No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled of a few tonight while practicing low light shooting. I was after a shot of the moon myself but it was hiding behind the clouds

Night City by Yakum01975, on Flickr

shoes of sorrow 1 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

shoes of sorrow 2 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

all at once, typical by Yakum01975, on Flickr
    Last edited by Yakumo; 29-01-2013, 12:03.

Comment

Like the buses Yakumo

IMG_0637.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0630.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0632.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0622.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0618.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0639-Edit.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Comment

Ah, the good old Liverpool docks. I really like the one of the flats with that hotel in the corner (Can't remember the name but it's near the tunnel exit). Looks like something right out of a 60's movie.

Comment

Really like 618 by Boris and Yakumo's buses shot. Good stuff lads.

Comment

The Photography Thread 2

Good photos Boris. I literally work just down the road from Albert Dock.

Comment

And here is my first attempt at taking a photo of the moon. No post production has been done to his photo apart from cropping.

the moon by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Comment

A few more pictures from this morning.

killer-crow by Yakum01975, on Flickr

pigeon by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Sad Ending 2 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Comment

Good job Yakumo, almost single handedly keeping this thread alive

I'm going to make an effort for the February Amateur Photographer forum comp, the theme is a good one this month and I'd urge all of you to give it a go, because your pics are all in with a chance of a listing ...

• The City Up Close

How many times have we seen close-up images of the natural world? Leaves and trees have had their day. Now it’s time to get out into the city and take a closer look. Something as innocuous as the texture of brick walls and the peeling paint of a bollard can make for fantastic photographs. But don’t just think in macro terms. Even a wide angle and zoom lens can offer great close-up possibilities.

Go *here* to put your pics up (make sure to read the rules).

Comment

I may just enter that contest. Sound like it could be fun.

Comment

Super short on cash I couldn't get the GH2. Have nabbed a GH1 for super cheap though and will hack the arse off it to get the best video out of it that I can. Will post pics once I have something worth posting (probably snowboarding at end of feb).

Comment

A GH1 is still a nice camera but yeah, you really will need to hack the firmware. I have just bought a new lens for my GH2 that will reach 1.8f. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Comment

I have the 14-42, 14mm and a 50mm Canon FD for my kit. Should do the job. Wanted the GH2 but I got the GH1 for ?170 so thought I'd start there. If I want to upgrade then I'll likely get back more than I paid for the GH1.

Comment

well started using my camera a few days ago and ive enrolled in an online course but i havent started it yet

this photos was taken on my GX1 using a 20mm pancake static lens

my daughter just got hit with a snowball and the white is it exploding all around her

Comment

Were you pelting your child with snowballs just so you could take some high speed shots snowballs exploding?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                                Were you pelting your child with snowballs just so you could take some high speed shots snowballs exploding?
                                nope lol

it was a lucky shot i guess, my partners friend threw one snowball at them and thats what i took

Comment

Working...
                                X