I'm going to be a Daddy!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It always is pal - I cried at both of my children's births

Bu having a 2 year old and a 5 month old is bloody hard work especially since my daughter has learned NO and tries to do what she wants rather than why we want her to do

We are in Newcastle for the weekend visiting relatives and within 5 minutes of being In The hotel room she had Andrex puppied herself, tried to put her finger in a plug socket and tried to dive off the bed head first

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
      Been for a 4D scan and she looks beautiful. I just know the moment she arrives with be the best of my life!

Comment

Congrats Mark.

My baby girl is due in less than four weeks and I'm so excited! The past eight months have flown by, much quicker than I could have imagined.

Been for a 4D scan and she looks beautiful. I just know the moment she arrives with be the best of my life!
        Blimey man that's flown by.

Make the most of the last month...it's the last free time & sleep you'll have lol

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
        It always is pal - I cried at both of my children's births

Bu having a 2 year old and a 5 month old is bloody hard work especially since my daughter has learned NO and tries to do what she wants rather than why we want her to do

We are in Newcastle for the weekend visiting relatives and within 5 minutes of being In The hotel room she had Andrex puppied herself, tried to put her finger in a plug socket and tried to dive off the bed head first
        Now I was the opposite actually & didn't really get that emotional at the birth.
        However about 2 weeks after Chloe was here I just stood by her moses basket watching her sleep & the it hit me & I just started blubbing for no real reason at all.

Enjoy every second though & take all the pics & vids you can it's just so great looking back at the little changes & sometimes you stumble across old stuff that just makes you smile every time you see it.

Neil

Comment

Well, she's here and she's.... Perfect in every single way.

She emerged at 10:02 this morning, weighing just over 7lb6oz. I'll admit that I did shed a tear - you'd have to have no soul not to.

Because my other half had a caesarian, she was given to me as soon as she was weighed and she was screaming. As soon as I held her in my arms, she stopped and was good as gold. What I felt at that moment is impossible to describe.

My only regret is that I can't stay in the hospital overnight.

What makes her even more special is that we donated her umbilical cord blood. Usually they only get enough blood for a couple of tests, but my baby managed to donate not only enough for tests, but also enough for a transfusion if the blood contains enough stem cells. Incredibly, she could save someones life through something that was donated moments into her life. Anyone having children should donate.

All I have left to say is today was the best day of my life, one I'll never forget.

Comment

Commiserations.

Comment

What makes her even more special is that we donated her umbilical cord blood. Usually they only get enough blood for a couple of tests, but my baby managed to donate not only enough for tests, but also enough for a transfusion if the blood contains enough stem cells. Incredibly, she could save someones life through something that was donated moments into her life. Anyone having children should donate.

All I have left to say is today was the best day of my life, one I'll never forget.
              Congrats pal

We did with Isaac, but that as only because he had some complications (shoulder dystocia)

Given the option I would have kept him connected until just before the placenta starts to die

The oxygen rich blood is so good for your own child that they deserve the best start

Call me selfish and all that

Comment

Congrats buddy.

It is an amazing moment isn't it?

Make the most of every second & enjoy it, it absolutely flies by.
                Chloe is 11 months old next weekend & it's been an absolute blast but a total blur as well.

Now get some much needed rest tonight & make sure you're back there bright & early

Enjoy & congrats again

Neil

Comment

Congratulations, mate!

The first six (sleep-deprived) months can be tough, but it gets easier and they get more awesome as time goes on.

Now, go change that nappy!

Comment

Congratulations, best wishes to mum and the new addition!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                      Commiserations.
                      For what reason? Being a parent is the most amazing feeling ever.

Comment

Nice one Andy. Very tough first year but when she sings happy birthday to you it will make you weep again.

Comment

For what reason? Being a parent is the most amazing feeling ever.
                          Did seem like a strange comment to be fair.

Anywho how's it today buddy?
                          Hope the missus is doing better after the C-Section?

Katie was pretty bad for a couple of days after hers & getting her up & down the stairs at the flats was pretty difficult when she was discharged.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            Did seem like a strange comment to be fair.

Anywho how's it today buddy?
                            Hope the missus is doing better after the C-Section?

Katie was pretty bad for a couple of days after hers & getting her up & down the stairs at the flats was pretty difficult when she was discharged.

Neil
                            Zoe's doing well mate. So well in fact, they should both be coming home tomorrow.

Just having a breather at the moment as my mum is with them so I'm getting some fresh air.

Baby is doing fine, sleeping lots! She's well behaved as well, so that's a plus. She had her first wash this morning which she didn't enjoy, but it tired her out and she slept for a couple of hours until nappy change and feed.

Every day is like a new adventure!

Comment

Congrats Andy, greatest feeling ever holding your baby the first time, I cried like a big girl.
                              You'll soon get into a routine at home, hopefully not many sleepless nights

Comment

Zoe's doing well mate. So well in fact, they should both be coming home tomorrow.

Just having a breather at the moment as my mum is with them so I'm getting some fresh air.

Baby is doing fine, sleeping lots! She's well behaved as well, so that's a plus. She had her first wash this morning which she didn't enjoy, but it tired her out and she slept for a couple of hours until nappy change and feed.

Every day is like a new adventure!
                                Excellent glad to gear it.
                                They kept Katie in longer than normal because she couldn't get Chloe to take to the Breast Feeding lark so took extra time to get them settled but it gave me some nice time to get settled at home before they came in.

Glad baby is doing well too.
                                Lol yeah they do sleep for a lot of the time the first few days but they soon start staying awake more.

There's plenty more new adventures to come as well

Comment

Working...
                                X