This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's really impressive!

Is the b&w just the theme for that series of statues or is there some other reason? Bat vision or something!

On a different tangent, I got some of these the other day!
    I got Gigan, Godzilla, Mechagodzilla, Jet Jaguar, Titanosaurus, Megalon and King Ghidorah!

My fave is Jet Jaguar:

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
      Wow been a long while since anyone posted in here but I has a new addition to the collection...

Batman Black & White: Arkham Asylum statue

So without further ado here's the piccies...

It's a VERY belated wedding gift from the Wifey...was originally due in September but the release kept getting bumped back & it finally arrived from Forbidden Planet today.

He's pretty awesome & I'm dying to get the Detolf so I can get him displayed along with the myriad of other stuff currently risiding in the parents loft.

Neil
      Nice Neil. I like the line but its too small for my liking.

Also since when are statues Mecha Madness

Comment

Loving the Godzilla figures they are too cute

As for the Batman stuff it's just for this series of Statues but they are based on the Batman Black & White Comic series & each statue is designed by an artist that worked on the series so each Batman has it's own distinct flavour.

I've only got 2 so far as not all of them really appeal to me.

I have got the new Joker one on pre-order as well though as a companion piece to this Batman as he's got the same dark look they used for the game so he'll fit quite well.
        He's currently due in March so will be interesting to see when he finally arrives lol

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
          Nice Neil. I like the line but its too small for my liking.

Also since when are statues Mecha Madness
          Lol I suppose your right...but it does say Figure Fixation as well so I think it's close enough

I do have something a little interesting on order but it's a little way off at the mo but will get pics up as soon as I can

Neil

Comment

I was hoping to be able to post pics of the resin kit I talked about a while ago - I started it before xmas and all was going well until I got to the painting. I failed at handpainting gold trim, had to strip and redo the base coat. Did the gold trim with gold spray paint instead which gave good results, then the masking tape I used tore off the base coat when I removed it. Had to strip and do it again. Then I ran out of primer. I'm pretty close to giving up on it.

Comment

Bugger Darwock that sounds like a right nuisance

Hope you get it finished soon...don't give up it will be worth it in the end

Neil

Comment

Lol I suppose your right...but it does say Figure Fixation as well so I think it's close enough

I do have something a little interesting on order but it's a little way off at the mo but will get pics up as soon as I can

Neil
                I'm just moaning cause i've had so much stuff i could have posted lol

Comment

I'm just moaning cause i've had so much stuff i could have posted lol
                  LOL well get your finger out then

Your spending too much time playing Naruto aren't you??

Neil

Comment

LOL well get your finger out then

Your spending too much time playing Naruto aren't you??

Neil
                    Last edited by NeoDragoN; 06-06-2011, 23:58.

Comment

If anyone complains, Neil made me do it.
                      Lol it's ok I can take the complaints...I have broad shoulders

Love that Asajj Vs Anakin Diorama
                      I very nearly picked it up when Play had it in their sale but decided to spend the money elsewhere.

I am currently trying to source the Clone Wars animated Asajj maquette for less than the obscene Egay prices as she is pretty much the last one I want.

Do like the Darth Talon bust as well...have you seen the Sideshow Premium Format Darth Talon statue??
                      She's awesome but silly money as are most of he PF statues

Neil

Comment

Lol it's ok I can take the complaints...I have broad shoulders

Love that Asajj Vs Anakin Diorama
                        I very nearly picked it up when Play had it in their sale but decided to spend the money elsewhere.

I am currently trying to source the Clone Wars animated Asajj maquette for less than the obscene Egay prices as she is pretty much the last one I want.

Do like the Darth Talon bust as well...have you seen the Sideshow Premium Format Darth Talon statue??
                        She's awesome but silly money as are most of he PF statues

Neil
                        I liked the original Animated Maquette line cool stuff, only one i ever picked up was Roron Corob for like ?15. The line got a bit old though when they started doing original trilogy stuff in the animated style, i liked the ones from actual animated series and that was it.

The stuff from the Clone wars Series is nice too but i prefer the realistic stuff hence why i went for the Anakin vs Asajj Dio

I looooove the Darth Talon bust and can't wait for the GG fullsize, the Sideshow one is nice but shes not evil looking enough for me, shes too sexy if anything, also with it being a PF its way to big for my liking and i can't stand this mixed media stuff....

Comment

Odd amputee Sith figure. If you've gone as far as her thighs, why not make the legs?

Comment

Just for you DT, now you got a spare 200 quid you can give me?
                            Last edited by MisterBubbles; 18-01-2011, 12:55.

Comment

Oh, that's nice. And the way she's looking away from me, playing hard to get. Perfect. But, sadly no, I don't have a spare 200 quid.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X