This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
    We were talking about Hot Toy figure prices on the rise and i was shocked to see that the Luke ESB Figure was $300 but did you see that the new Samurai Predator is an eye watering $360 lol, thats insane!

Takeya is well overrated too.
    Yeah I saw the price for the Samurai pred...that's just ludicrous no way he's worth nearly ?240 before shipping.

Luke is on the pricey side at about ?215 delivered (if you look in the right places)
    However when you see what's included he's actually something of a bargain.

There is a huge Display Base piece but the biggest thing is you actually get 2 figures!!!
    You get Normal Luke & "battle Damaged" after his fight with Vader on Cloud City
    So ?215 delivered is pretty good...the average figure is about ?140-?150 & stand alone True Type Body with bland face is about ?70 delivered so you are already saving there without the cost of a 2nd Luke head sculpt & additional outfit.

It's actually Just about Hot Toys best value figure yet.

Neil

Comment

Square are doing Play Arts based on Street Fighter now.

Square Enix's first two Street Fighter IV figures, based on series "heroes" Ryu and Chun-Li, have just hit shelves. Part of the company's Play Arts line, they're big, they're detailed and they're a little on the expensive side.

The knee joints on the Chun-Li one are awful. Surely they could've done a better job than that?

Comment

Both of their faces are horrible..

Comment

Don't think I've seen a single 'Play Arts' figure I like yet. Nice going, Squeenix.

Comment

The older ones are supposed to be better, it's the more recent Play Arts Kai range that suck.

Comment

New pictures of the Mass Effect Liara figure. It's nice enough in itself but not really fitting with the ME series style at all, sometimes series get away with it but I don't think it does here.

Comment

Play Arts Cloud is good:

As is Tifa:

Last edited by Guts; 01-12-2011, 12:44.

Comment

I do generally like the Play Arts stuff, I have FF7 Aeris and Crisis Core Aeris and they're both fantastic. Been tempted to add a Reimi (Star Ocean 4) as well.

I think I prefer the Advent Children version of Tifa though, her original FF7 character design is silly.

But with Chunners, the whole point of her character is her insane legs, and they've made a mess of it.
                  Last edited by Flabio; 01-12-2011, 12:59.

Comment

I think her legs are beefy enough, but I agree that the joints are godawful when bend.

Comment

Another big chunk of Polystone straight from Sideshow dropped through my door about 30 mins ago

Pics later!

Comment

Sideshow have had Black Friday sales on recently so i picked up this Ex version of the Alien Resurrection Statue! It was 20% off which was $53 and shipping via fedex was only $30! I had no idea Sideshow's shipping was so low. Also it was only sent wednesday and arrived today!

Its a stunning statue, amazingly well sculpted and the paints are fantastic!

More pics as usual on the shoddy website.

Comment

Why the hell do the pics get shrunk down so much now?

Comment

Very nice Neo. The colours on the skull is very well done.

Bit of a bargain you have there me thinks!

Comment

Awesome awesome piece Neo.

I did see that SS were doing a black Friday sale but never looked...clearly my loss looking at that amazing price you got that for.

Yeah the shipping is surprisingly cheap from them...think the shipping for my Premium Format is only about $25

Congrats on the new pick up.

Neil

Comment

Thanks guys!

Falconer Maquette is due this month too XD

Can't wait

Comment

Working...
                                X