Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valentine?s Day ? What have you got planned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentine?s Day ? What have you got planned?

On previous Valentine?s days, I?ve only given out cards or gone to restaurants mainly because I was younger and not really in serious relationships. All that has changed since I meet my girlfriend last year so I wanted to do something special for her and have hatched a plan!

My girlfriend is working 2pm ? 8pm tomorrow and has Wednesday off, so I?m going to surprise her at work tomorrow with a bunch of flowers which I?ve spent ages deciding on. I?ll then pick her up at 8pm and have only told her to bring an overnight bag. I?ve checked us into a 4 Star Hotel for the night, staying in a deluxe room and have booked us dinner at a posh Restaurant.

The morning after, we?ll have a great breakfast and then onto the Hotel Spa for a couples massage and a few hours in the swimming pool and steam room. Everything is booked and paid for so nothing should go wrong?

Whether it?s a simple card for someone who does not know who you are, a few days away at a country house, take away and box of chocolates or you?ve decided to abscond from the commercial and cynical operation, It?s a chance to tell someone or remind your partner why you love them. What have you got planned?

Nothing much for the Skull household. I have got a card for the wife, and we are going out for lunch on Saturday with our daughter. We decided a few years ago never to go out on Valentines Day again after booked a table at our then favorite resaurant, and when we turned up there was a reduced menu on with inflated prices and lesser service. Lesson learned.

Comment

Stuff all.

Me & the missus both think it's a total con.
      I don't need one day of the year to tell her how much I love her...she knows that already & I tell her often enough.

Neither of us are doing cards or gifts.
      I've never ever bought a woman flowers or taken them for dinner on Valentines day...both go up so much in price it's just ridiculous.
      I'd do it a day later & get them at normal cost & it's no different I was still treating them I just didn't do it on the day that the card & flower companies dreamed up to exploit people.

Valentines Day?? Bah Humbug!

Neil
      Last edited by Soundwave; 13-02-2012, 11:26.

Comment

Nothing major, it's a full on work day and money's tight due to the impending move. We've gotten each other cards and she's bought me a second office chair for the soon to be games room. I've got the 'old classic' bouquet of roses being delivered for her. It's cliched but she's never had that so it'll work well for her

Comment

The same thing I do every night, cry myself to sleep alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
            Stuff all.

I don't need one day of the year to tell her how much I love her...she knows that already & I tell her often enough.

I've never ever bought a woman flowers or taken them for dinner on Valentines day...both go up so much in price it's just ridiculous.
            I'd do it a day later & get them at normal cost & it's no different I was still treating them I just didn't do it on the day that the card & flower companies dreamed up to exploit people.

Neil
            Neil, you make my heart melt.

I agree with our views though.

Comment

Miss Chopemon and I are going to take a wander round London and find a new Japanese restaurant to try.

I am sending cupcakes to her work tomorrow and I have made her a Valentines card based around a Professor Layton matchstick puzzle.

I was thinking about doing something bigger to spoil her but we've decided that we'd like our anniversary to be bigger and do something nice for that.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Neil, you make my heart melt.

I agree with our views though.
                Lol I'm glad I can have that effect on you too...nice to know my charms aren't just wasted on the laydeeez

Glad someone else agrees though...I keep checking the thread & I suddenly appear like a heartless bugger

Neil

Comment

We don't normally do anything either but I'm making a cake, nothing special just a Japanese supermarket packet job the mother-in-law sent over in a food parcel.

Comment

My missus got mugged last night and the basts made off with her iPod! So have bought her a new one and a "funny" Valentine's card. She's not into the whole flowers and chocolates thing, luckily enough.

Tomorrow night we're off to East London to do a Jack the Ripper guided walk, hopefully after it'll be dinner in the pub then back home for some sleazy fun between the sheets! Best part of Valentine's day really!

Comment

Nothing as my girlfriend is working.

I bought her some roses though, some Disney couture ring and a card. We're gonna be doing something on the 15th instead. Probably Orange Wednesdays to see The Muppets I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                        The same thing I do every night, cry myself to sleep alone.
                        Yeah me to.

Comment

Not a lot here. I also think it is a load of **** but my wife seems to like it a bit. Our big anniversary is this month, 29th in fact and that had far more importance as it is the first we can celebrate on the actual day.

Pity we have no money!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
                            Yeah me to.
                            Me three.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                              Stuff all.

Neil
                              Me and Mrs Widegoat are exactly the same. There are some practical things about Valentine's day that are great that we take advantage of though. Because almost every other couple are in a Spa / Restaurant / absurdly expensive hotel, we take the opportunity to things that are normally made better / easier because of that lack of people.

Shops tend to be emptier than usual, and our local fish and chip shop is empty on Valentine's day. So its a quick whip around the shops followed by takeaway, if we can be bothered. Very romantic.

I say that - but actually we've just moved to Switzerland, so this year we'll have to find where the masses go and do the opposite here.

Happy Valentine's day to all!

Comment

Working...
                              X