No announcement yet.

The new Sean Bean (random banter) thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in Santa Cruz at the moment, can't find anything to do with the Lost Boys at all. I am gutted.
    Last edited by Kieran76; 19-08-2013, 03:20.

Comment

That's because in the film it's called Santa Clara as they didn't want to be known as "the murder capital of the United States", fact fans!

The boardwalk is still excellent, even if there's no muscled saxophonist!

They're a bit prouder of their surfing history.

Do your own tour!
      The Lost Boys Filming Locations. Part of 8 pages of info for the 1987 movie from the award winning '80s Movies Rewind.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 19-08-2013, 06:11.

Comment

Cheers for all that info. My hotel is right on the beach next to the pier. Leaving later today, but will still have time to check out a few spots.

Comment

Maiko is in hospital. Hopefully not too serious but she is very gaunt and needs fluids.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
            Cheers for all that info. My hotel is right on the beach next to the pier. Leaving later today, but will still have time to check out a few spots.
            I was only in SC for a few hours, but really liked it. There was an amazing MAME cabinet in one of the boardwalk arcades that blew my socks off.

Plus, I'm pretty sure it's the law that you have to ride The Giant Dipper if you're there!

We drove down the Route 1 coastal road all the way back to Venice Beach stopping off at Carmel and Pismo Beach. Good times.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 19-08-2013, 15:24.

Comment

God the thrills were ****.

Comment

I came the other way from Santa Barbara, off back to San Fran today, this is the last day of our three week holiday. It has been incredible, drove 3000 miles in a huge round trip. Been to San Fran, Sequioa, Yosemite, Mammoth Lakes, Death Valley, Vegas, Zion, Bryce, Grand Canyon, a ranch in the desert in the middle of Arizona and then this last leg.

Comment

Ahhh, sounds ace.

We should have a holiday thread!
                  I'd love to see a selection of snaps and what you thought of each stop.

Did you see a bear in the end?

How much are you down after Vegas?

I've been playing Driver: San Francisco this week, so I've been there in virtual form...

Comment

Will post pics when I get home, to be honest I didn't rate vegas. Best bit there was the Pinball Hall of Fame. I love Guns 'N' Roses pinball.

EDIT - Yes, I did see a bear, two in fact.
                    Last edited by Kieran76; 19-08-2013, 16:32.

Comment

Maiko is in bad shape. Her kidneys are not working right. This is my worst nightmare coming true.

Comment

What's happening, Nak?

She staying in for tests?

Sorry to hear she's not well.

Comment

Thoughts with you nakamura!

Comment

She is connected to various machines. Seem to be monitoring her kidneys and crazy low blood pressure. Will be in for a bit. Several days at least perhaps.

Comment

Has this come on pretty quickly?

Comment

From a simple bug yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X