Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'd better get practising, boys, the "World Cup" of Gundam Modelling is about to kick off.

Link

Bandai on June 20, the popular anime "Mobile Suit Gundam" Model of (aka Gundam) contest to determine the world of making "Gundam Builders World Cup 2011" to turn in July in 13 countries, including Japan region announced it would hold. Gundam Official Contest will be held for the first time on a global scale.

In the contest, painting techniques and tools Gundam technology, competition and ideas. More than 15 years of age can participate, "open course" and under 14 "Junior Course" is set in two courses. Holding period is July to December 2011. Host countries are Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Australia, America, Italy.

The elected representatives of each country in the qualifying examination will be held in December in Hong Kong "Hong Kong Gundam EXPO 2011 World Tour" to determine the world champion in Gundam. Be held in Japan, "Gundam Builders World Cup 2011 tournament in Japan" is that you start accepting applications from July 25.

One of the leading company selling products that were released in Japan Gundam ■ July 1980. Has been supported by many fans abroad as well, especially in Asia and Japan. In Japan, six million 400 million overseas, more than 28 million were sold in 12 countries in the region total.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      You'd better get practising, boys, the "World Cup" of Gundam Modelling is about to kick off.

Link
      Lol awesome

Just been browsing round & the pics are leaking proper from SDCC now & there are some amazing pieces being shown.

Hot Toys & Sideshow seem to be stealing the show though.

I'm gonna try to grab the best pics later & do a little post.

But the Bespin Luke from HT is looking rather good along with the '89 Joker & the Sideshow Grievous & PF Joker are really outstanding.

Neil

Comment

Not sure if you ever saw this, but here's a tour of the Gundam factory!

There's even a Zaku forklift truck!

Comment

BIG O SHOOOOWTIME!

Yes finally got my SOC GX-48 Big O!

IF you haven't seen Big O i suggest you check it out, its only 26 episodes and is one of my fave anime's ever! Big O Wikipedia

A few more Pics on My Collection Page

Such a fantastic design! A robot standing still has never looked so good

Oh yeah still waiting on my bargain i got, should be here next week
          Last edited by NeoDragoN; 22-07-2011, 15:53.

Comment

square_arts_batman.jpg

WANT!

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]17176[/ATTACH]

WANT!
              Joker & Uncharted Drake to follow as well

Check out these Batman figures and the rest of the Play Arts Kai pre-views at http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/07/sdcc-2011-photo-coverage-part-1.htmlhttp:...

Comment

Nice finds Spatial & Soundwave!

I'm not keen on visible jointed figures, but the detail on Batman & the Joker looks great.

I do believe I shall be purchasing these when they go up for sale. Is there any indication of release dates/prices and, for these type of figures, a reliable retailer?

Comment

Your welcome

I'm definitely picking up Bats he looks fantastic, not sold on Joker though he looks a little skinny & the visible joints are a bit too much on him because of the slimness of the figure.

Could look at Tokyo Toys...

Discover TokyoToys, the UK's premier destination for anime and manga enthusiasts. Dive into a curated selection of award-winning products and exclusive collectibles. Shop now!

They had the Res ones in stock when I was in there a few weeks back but they are a tad pricey at ?60 so they may be cheaper elsewhere like FP.com

While we are on Play-Arts has anyone seen the Bayonetta figure...

"htt<b

She looks awesome

Also while I'm at it some more news on the PF Joker if anyone is interested.
                  He's due Q2/2012 (which is a result as it gives me time to save ) & will be priced at $350
                  Ex is coming with a second head &amp; there are rumours that he may be 25" tall <br><br><br><br><br

just love it definitely a must buy, the base detail looks amazing.

Been some other great bits showing at SDCC including the HT Iron Monger...<br><br>
                  Going to be massively expensive though I feel...he comes complete with an Obadiah figure as well

Oh & the HT '89 Joker is looking awesome...

<br><br>

Definitely a good show & I'm actually planning a trip next year now...just need to watch the pennies

Neil
                  Last edited by Soundwave; 22-07-2011, 21:39.

Comment

Some exciting news transformers fans...there are some amazing new pieces being developed by the 3rd party peeps out there that Hasbro could only dream of making.

First up is iGears latest offering PP04...

Bumblebee:

Glad to see the classic Beetle shape back in effect & this leads nicely into getting Cliffjumper...which by all accounts will be happening & will be re-shelled so he is a Porsche 924 like the G1 original

Then iGear have also released pics & pre-order details for some more greatness in the form of...

Ratchet:

Ironhide:

Huffer:

Seaspray:

Pretty good prices for these as well.
                    Ratchet & Ironhide are looking like being about ?70 each but the Minibots are seriously good value at about ?10 each.

Now the 2 biggies...Not sure who's putting these out yet but I literally nearly exploded when I saw them...

SOUNDWAVE!!!!!!!!

Lastly Blaster...

I really can't wait for more details on these 2 I will be picking them up as soon as I possibly can.
                    Scale wise he looks ok next to MP Starscream so should fit in well with the rest of the MP line.

Ratchet & Ironhide are little larger then G1 Prime & the minibots just around the WST size so against the G1 figures will be perfect fits.

Good times for TF collectors if you avoid the current Hasbro stuff.

Neil

Comment

I'd definitely be up for the G1 style Transformers stuff, easily the best incarnations

Comment

Would've liked Soundwave painted tbh but thats the best version I've ever seen of him as a toy.

Comment

Oh man, those Batman Play Arts are coming home baby!

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                            Would've liked Soundwave painted tbh but thats the best version I've ever seen of him as a toy.
                            Yeah would be nice to see him coloured but being a work in progress I'm just happy as a pig in **** that they are even making him.

I'm all over that figure as soon as I can.

Just pre-ordering the minibots at the moment.
                            I've always loved Huffer so he's a no brainer but Seaspray was never a big fave of mine but for the price it's almost rude not to buy them both.

Shame Ratchet & Ironhide are a bit more than I want to spend otherwise I'd be getting them too.
                            I might grab them later but will wait & see first.

Neil

Comment

Wow, I asked about Ratchet in this thread, all I want next is Wheeljack.Soundwave is great!!I don't really know about this stuff but there's a dvd on the history of Gundam models which might appeal to some of you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                Not sure if you ever saw this, but here's a tour of the Gundam factory!

There's even a Zaku forklift truck!
                                The Yamato is AWESOME!!

Comment

Working...
                                X