No announcement yet.

Best chili pickles / sauces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QC, I haven't laughed so much at a post in a long time. Know what you mean though. I like to be able to taste my food. Again.

Comment

Absolutely, there will be a mixture of all heat level products on the site. I've got some products incoming from Kent Chilli Garden and not all of them are super hot.

We covered mild sauces on the Chile Foundry too, but most stuff created tends to be in the medium ranges using habs or starting to get hot using Nagas. The drive at the moment seems to be for Trinidad Moruga Scorpion sauces, but I think it's a terrible chilli for sauces.

Comment

Thanks, Chaz!

Let us know when the reviews of the milder stuff is up, Marty.

You know, the sauces without names like "gut rot", "disembowel", "hari-kari", "venom", "assplosion", "splitter" or "eviscerated"...

Comment

chortle

Comment

How about a nice scotch bonnet sauce? fruity, sweet and tasty with a bit of kick.

Comment

Scotch Bonnets are one of my favs, that's a new one to me though.

I got given some of these for Christmas, not tried them and ETC posted the same brand above - what did you think?

I'm not convinced they'll be as hot as claimed.

Last edited by MartyG; 28-07-2014, 10:34.

Comment

Always feel like im missing out as my mouth just can't handle that kind of heat, is it one of those things you are either born with or not or can you actually train to be able to handle the hotter stuff?

Comment

You can definitely build up your tolerance; the key is not going too hot too quickly. Some folks have more receptors though, so they will always feel the chilli heat more that others.
                  Last edited by MartyG; 17-02-2014, 21:40.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    You can definitely build up your tolerance
                    Does the same apply for Eurovision music, MartyG?

Comment

If QC made a sauce, he'd have to call it Sphincter Splitter.

Comment

Or maybe QualityChimpotle sauce

Comment

Old Pa Chimp's Grinner Blaster.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            Or maybe QualityChimpotle sauce
                            That sounds delicious!

Comment

This guy does some of the best ribs in London. Now renowned for his famous sauces: http://www.theribman.co.uk/hot-sauce.php

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                Thanks, Chaz!

Let us know when the reviews of the milder stuff is up, Marty.

You know, the sauces without names like "gut rot", "disembowel", "hari-kari", "venom", "assplosion", "splitter" or "eviscerated"...
                                Darth Naga has reviewed a mild one - it sounds hot when it's called Widow's Tipple but just a 3/10 on heat: http://www.chillifiends.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X