Best chili pickles / sauces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    Scotch Bonnets are one of my favs, that's a new one to me though.

I got given some of these for Christmas, not tried them and ETC posted the same brand above - what did you think?

I'm not convinced they'll be as hot as claimed.

They are pretty mild but flavourful. I approve not bad at all not as hot as the bottle suggests though

Comment

No, but these are in the general supermarket stores so actually they're probably labelled right for that particular audience. Those more accustomed to the heat would probably disagree.

Comment

Oh also new stuff today from new Chilli Producers Kent Chilli Garden

That chilli powder has scary warnings on it.
        Last edited by MartyG; 28-07-2014, 10:32.

Comment

See?! That's what I mean!

Why would you want to ingest something that says you shouldn't approach it without breathing apparatus, eye protection and gloves?!

Comment

That looks one level away from:-

Still:
            31. Chili Peppers

“Chilis stimulate the metabolism, act as a natural blood thinner, and help release endorphins,” says Petersen. Plus, they’re a great way to add flavor to food without increasing fat or calorie content. Chilis are also rich in beta-carotene, which turns into vitamin A in the blood and fights infections, as well as capsaicin, which inhibits neuropeptides (chemicals that cause inflammation). A recent study in the journal Cancer Research found that hot peppers even have anti-prostate-cancer properties. All this from half a chili pepper (or 1 tablespoon of chili flakes) every day

Source - Mens Health.....so it must be true!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Why would you want to ingest something that says you shouldn't approach it without breathing apparatus, eye protection and gloves?!
              You wouldn't eat it on its own (apart from the odd one or two nutters), you'd use a small bit in a large saucepan of chilli.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                You wouldn't eat it on its own (apart from the odd one or two nutters), you'd use a small bit in a large saucepan of chilli.
                I'll give you a quid if you snort some, MartyG.

Or are you... yellow, Marty McG?

Buck buck buuuuuck.

Comment

I'll give you a quid if you snort some
                  Is this the new neknominate?

Comment

No peer pressure here, however, I am running a comp along with Dartmoor Chilli Farm this weekend so you could be in with a chance to win a great prize https://www.facebook.com/chillifiends - details will be listed tomorrow.

Comment

The competition is up on Chilli Fiends - a great first prize, so if fancy the chance of winning some chilli stuff, make a visit to the site.

Comment

Loads of review stuff arrived - https://plus.google.com/photos/+Mart...89982611755681

Anything you'd want to sample?

Comment

Yum yum Marty, they look nice.

Comment

Got a competition to win some stuff from Bim's Kitchen on the Chilli Fiends website at the mo - if you haven't tried any of these you really should - the Baobab fruit is most unusual and the comp prize is all of the products containing it. Visit the site for entry details.

Comment

Well here is one such nutter

Comment

New set of sauces from The Chilli Alchemist:

Great labels, what's even better is you can get them in these corked bottles for some extra cash

Last edited by MartyG; 28-07-2014, 10:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X