No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some stellar shots in this thread recently, a real mix of locations and styles.

Here are a few recent ones I took of an Easter procession in Sevilla:

IMG_0497 by nmdorrington, on Flickr

IMG_0515 by nmdorrington, on Flickr

IMG_0518 by nmdorrington, on Flickr

IMG_0522_BWCROP by nmdorrington, on Flickr

I intend to go back to this street, probably this weekend, to try some more pictures of the Viapol building seen in the background of the second photo down. Really like the colour and texture of the building, especially against a blue sky

Comment

Nothing wrong with using a Camera Phone kryss, they've become as good as compacts now - yes you'll get better quality from a DSLR, but it's still all about composition for the most part. If I think about it, I probably take far more photos with my phone than I do my SLRs unless I'm purposely out on a trip. So don't apologise

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        Nothing wrong with using a Camera Phone kryss, they've become as good as compacts now - yes you'll get better quality from a DSLR, but it's still all about composition for the most part. If I think about it, I probably take far more photos with my phone than I do my SLRs unless I'm purposely out on a trip. So don't apologise
        I honestly think the iphone 4s an 5 take some great shots, get good light and good composition and like you said you can get some great pictures. Obviously if you ever want to print them or do product shots then not so good. Give it 4 years and i dont think small compacts will exist outside phones.

Im getting the hang of the d7000 now, im getting used to how it wants to take pictures and now how i expect it too, plus the focusing issue has gone thankfully, onwards and upwards :-).

Comment

Some really good pictures recently from Edge, Yakumo, Boris, Fishbowl and anyone else I've missed.

Comment

in Reykjavik right now and am having a flick through this afternoon's photos. Glorious weather which is a fantastic start to the afternoon

IMG_0885.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0890.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0887.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Comment

Is that videy island boris?

edit. also i may be a tad jealous

Comment

Nay, this was between Keflavik and Reykjavik on the bus, if you goto flickr it will show you exactly where it was taken thanks to my the 6D's built in GPS

Comment

Built in gps nice. If you havent done Skaftafell before its a must see, im betting you'll be able to get some stunning sunrise and sun set shots over the glaciers with the 6d .

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    6D's built in GPS
                    I've had a brief look at the GPS on my 6D, it's been handy for a photo walk I tried it on. The built in wifi and phone app are a feature I like a lot.

Comment

I didn't even know it did the App stuff until after I get it. I'm hoping I can get some use from it as a remote trigger and to control my camera on it's tripod from the warmth of my log cabin.
                      Last edited by EvilBoris; 05-04-2013, 18:49.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        I didn't even know it did the App stuff until after I get it. I'm hoping I can get some use from it as a remote trigger and to control my camera on it's tripod from the warmth of my log cabin
                        I may be lying but im sure i read somewhere you can use an iphone as a direct remote with a live view on it, dont quote me on that but its worth double checking.

Comment

You can indeed, useful for all manner of stealth style photos. You can even touch focus on it

Comment

It's quite a nice feature to have. I've had a test with it, however the birds weren't playing ball with the feeder so not got any results yet

Comment

More incoming! I'm quite enjoying having my laptop with me on Holiday!

IMG_1014.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_1033.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_1037.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_1064.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

The Lonely Mountain by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_1074.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Comment

Psspsspsspsspsspss!

Comment

Working...
                                X