No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick fix diets will never be recommended from me. It's all about making a positive lifestyle change, and if you don't learn about what you're putting into your body, you won't be able to make that change. As soon as the diet stops, even if you maintain your current gym routine the weight will increase gradually if you revert to your previous diet plan.

It's a longer process, but sets you up much more for a positive lifestyle change, and a healthy future.

I edited my post earlier and you've quoted the unedited one- but have a look at what I added about cooking/diet. It was such a massive influence that it really can't be ignored or fixed quickly imo.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
      Quick fix diets will never be recommended from me. It's all about making a positive lifestyle change, and if you don't learn about what you're putting into your body, you won't be able to make that change. As soon as the diet stops, even if you maintain your current gym routine the weight will increase gradually if you revert to your previous diet plan.

It's a longer process, but sets you up much more for a positive lifestyle change, and a healthy future.
      Fair enough, would you be able to give me a run down of your daily food diary?

Truth be known, I'm alright during the day but at night I over eat massively...

Comment

Breakfast - around 30-40g of Fruit and Fibre cereal

Mid morning snack- piece of fruit

Lunch- fresh made salad (no pre bought ones) with home made vinegarette. A banana.

If I'm gymming that day I'll take my shaker of protein after the workout.

Dinner - grilled Salmon/Chicken, salad/veg, small jacket potato.

Supper if im hungry, a bowl of cereal.

You could argue there's not enough carbs in that diet, but it's served me well- and I never feel hungry. There's a very little amount of fat/saturated fats in there, and the fruit and fibre tends to give most of what I need per day. And my daily sugar allowance is mostly natural sugars from the 2-3 pieces of fruit a day. The rest is made up from the odd coffee of tea with one sugar

A big thing for me was the introduction of te traffic lights on food products- you can easily identify really bad things that way. For instance, one HALF of a frozen pizza generally has 70% of your saturated fats inside. Not even thinking about the salts and fats. When you come to that realisation, I find it makes you rethink what you're buying. The hardest part can sometimes be the cost- fresh fish/chicken/meat can be expensive- but the gains are worth it - for me at least.

Im certainly no expert and I can only speak from experience, but it's what's worked for me I'll post the pictures up later- they're mental!
        Last edited by MrKirov; 22-04-2015, 13:49.

Comment

Awesome, I guess that sounds really boring for me - that's the issue really. But I know I need to find the motivation for it.

Comment

Great stories and advice.

I know a few people who do Paleo style diets, but for them it's a lifestyle, not a short term solution.

Was in the gym on the 55th floor this morning before sunrise (5:30). Did a boring treadmill run and watched the sun come up over Singapore. While it was dark, I could see my form in the reflection in the window... Scoliosis and my head leans to one side Weird. I tried bringing it all into line, but it felt so wrong

Comment

Well you can make things nicer when it comes to your lunch and dinner. Heavily spice the Salmon or the Chicken, add different things to your salad each week- that kind of thing. An interest in cooking helps - a tin of chick peas can do so much for example , curries, falafels... you can eat both well and healthily.

Comment

Pic from the window here: http://app.strava.com/activities/290104452

Comment

8km in 32 minutes! Nice! Takes me 20 for 4km

Comment

It's all relative. Only compare to yourself yesterday.

I was taking it easy because I've had a few intense workouts recently. Flat out, I'm 10k in 35 minutes and expect to be a lot quicker than that soon

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                      So I've been training 6 times a week, but because I still eat poorly I'm not losing much weight...

Thinking about the Paleo Diet to see if I can get a kick start...

Anyone tried it??
                      Yep, I lost over 30kg on it. It works but I woud advise you probably start on a primal diet. I can pm you some sites and pointers on it if you like

Comment

Breakfast - around 30-40g of Fruit and Fibre cereal

Mid morning snack- piece of fruit

Lunch- fresh made salad (no pre bought ones) with home made vinegarette. A banana.

If I'm gymming that day I'll take my shaker of protein after the workout.

Dinner - grilled Salmon/Chicken, salad/veg, small jacket potato.

Supper if im hungry, a bowl of cereal.

You could argue there's not enough carbs in that diet, but it's served me well- and I never feel hungry. There's a very little amount of fat/saturated fats in there, and the fruit and fibre tends to give most of what I need per day. And my daily sugar allowance is mostly natural sugars from the 2-3 pieces of fruit a day. The rest is made up from the odd coffee of tea with one sugar

A big thing for me was the introduction of te traffic lights on food products- you can easily identify really bad things that way. For instance, one HALF of a frozen pizza generally has 70% of your saturated fats inside. Not even thinking about the salts and fats. When you come to that realisation, I find it makes you rethink what you're buying. The hardest part can sometimes be the cost- fresh fish/chicken/meat can be expensive- but the gains are worth it - for me at least.

Im certainly no expert and I can only speak from experience, but it's what's worked for me I'll post the pictures up later- they're mental!
                        Doesnt fruit and fibre have an absolute ton of sugar in it?

Comment

30g has around 20+ percent of your daily sugars. I tend not to have much sugar so get my daily allowance from the cereal plus the fruit. It's only from the dried fruit anyway, so it's still natural sugars and easier to break down. Plus, who doesn't want to be regular AMIRITE.

Comment

30g has around 20+ percent of your daily sugars. I tend not to have much sugar so get my daily allowance from the cereal plus the fruit. It's only from the dried fruit anyway, so it's still natural sugars and easier to break down. Plus, who doesn't want to be regular AMIRITE.
                            You not wrong there I thought they added extra for some reason. I tend to have half and avocado with salt and honey and a couple of boiled eggs on a morning or some asparagus wrapped in Parma ham and roasted for 10 (eats good cold). This mornings was good had 2 ryvita dark rye with almond butter, banana and honey
                            Last edited by ETC; 22-04-2015, 19:01.

Comment

Well that's a bit too froofy for me to eat in the morning at my desk in work unfortunately! I tried to eat a boiled egg once and everyone went mental

Comment

Wings For Life World Run next Sunday. Redbull invited me to stay over at Silverstone the night before. Will be chased by David Coulthard!

Will do around a marathon, maybe a bit more

Comment

Working...
                                X