No announcement yet.

Recommended graphic novels / comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is fantastic! Who is that? Gears? Windcharger? My memory for old Transformers has long faded.

Comment

Yes, it's Windcharger! Good eyes!

He works together with Ravage when the Ark's defense system, Auntie, defends itself from Decepticon and Autobot alike!

Comment

Excellent. I have very fond memories of the old UK Transformers comic.

Comment

Nice QC, colour me very jealous.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Excellent. I have very fond memories of the old UK Transformers comic.
          So do I obviously lol

I have a pretty huge collection still but my prize ones are these 2...

Had them signed by Simon Furman, Lee Sullivan & Andy Wildman

Also have a still sealed issue complete with untouched Pannini Sticker Album...

Loving the Zoids stuff as well...used to collect them myself but I got shot of them over the years...same with my MASK & Ring Raiders comics (which I kick myself for to this day...loved them)

Neil

Comment

Lovely. Was that Starscream story the one where Brawn also went crazy and they were both rebelling? I seem to remember that being excellent. Really stuck with me. I really liked Brawn and, like many, he was a bit of a rubbish Transformer originally so it's a testament to their craft that they managed to turn so many into really interesting characters.

That said, I'm totally going on memory here. No idea if I'd feel the same if I read them again. Guess it doesn't hugely matter - I was their target audience and they got it spot-on for me.

Edit: no, actually looking at the number of the comic, I'd say that Starscream one probably isn't the one I'm thinking of. I think that Brawn/Starscream story would have been much earlier.

Comment

Nope that issue was much later than the Brawn/Starscream storyline.

But yeas Simon Furman & the team worked such feats of awesomeness with the comics, they fleshed out so many great characters over the years, the Wreckers became serious favourites of mine thanks to them & the Pretender stuff was pretty great as well...especially since we never saw them in cartoons back in the day so our only real feel for the characters came from their minds.

If you are a fan of Brawn then may I bring to your attention iGears ultimate version of the character in the form of Hench...

Didn't buy him at the time & a bit gutted now as he's getting pricier

Neil

Comment

Nice! Didn't know anything about the iGear stuff. Looks really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Nice! Didn't know anything about the iGear stuff. Looks really good.
                  Yeah the iGear stuff is pretty good.

I actually have their (Not) Seaspray & (Not) Huffer....

They are pretty tidy figures.

Wish I'd got their Ratchet & Iron Hide as well though when they were released as they are awesome but mega pricey now.

Neil

Comment

Well, it just goes to show how good the stories were that, decades after reading them, we still remember them.

I'm pretty sure the Brawn/Starscream traitor storyline was called "The Enemy Within!", also drawn by Mike Collins.
                    He signed for me the three Ladybird books they did and a copy of 2000AD, where he drew Sl?ine.

Neil, I hope you've read the story from the sealed comic as it's a really good one. A criminal finds megatron after a blow to the head makes him a mindless slave. He then goes on a robbing spree with the unusually compliant decepticon leader!

I bemoaned the fact in the Transformers 4 thread that the movies seemed to lack any interesting human characters like the comics had. Oh and at least you could tell the robots apart from each other!

Comment

After finishing the last ever issue of Hellblazer I needed something to fill the void ... so I picked up the first DMZ trade. Loved it so much I picked up the full set on Saturday (there was 20% off all gn's in our local FP with it being Free Comic book Day).

Comment

i loved DMZ alot, been meaning to read hellblazer for years but it will have to wait now as i got my Standing order for my Local Comic shop. On a side note i have alot of fun on saturday with FCBD so much fun

Comment

Which site / shop is it that some of you have referred to, do they do older stuff?

Has anyone considered selling their comics? I have a fair ammount of them from years ago but never sold them as I have an emotional attachment to them, since they remind me of my younger years. I guess selling comics is done by individual issues and the postage etc would make it tricky. Most of mine are in decent condition but as soon as I stopped purchasing them years ago I didn't take as good care of them as I could have.

A lot of the more valuable ones I had were lost in suspicious circumstances. I had a few spares including that print of The Killing Joke. TKJ was a bit too dark, looking back, I think they probably took it too far.

I had the Panini TF album too, all filled in. Not in the best of condition.

Comment

2000AD's Zenith is finally getting a reprint after years of legal limbo. This was an amazing story back in the day and I'm looking forward to getting it again - http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...mplete-zenith/

Comment

I'd like to see 2000 ad give Vector 13 another run. How that never gained momentum is beyond me. Fantastic stories.

Quick question for the Marvel guys, why do they not do many crossovers with apocalypse?

He's the ultimate bad guy!

Surely he could just turn himself massive and crush anyone he went up against?

In one of the old cartoons he throws a boat and a ferris wheel at storm! a bloody ferris wheel!

Comment

Got issue 1 of Jupiters Legacy and i'm looking to get the new Superman Unchained thats out later this month and Batman Zero year.

Do you guys go to your local shop to buy comics or is there a decent place online to order them from?

I have a forbidden planet in stoke-on-trent to get comics from but its a bit of a pain in the ass for me to get to as i dont work in the city.

Comment

Working...
                                X