No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some great shots Boris, I see you got up to geyser, did you do the golden circle?

I've got a great stop motion/burst mode, of the big geyser I should upload sometime.

Comment

I think we did a bit of it, we went to Thingvellier which is near where we are staying , then Geysir and Gullfoss.

We went Snorkelling in Thingvellir lake today, but noticed the hire car had a puncture and we've lost the rest of the day as being a 98% Christian country, nowhere opens on Sunday

Comment

Ah sorry to hear that Boris, flat tyre is never good, on the plus side out there at least they have some common sense and have all there petrol stations with card machines on them so they are available 24hrs a day, very handy when you run out of petrol at 2am.

A couple from the weekend out and about.

can't read? by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

bonsai2 by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

Got a few of the wedding cake my mum finished at the weekend to put up too.

Comment

beehive1 by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

beehive2 by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

Comment

The bees return! I like the Bonsai one
            Car got fixed this morning, here are a few more on our way to Akureyri in Northern Iceland

The Thing by EvilBoris, on Flickr

The Beast by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_1381.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Comment

Are you sure you didn't take the car one out of a volkswagen catalogue :P, was it taken at a wide angle?

Comment

yeah it was, it was at the widest end of my 24-105mm but I was quite close to the car which is why it's all bulging out.

Here is another photo where I stood a few feet further back still at 24mm, it's surprising just how much difference it made to the geometry!

[IMG] IMG_1400.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr[/IMG]

Comment

The first pic definitely works better

Comment

Its funny how a few feet can change a photo completely, as that has shown. I really wanted the 18-200mm for my d7000 as I find a wide angle quite fun sometimes but had to settle for the standard 55-200 due to the price, one day though.

Comment

If you want to have real fun you need the 10-20/22mm stuff on the wide. With the crop factor on an APS-C it doesn't make 18mm that wide.

My most used lens is the Sigma 17-70mm which is a great everyday walkabout, but it's definitely not amazingly wide angle. 18-200mm is a very handy range though.

Comment

You boys are all too good. Drove in to some similar scenery earlier in the week to go and price up a job in Snowdonia.

Comment

I use the wide angle end all the time, loads and loads of them ones taken on my 18-200mm were at the 18 end too.

Comment

On full frame 18mm is wide

At some point I will pick one of these up: http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-s...n-fit/p1032429

Comment

my 18-200mm wouldn't fit on the 6D, I was using that lens on my APS-C camera.

Comment

So with the full frame cameras is it a whole set of new lenses for them? I've been a bit confused by this.

Comment

Working...
                                X