No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on the lenses - if they're designed for APS-C they'll vignette on full frame.

Comment

Just a follow up on SLRHut. My camera didn't arrive in the specified time so I phoned them and they were very apologetic but that it hadn't shipped yet and had somehow got caught up in their system. They offered to send it express air courier free of charge, but in the end I went for a refund for various reasons, which they actioned straight away. Great people to talk to on the phone - very helpful and friendly. Just a shame they didn't actually come through with the goods, because it was way cheaper than anywhere over here.

I've ordered it from WEX, supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        So with the full frame cameras is it a whole set of new lenses for them? I've been a bit confused by this.
        It depends on the lens, Canon have 2 difference mounts

EF-S which is for the smaller/cheaper APS-C sensors, the lens actually sticks out a little and sits almost inside the body when it is attached. They designed it this way so that they could make the bodies and lenses smaller and lighter.

The Canon EF lenses are slightly different and the lens doesn't have the bit that sticks out so that it is slightly further away from the sensor when it is attached

The EF lenses will work on both Body types. On an APS-C Body such as the 650d because the lens sits further from the sensor it changes it's effective power meaning that it actually behaves the same as an 80mm EF-S lens would do on that camera.

I believe it's not as restrictive with Nikon as you can use the cheaper DX lenses on an FX body but as Marty says, you can get vignetting or soft corners. I think some Nikon camera bodies will detect the lens designed for a smaller sensor and will automatically crop the image down to replicate the smaller sensor of the camera it was designed for, but ultimately you end up losing resolution if you do this.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post

I've ordered it from WEX, supposed to arrive tomorrow.
          What have you ordered?

Comment

GFX I think. With the collapsable 14-42mm.

Comment

Boom! A few more here

IMG_1663.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_1652.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_1632.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_1624.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_1575.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_1530.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_1512.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                GFX I think. With the collapsable 14-42mm.
                GX1 with X lens

Comment

Ah, I knew it had an X in it

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    Boom! A few more here
                    Are you on the way to the center of the earth with James Mason and Gertrude the goose?

Comment

No. I'm with Brendan Fraser and the Boy from the hunger games

Comment

Wow. Wexphotographic. Ordered last night at 6.15pm. Arrived this morning at 9am (I paid ?5 for next day delivery)

Comment

Enjoy. Love m4/3rds cameras :-)

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            No. I'm with Brendan Fraser and the Boy from the hunger games
                            Oh dear, as its that version your a goner im afraid boris, ill plant a little ntsc flag (sorry boarders down), next time im there .

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              Wow. Wexphotographic. Ordered last night at 6.15pm. Arrived this morning at 9am (I paid ?5 for next day delivery)
                              Yes they're very good - ordered a fair few things from there and it always arrives fast - good customer service makes a change

Have fun with it.

Comment

So far the best feature is the "aim the built in flash at the ceiling". Gets rid of that dark circle around the edges and makes everything look normal.

I'll be hassling you all about f-stops and other manual features soon. So far just pressing everything in auto mode.
                                Last edited by charlesr; 10-04-2013, 17:39.

Comment

Working...
                                X