No announcement yet.

The Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tighten it up. Those things should last for ages unless it's a cheapy.

Comment

I thought so but the bolt is already tight.

It's an fsa headset but the size of the front end on my trek looks to be 1.5 and they've used a reducer to 1 1/8.

I think the front suspension has had a say in it as the coil springs in the suntour shocks are still really hard in only over 11mth use of the bike.

Comment

Is it really the headset? Can you feel it moving with your fingers? If not, it might be suspension bushes.

Comment

New pedals! Daftly light for the pair:

I got some pins to match my bike if it ever arrives:

It has been pointed out that most people spend less than these on their whole bike
          Last edited by charlesr; 08-04-2013, 17:31.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            Is it really the headset? Can you feel it moving with your fingers? If not, it might be suspension bushes.
            I've had a look tonight and it was the headset was loose, could feel play when I locked front brake and rocked bike forward/back.

Unscrewed stem and started all over, tightened it back up.

I can't remember having many issues with my old bike years ago but wear and tear I guess.

Comment

New pedals! Daftly light for the pair:

I got some pins to match my bike if it ever arrives:

It has been pointed out that most people spend less than these on their whole bike
              Your going to fly down the downhill tracks as your light anyway

Are those for your xc bike ?

Comment

Nope, those are for the Remedy. I'd save half a lb over normal pedals by getting these, which is quite a large chunk. I literally could not believe it when the postie handed it over. I thought it was empty.

Magnesium alloy pedal with titanium axles, with ceramic titanium coating.

Comment

Nope, those are for the Remedy. I'd save half a lb over normal pedals by getting these, which is quite a large chunk. I literally could not believe it when the postie handed it over. I thought it was empty.

Magnesium alloy pedal with titanium axles, with ceramic titanium coating.
                  Well you get, what you pay for I suppose, more monies = top end materials.

I can't believe I've had my bike 11mths already.

I'm wondering if its worth spending money on as new front shocks and wheels would be about ?500 and a better canyon hard tail would be about ?895 with reba forks.

Comment

Save up and buy a second bike and then do different things with them. Perhaps replace with rigid forks on your current one and bigger tyres

Comment

I was thinking keep this one and get a full suspension bike.

The frame looks decent on this trek I have and just swap a couple of bits on it to something better ?

Comment

Calling it a day for my old bike. Needs new saddle, forks, brakes, chain, gears.. Everything basically. My fault for neglecting it I guess.

Shall be picking up this on Sunday though: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321112547677

Seems like a nice bike for the money, way better than I've had before. Tired of walking to and from work since Christmas.

Comment

Seems a strange bike for a commute to me, but then again I am an old man.
                          No idea how, but my back wheel is buckled, means a few days without it, typical that as soon as the weather turns nice I am without a bike.

Comment

It's only like 6 miles there and back. And yes, it's not the best choice considering what I'm doing but I'll probably use it for it's actual uses too.

Comment

Strange choice a jump bike to ride to and from work on.

Will you be able to raise the seat up enough to sit on ?

I'm riding to work on my bike today, get train there and ride back along trans Pennine trail about 17mile back.

Comment

Yeah, you guys are right. Think I'll get something with slimmer profile wheels then.

Comment

Working...
                                X