No announcement yet.

Recommended graphic novels / comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Cmm - Too much, lol. I wanted a 1st print (they got up to a 5th print on issue 1), and a graded copy. There's a 9.6 grade for ?59 on ebay, but the p&p is horrific (?33!!).

@ garrz32 - I must admit I have never read any Hellblazer, so jumping on board the new series seems the most logical starting place. I've also have'nt got much knowledge of the character, so I'm going in without any pre conceived ideas on how he should be written.

Comment

Thanks man. I'm back into Invincible at the moment. Love it!

Anyone read the reprinted original Turtles run, in colour?

Comment

Comment

Nice get on the Killing Joke Grover, looks sweet.

Todays new pick ups from my LCS...

I finally read all of Death of the Family this week & I really enjoyed it, ending was a little week but the whole story was really well written & the way it all weaved together was great.

Onto Rise of the Third army now

Neil

Comment

Nice picks there neil, hows wrath of the first lantern

Comment

Similar to Neil above, Saturday is the usual pick up day for my regulars.

Top right is Judge Dreed Year One. It's about his time when he first became a judge. Not sure if it's ongoing or a mini. As for Nova, I'll be cancelling it as I'm not enjoying it at all. Issue 4 of the New Avengers is a first for me as I prefer the regular cover over the variant edition. Saved myself a bit of money if nothing else!

Some filler issues.

Couple of old first issues/appearances for a couple of quid each.

Bought for the front cover alone, which I must say, brings a smile to my face thanks to its craziness. Some slabbed high grade copy's are going for quite a price. I bought this for ?3. Bargain.

D-list Character alert! The mylar bag gives the cover a bit more shine than what it actually has, but the comic is still in a very nice condition.

Comment

lol devil dinosaur not seen it a long time. I've got the trade its a fun and good read. Looks like i'll be going to get my standing order tomorrow

Comment

My latest delivery from LCS.

loving the Thief of Thieves story.

And one for my Spidey Collection...First Black Costume appearance. In N/M condition

Excuse the photo quality,taken with phone

Comment

Garrz - what are you thoughts on Constantine?

It's my first read of this character, so I don't know if they have changed him much.

Must admit that I did enjoy reading it, and a bit surprised what happened to his friend, tho' I'm led to believe that's par for the course in his stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                      Garrz - what are you thoughts on Constantine?

It's my first read of this character, so I don't know if they have changed him much.

Must admit that I did enjoy reading it, and a bit surprised what happened to his friend, tho' I'm led to believe that's par for the course in his stories.
                      Grov..I thought it was quite good,not the big bang I had hoped for but certainly not a whimper.

Yep he's quite the ba74ard really,I haven't read Hellblazer for years mate,but what i do remember he makes more enemies than friends and tends to shaft his friends for his own gain.

If you get the chance, pick up " Dangerous Habits " run issue 41 -46 of Hellblazer.

Comment

Just ordered Irredeemable Ant-Man volume 1 and Ant-Man Season 1. Are there any other Ant-Man books i should be checking out?

Comment

Most of my comic reading is done digitally these days, but I do have something to post here... have just completed this collection:

I got the collected comics 1 and 3 in the post the other day, the secret wars issues (Zoids vol.1) have taken me a bit over a year to get, and the rest is here:

(Zoids vol.2 issues 1-51)

That's the whole lot. When I was a kid I had the complete set of vol.2, but I swapped them all for a Mars Bar when I was 12 years old. That's been burning away at me for the last 23 years, so I'm happy to have finally got them all back again. Cost me a lot more than the price of a Mars Bar though, even allowing for inflation.

Comment

^ Dude. Glad to see you are back. Miss seeing your Zoid pick-ups. Get over to the Mecha thread and put up some pics of your pieces!

Comment

AWESOME!!! Those Zoids comics are amazing. I had them back in the day (long gone now) and I am so jealous seeing them again here. Really nice purchases. Enjoy!

Comment

I found this when I was at my parents' house yesterday. It's an original page from issue 20 of the UK Transformers copy signed by the artist, Mike Collins!

It's the actual artwork and you can see where the speech bubbles are stuck on.

Comment

Working...
                                X