Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are doing a new 1/4 Scale PF Doctor Doom, I'd expect a reveal pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
      Ah right! I only watched upto the 3rd season of clone wars, will have to get through the 4th I know they bought him back in the Star Wars Visionaries book where he has the mechanical legs and goes after Obi Wan ( great book btw recommend to all ) but i was totally puzzled by the weird spider body lol

The Mythos Darth Maul went up a month of so back at $250 which i think is a decent price for a 1/5 statue.

I was tempted when i saw Maul and Obi Wan but i think Vader has sealed the fact i am gonna get this line, not only are they great Star Wars statues i think they are just great statues overall.
      I've only seen upto season 2 but read up on the fourth season when I caught a clip of Maul on Cartoon Network the other week.
      Season 3 is on it's way from Zavvi at the moment so I'll be caught up in a couple of weeks

Funny you should mention Star Wars books I'm slowly catchin up & getting back into them.
      Haven't read anything on the prequel side of things I've stuck mostly to the books following the original trilogy (Just getting all the books together for the Legacy of Force series & will get started on as soon as I finish reading my Transformers novels) but I'll look into the one you mentioned...interested to see what they make of Darth Maul & it will finally explain where the Sideshow statue came from

Bugger didin't realise that Maul was up for order already...that's a damn good price for him.
      If I sell my Hot Toys I think that's a must buy, he looks sooooo amaze

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Thanks for all the posts guys. Some interesting stuff!

At a mere $2K, I'm getting two Dooms - one for the front door and one for the lounge...
      More pics of this if you get them, please!
      Any idea if they would ever do a smaller version?

You know what, I really like that new Superman design and the design of his suit. It's enough for me to investigate the reboot! It easily better than Superman: The Mullet Years.

The Avengers busts are nice too and might be reasonably priced.

If you're drawing a Venn Diagram for the Green Lantern statue, I'm in the group overlapping "Too Shiny" and "Crazy Abbs".

Those Sucker Punch figures are a great idea and it's a shame the movie didn't live up to its potential and warrant a sequel.

Are there no Transformers statues being revealed, Soundwave?!
      Agree on the Sucker Punch inspired stuff they look sweet & I'd love to see a sequel to the movie as well.

Nope no Transformers that I can think of, but then anything they do make will be based on Bayformers & I hate them with a passion.
      In fact there are rumours that there could be a Bumblebee maquette coming to go with the Optimus one they already released.

Neil

Comment

Blimey!, this thread got busy today with some nice pics and views/comments to browse over.

Some nice SW pieces on show, glad I'm not a fan of it all as I can see how people can spend serious money collecting pieces for it.

Doom still looks like 'The' statue of the show so far, tho' The Hulk and Galactus (obviously ) aren't far behind him.

Doom just reeks of money. I dare say he'll come in at the dearest piece of the convention for SSC, which in some respects (well for me anyway!), is great as that means he's well out of my reach.

Comment

You know, I only usually lurk in this thread to see pics of other people's cool statues (I'm usually put off by the price to pick up anything myself) but those Star Wars ones are amazing! I'd love to grab them all, but at the very least I'm going to have to pick up Vader and Boba!

Comment

Rita Mordio figure from Tales of Vesperia is in stock and winging it's way to me. I also won a Mint Adnade (Tales of Phantasia) Kotobukiya figure off eBay for ?14 which should be with me soon too! I am thinking that when I get a cabinet set up for figures I will probably have enough 'Tales' ones for their own shelf - Millia and Flynn coming later this year too!

Comment

I don't think many of us will be picking up that Doom statue from Sideshow. I might have to go for the budget version - Marvel Legends Series 3!

Also, there's a great offer where you can get an Infinity Gauntlet Doctor Doom from Secret Wars!

Here's a few SDCC exclusive figures.

Comment

Apparently there is a Koto Joker Killing Joke statue in the works

I will be having this

Neil

EDIT -

Koto have another new 52 Justice League statue on display at SDCC as well...Wonder Woman

The line is looking better & better & I think I'll be picking the JL up as we go.

Neil
                Last edited by Soundwave; 13-07-2012, 16:35.

Comment

edit: NM, I'll get my coat. Losing the plot.

Comment

Couple of new close ups of the mega Doom LSF

Definitely stealing the show for me simply amazing work.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Also, there's a great offer where you can get an Infinity Gauntlet Doctor Doom from Secret Wars!

QC not reading the small print

'Offer is only valid within the United States and Canada, while supplies last'

As an aside, does anyone subscribe to the digital service? It seems like a good deal with 30% off. Not too bothered about owning physical copies so it may be a good time to jump on board.

Comment

The 52 Wonder Woman doesnt look quite right for me so I reckon Ill skip her. The Koto Venom for my likes is spot on. The other one looks like it has breasts. If I sell enough games the Koto Batman is mine

Comment

Sideshow have a competition on to win the diablo statue

I'd love to get into this but it looks uber expensive

Comment

Nice Video of the S.H.Figuarts DBZ stuff here. I love this line but i just wish they had/had more effect parts. I do like Krillins Kienzan though, although it should have been a molded piece to his hand rather than use a stand.

Comment

I've made a video of the 1/35 Valken I've recently purchased. It's only the unbox plus plates detail, don't know when I'll assemble the model.

Comment

Was reading Koto's Facebook page and it seems like for the DC52 line they will be sticking to the 7 Justice League

Comment

Working...
                                X