No announcement yet.

Recommended graphic novels / comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get mine from my LCS, but I'd like to hear if someone can suggest a reliable on line service.

I went to London last weekend and paid a visit to Forbidden Planet. Never seen so many issues of the latest series in one place.

Some of the more desireable titles were stacked about 50/60 issues high.

I could a lot of time and money in there if it wasn't for the wife!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
      I'd like to see 2000 ad give Vector 13 another run. How that never gained momentum is beyond me. Fantastic stories.

Quick question for the Marvel guys, why do they not do many crossovers with apocalypse?

He's the ultimate bad guy!

Surely he could just turn himself massive and crush anyone he went up against?

In one of the old cartoons he throws a boat and a ferris wheel at storm! a bloody ferris wheel!
      I think you just answered your own question.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
        Got issue 1 of Jupiters Legacy and i'm looking to get the new Superman Unchained thats out later this month and Batman Zero year.

Do you guys go to your local shop to buy comics or is there a decent place online to order them from?

I have a forbidden planet in stoke-on-trent to get comics from but its a bit of a pain in the ass for me to get to as i dont work in the city.
        I use my LCS when possible,but due to the nature of my work(am away from home for weeks at end) I have been using these guys,

Great service,,first issues and variants..Can add or remove titles as often as you like.Sure it's slightly more expensive than going into LCS but for me this is perfect for my needs.

Comment

Excellent. Thanks Garrz32, i'll check them out

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
            I think you just answered your own question.
            I said crossovers.

He could go up against loads of different characters like the hulk, Avengers, Silver Surfer and so on and they could create some really cool showdowns.

Comment

Managed to fill a small hole in my Chew collection with some early issues.

I thought there may have been a drop off in the prices for the whole series due to the tentative screen adaptation not proceeding, but that's not been the case. Ho-hum.

Comment

Just watch man of steel and i want some more superman action! Can anyone recommend some graphic novels / story arcs i should be following?

Is the film based on a comic or is it a totally new story?

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
                  Just watch man of steel and i want some more superman action! Can anyone recommend some graphic novels / story arcs i should be following?

Is the film based on a comic or is it a totally new story?
                  I've always been quite partial to Death of Superman, it was a big part of my 90's comic buying life.

As it's my birthday today I got a couple of new GN's including a Superman title that I've been told is up there with the best of them...

Aside from that I think the following should be on your to read list...

Last Son
                  Red Son
                  Braniac
                  All Star Superman
                  Kingdom Come
                  New Krypton

Hopefully there will be something in there for you.

Neil

Comment

thanks mate i'll check them out!

Comment

An addition to Neil's list is Pannini have just launched a Superman comic that you can find In stores such as WH Smiths. I think it's priced something like ?2.99, and contains 2 stories. It's monthly (like the other titles they publish), so it maybe worth a look.

If you can't find a copy, drop me a pm and I'll procure one for you.

Comment

Red Son is a really good read and so is Earth One

Comment

Been a long time since I posted a haul in here but today I picked up some bits from my LCS & happened across this which I'd been recommended so thought I'd give it a try...

Also I did the unthinkable...Cancelled all my Batman titles on my Pull list
                          I'd been threatening to do it for a while but it's just been so terrible lately that it has to go.

Aside from that this was the rest of my pick ups...

Neil

Comment

I got Bat/Supes too Neil. The art inside is really nice. I enjoyed the storyline as well, so a big thumb up from me.

Superman Unchained (Issue 1 has just come out), and that's another comic worth picking up.

As an aisde, Angela appears in issue 5 of GotG so I believe.

Comment

Will have to pick up batman/superman up the next time at the comic shop I love Jae Lee art a lot

Comment

I personally think Superman Birthright is better than Earth One, the ending had me teary eyed. Yes, I know, I'm a big poof.

Comment

Working...
                                X