      LoL - I came on to post 'Prinnysquad rant in 5..4..3..'
      And it was already here!! Sooooooperb!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Well, the Tories surely can't **** things up any more than Labour have, now can they?
        We'll come back to this in six months.

I just hope you aren't planning to ring your local council / go to the Doctors or do anything else involved with the public sector within the next... oooohhh.... 4 - 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Plough Boy View Post
          LoL - I came on to post 'Prinnysquad rant in 5..4..3..'
          And it was already here!! Sooooooperb!
          Your predictable skanking of my predictability was predictably slow. D0Dd3D.

Comment

Bang goes my current contract (for the public sector) then.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post

I just hope you aren't planning to ring your local council / go to the Doctors or do anything else involved with the public sector within the next... oooohhh.... 4 - 6 years.
              cos Gordon Brown has spunked all the money up against a wall and put us all into debt for decades ?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                Lib Dems sold their souls for a few seats on cabinet. Guess independence is the only answer to a government nobody likes here or wants , god help us all with car salesman David, posh slimy and looking after the rich, welcome back Tories after 13 years,NOT.
                How exactly did they sell their souls? The Conservatives have apparently made several important concessions on policy. There are reports they are to drop the raising of the inheritance tax threshold, there will be no tax breaks for married couples and there will be fixed term parliaments.

Couple that with the possibility that Ramsay Macdonald's Alternative Vote may be put to a referendum after 90 years on the shelf thanks to Labour and it starts to look at least a little rosier.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and it could be that we get the 10p tax rate reintroduced.
                Last edited by egparadigm; 11-05-2010, 19:17.

Comment

How on earth do you guys know what concessions have, or haven't been made, when nothing's been announced yet?

Comment

Like I say, it's not confirmed, but there have been a couple of leaks and briefings going on. Only time will tell with this whole affair!

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post

I must admit, for the first time in my adult life I think I'm actually "properly" concerned about things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                        I must admit, for the first time in my adult life I think I'm actually "properly" concerned about things.
                        And you haven't been for the past couple of years?

Comment

Comment

Very good, Bort.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
                              Who went to the last bilderburg meeting? who is most closly related to the Royal Family?

You have your next priminister.
                              Told you!

Comment

We are blue once more. Go capitalism. Give it 12 years once Cameron has dug the UK out of ****, and then Labour will come back and **** it all up again.

Politics is so predictable.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X