No announcement yet.

The Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, I don't love them sorry, I hate everything equally. It's fair that way.

Comment

My MP is one of the ones in court, so deselected by Labour. I see some Abedayo Adidiosomething from Hackney(lets just say she's not representative of this community is trying to get selected for the seat, being a 'safe' Labour seat - what a joke if it wasn't so serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
        Hey I hope its still funny when your non white friends get deported
        If they don't have a legal right to be here then bye-bye. A harder line on immigration and it wouldn't be such a problem.

Comment

Yeah, but there's a difference between a harder line on immigration and straight-up white supremacy, which is what the BNP essentially advocates. One of their policies is offering financial incentives to non-white legal residents (including those born here) of the UK who volunteer to go back to their country of origin. **** knows what that means when you're dealing with someone who was born in the UK. Until recently, their smashing plan was to start with 'voluntary' resettlement of non-whites, followed by compulsory deportation for those that resisted. Nice people.

Comment

You have to ask yourself if those policies would be enforcible by law, firstly they would need to get through the UK legal system then the European one. Highly unlikely, but make wonderful headlines.

Go read some of the Monster Loony Party policies, similar type of thing without the white hoods and burning crosses.

Comment

But the Monster Raving Loony Party is a joke party whereas the BNP are being serious. True, they would have a hard time making their policies reality but they are serious policies all the same, i.e. ideas they believe in. If people are comfortable voting for a party with those sorts of views, even if it doesn't realistically stand a chance of forming a government, well they must be pretty **** people.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                If people are comfortable voting for a party with those sorts of views, even if it doesn't realistically stand a chance of forming a government, well they must be pretty **** people.
                Have to agree with that unless these people really believe it.

Comment

Yeah, but there's a difference between a harder line on immigration and straight-up white supremacy, which is what the BNP essentially advocates. One of their policies is offering financial incentives to non-white legal residents (including those born here) of the UK who volunteer to go back to their country of origin. **** knows what that means when you're dealing with someone who was born in the UK. Until recently, their smashing plan was to start with 'voluntary' resettlement of non-whites, followed by compulsory deportation for those that resisted. Nice people.
                  I always wondered what this party's stance was on illegal white immigrants (an illegal immigrant who is, say Polish for example). Do they get more leniency because they are white even though they may be illegal? And as you say, if a person of colour is born here, where exactly are they supposed to go "back" to? As Dirty Sanchez mentioned, they'd have a tough time getting some of these policies enforced across the board.

In other news, apparently the Green Party's small print says it intends to enforce Paganism as the state religion. Just what we need, another religion competing for dominance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
                    I always wondered what this party's stance was on illegal white immigrants (an illegal immigrant who is, say Polish for example).
                    You can't actually have a Polish illegal entrant as such, due to freedom of movement within the EU and so forth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
                      In other news, apparently the Green Party's small print says it intends to enforce Paganism as the state religion. Just what we need, another religion competing for dominance.
                      Paganism seems to do pretty well at the end of October with Halloween!

Comment

If people are comfortable voting for a party with those sorts of views, even if it doesn't realistically stand a chance of forming a government, well they must be pretty **** people.
                        Why? Voting for the most politically incorrect party is a pretty good protest vote. Plus I hate political correctness.

Whatever, voting is absolutely pointless - the voting system we have in place is only there to make it look like we have a choice. No one realistically has a choice in anything anymore. Seeing someone like the BNP prevail actually gives me hope in that I'm wrong about that.

Comment

Discriminating against people based on the colour of their skin isn't being 'politically incorrect'. It's despicable, indefensible racism.

The BNP was born out of the National Front. The NF, like the BNP, is not merely a 'politically incorrect' party. It's an extremist organisation with some reprehensible views. Politically incorrect, lol. Yeah, that Combat 18 is politically incorrect too. Pity they don't have any candidates standing, we could all vote for them as a protest vote. Jesus.
                          Last edited by endo; 09-04-2010, 08:48.

Comment

I don't agree with their policies but I do support their inclusion in the political system. If people are so frustrated, marginalised and ignored that they turn to what is virtually a protest vote then that doesn't make them **** people.

If we had proportional representation then actions like these would make a bigger impact, driving those in power to actually do something about it. Take a look at the areas, they all need investment and regeneration - very little has to do with ethic tensions when you get over those hurdles.

Lib Dems - nearly a quarter of the votes, only one tenth of the seats. That is the kicker.

Comment

Yeah, the current system is a pisser and PR would go a long way towards rectifying some of the problems. Which isn't to say I don't support the BNP's inclusion in the political process- I do. We live in a democracy after all and if a bunch of racists want to form a political party, then they should be allowed to do so.

I'm not entirely convinced that many BNP voters are turning to them in protest as a last resort though. The BNP has spent a long time cultivating a more family-friendly image to attract the average voter. The same racist ideology is still there though, behind the facade. Fair enough, lots of people might not realise where the BNP came from and what its stance is on race relations, but ignorance isn't an excuse for anything, least of all when voting.

Comment

Yeah, that Combat 18 is politically incorrect too. Pity they don't have any candidates standing, we could all vote for them as a protest vote.
                                Absolutely! The more radical the option the better. It's my vote anyway, so I only have to think about myself here remember - if I cared about other people I might actually look at voting for someone else, but it's my vote, my life, my choice, and I think it's funny.

I don't want anything out of politics, I just want to be proven wrong that the whole thing is a decorated facade with the same shadow government pulling strings no matter who's in power. That's the main reason someone like the BNP will never fully get anywhere anyway.

Anyway, if you think the BNP are bad you really don't want someone like me getting into politics, and I'm not racist. I'd target everyone with the same cross-hair. It's what's needed.

I'm not ignorant by the way, I know who the BNP are, why they're here, and what they want to do. I'm even from the same pit as Griffin himself, and went to school with his nephew. I don't agree with them at all, and think a lot of their members are scum, but I'm voting for them anyway, because it's funny.

It's not the fact that they've cultivated a family-friendly image to attract more voters, they don't really need to do anything to attract more voters as long as things carry on as they are.
                                Last edited by dataDave; 09-04-2010, 11:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X