Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my Super Robot Chogokin Alteisen today!

If you don't know SRC is the new Chogokin line which is focusing on smaller figures with accessories and a lower price but they still have all the pose-ability and die cast of the SOC line. Basically its Bandais attempt to pull people away from the Revoltech line ( i'm looking at you Neil :P )

I'm not gonna pick up stuff like Mazinger etc thats already in the SOC line but i am gonna pick up all the Super Robot Wars OG robots they put out and Alteisen is the first one.

Quality is still super high, very solid and again plenty of diecast, he comes a with a few extra hands and a couple of "effect" pieces, all in all its a great toy and i can't wait to get a few more......but there's always that niggle in the back of my mind that i wish these were proper SOC releases as i miss the size, the bases and the ability to store all the accessories.

Also with Mazinger and Great Mazinger they have put out 2 accessories packs each featuring Rocket punch effects and the Jet Scrander etc but these are like an extra $15 -$20 each so suddenly a cheaper $40 figure goes up to $70 - $80 bringing the price very close to a SOC release. Its even worse of course for us who are importing, i got Alteisen for $39.99 but i still had to put $23 shipping on top....i deffo think Bandai need to do a middle ground of like a $60 figure with all the accessories included.

Just 1 more thing you don't get a stand included but you do get a small piece to attach to a Tamashii Stage Act 5 Stand but that again is gonna cost you another $25 to get one imported....sigh.

Will throw some pictures up later.

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with painting resin kits? I'm wondering if there is a best type of paint or anything to go with.. acrylic/enamel etc.

I haven't painted anything since I was into citadel miniatures 18 years ago, and I don't like to either, but I've got a kit on the way that demands it. No airbrush or plans to get one so it's gonna be spray paint and a brush for detailing. If the base colour is black will I still need an undercoat/primer?
      Last edited by Darwock; 01-12-2010, 12:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
        Does anyone have any experience with painting resin kits? I'm wondering if there is a best type of paint or anything to go with.. acrylic/enamel etc.

I haven't painted anything since I was into citadel miniatures 18 years ago, and I don't like to either, but I've got a kit on the way that demands it. No airbrush or plans to get one so it's gonna be spray paint and a brush for detailing.
        Acrylic or enamel should be fine, just make sure you prep the model properly.

Also when sanding do it in a well ventilated area, as the dust is really bad for you.

Comment

Pics of Alteisen, it is such an awesome toy loads of playability, hoping they release an accessories pack for him.

Last edited by NeoDragoN; 06-06-2011, 23:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
            I do.
            The behaviour of acrylic and enamel paints on resin is very similar to their behaviour on plastic. I normally use acrylic paints for a whole model; I use ModelMaster enamels for metallic and/or shiny finishes, but they tend to overpower matt acrylics even by drybrushing, so it's better to be extra careful mixing the two color types. Oil colors tend to be better when overlayed on acrylics, but they too need to be toned down a bit.

The real difference between plastic and resin kits is how you prepare the model. Resin kits must be thoroughly inspected for flashes, mold lines and air bubble; files, cutters and putty are a must when dealing with some resin kits. Once the model is ready and the putty is fully dry, clean everything with soap or other non-corrosive degreasers (in Italy we have Chante Claire which is superb); a soft toothbrush will help in getting every part of the kit clean. This part is very important if the resin is too glossy, it will help the paint stick to the kit.
            Let the kit dry and prime the model, the color depends on the effect you want to achieve.
            Tamiya primer can give you an extra layer of roughnessif the resin is particularly glossy and to average pieces with slightly different resin colors.
            Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 03-12-2010, 11:41.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
              Got my Super Robot Chogokin Alteisen today!

If you don't know SRC is the new Chogokin line which is focusing on smaller figures with accessories and a lower price but they still have all the pose-ability and die cast of the SOC line. Basically its Bandais attempt to pull people away from the Revoltech line ( i'm looking at you Neil :P )

I'm not gonna pick up stuff like Mazinger etc thats already in the SOC line but i am gonna pick up all the Super Robot Wars OG robots they put out and Alteisen is the first one.

Quality is still super high, very solid and again plenty of diecast, he comes a with a few extra hands and a couple of "effect" pieces, all in all its a great toy and i can't wait to get a few more......but there's always that niggle in the back of my mind that i wish these were proper SOC releases as i miss the size, the bases and the ability to store all the accessories.

Also with Mazinger and Great Mazinger they have put out 2 accessories packs each featuring Rocket punch effects and the Jet Scrander etc but these are like an extra $15 -$20 each so suddenly a cheaper $40 figure goes up to $70 - $80 bringing the price very close to a SOC release. Its even worse of course for us who are importing, i got Alteisen for $39.99 but i still had to put $23 shipping on top....i deffo think Bandai need to do a middle ground of like a $60 figure with all the accessories included.

Just 1 more thing you don't get a stand included but you do get a small piece to attach to a Tamashii Stage Act 5 Stand but that again is gonna cost you another $25 to get one imported....sigh.

Will throw some pictures up later.
              Lol whatever are you talking about
              He looks sweet there buddy, liking the poseability looks really good.

Is that a SOC Mazinger you have him standing next to in the bottom pic??
              Looks about the same size.

That's a bit of a shame on the accessories & stands front though, will get expensive in the long run for them.

Got anything special on order at the mo??

I've asked for some cash for chrimbo this year so I can finally start rebuilding the lagging collection.
              Need to decide what to start on though.

Been getting back into DBZ lately thanks to the awesome Kai blu-ray releases & have been looking at the HUGE amount of new bits n pieces that have come out, some amazing stuff out there at the mo so might have to restart collecting there...still have a ton of DBZ stuff in my parents loft.

Well done on the new addition

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                Lol whatever are you talking about
                He looks sweet there buddy, liking the poseability looks really good.

Is that a SOC Mazinger you have him standing next to in the bottom pic??
                Looks about the same size.

That's a bit of a shame on the accessories & stands front though, will get expensive in the long run for them.

Got anything special on order at the mo??

I've asked for some cash for chrimbo this year so I can finally start rebuilding the lagging collection.
                Need to decide what to start on though.

Been getting back into DBZ lately thanks to the awesome Kai blu-ray releases & have been looking at the HUGE amount of new bits n pieces that have come out, some amazing stuff out there at the mo so might have to restart collecting there...still have a ton of DBZ stuff in my parents loft.

Well done on the new addition

Neil
                Yeah thats the SOC Mazinger with him, but compared to the SRC Mazinger Alteisen is a lot bigger, if he was done in the SOC line he would have been even more awesome.

Got no more robots on the way atm as buying other things, never got my Getter Liger & Poseidon from that ebay seller and i'm waiting on a refund ( if i ever get one ).

I sold a ton of DBZ stuff not long back on ebay, about 40 Gashapon, some very cool UFO 10 inch vinyl figs....i find most DBZ stuff looks rubbish they never ever get the faces right imo.

The best stuff i've seen is the Medicom Goku/SSJ Goku (faces still not perfect and very expesnive imo ) and the Super Fig Arts Goku Statue.

There is still not a definitive line sadly.

Medicom Goku's.

Fig Arts Goku

Someone like Sideshow or even Hottoys needs to get their hands on the license!

Comment

Thats a bugger about the Getter & posieden, hope you get a refund soon buddy.

Yeah reckon an SOC run of Super Robot stuff would be awesome.

I've always wanted the Medicom series of figures & really messed up earlier this year as I could have got all four for under £300 delivered best now is almost £370 should have jumped on them when I had the chance.
                  I actually think they are some of the better looking RAH figures.

I like those fig arts statues as well they look pretty good considering.

My DBZ stuff is mostly the Cinema figures & a mixture of the original Bandai & Irwin figures nothing of major interest really.

Would love it if Hot Toys ran a line of them.

Been looking a bit more at your Bandai SRW figures & the Mazinger one looks pretty good.
                  Bit dearer than the Revoltechs but the size difference & sculpts look like they are worth the extra.

Got a couple of weeks now to decide what I fancy spending my chrimble money on

Neil

Comment

FREEing announced the first BlazBlue complete figure and to my surprise it's not Noel but Rachel.

She looks decently made and painted, but I would have liked some other company (Alter) to tackle the subject...they took their time with Dizzy, but she looks gorgeous

And she's less expensive than Ms. Alucard (at least with AmiAmi's discount).
                    Not an immediate buy but I hope it will sell enough to see other figures to hit the market...I wouldn't mind a decently sculpted Haku-Men along more obvious choices.

Comment

Both of those models have those disgusting bases which completely ruin them for me, plus Rachel's face looks horrible. Dizzy is pretty sick overall though.

I've just put in a preorder for this on Amiami, from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          Both of those models have those disgusting bases which completely ruin them for me, plus Rachel's face looks horrible. Dizzy is pretty sick overall though.
                          I'm pretty sure that both bases are pre-production, especially Dizzy. I just hope Alter won't go for the huge, blocky bases they used for StrikerS characters and instead go for something like they used for Chua Churam's figure.

BTW, if you can track down one of these Fate figures you won't be disappointed.

Comment

I use a picture of that as my desktop wallpaper. I'd love to get one..

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post

That was my life from 2006 to 2009.

Comment

Wow been a long while since anyone posted in here but I has a new addition to the collection...

Batman Black & White: Arkham Asylum statue

So without further ado here's the piccies...

It's a VERY belated wedding gift from the Wifey...was originally due in September but the release kept getting bumped back & it finally arrived from Forbidden Planet today.

He's pretty awesome & I'm dying to get the Detolf so I can get him displayed along with the myriad of other stuff currently risiding in the parents loft.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X