The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Photography Thread 2

Madness isn't it? I've seen the output from the k5 at 51200 and you could easily get away with a 6x4 with it in colour. Staggering.

Comment

It's pretty much a tick in the box though, because the number of times you need to shoot in pitch black are tiny. For one thing, given the TTL, you won't be able to see what you're framing without the digital viewfinder. Realistically, how much pitch black do you shoot in?

If we can get a noise free ISO 6400 in a compact camera or phone then it becomes interesting - there will be the lack of ability to control DoF physically, but I'm seeing software getting closer and closer to imitate it.

I will always prefer an SLR due to form, function and quality, but I don't think that really matters to joe public who upload to Facebook at 640x480.

Comment

It's not a case of just shooting in pitch bkack though, it's having the ability to shoot photos in lower light where it would of only been possible with a flash or long exposure, each of which add their own look to an image.
        These improvements in technology are enablers!

Comment

Yep, one of the reasons my upgrade this year is probably the mighty D4, max ISO of 204k+ is for emrgencies only but.. you can still shoot at say 25k+ ISO and it will give very acceptable results taking action shots in dull conditions at a fast speed say 1/8000 and a small aperture.

Comment

Indeed, for me it's the fact that I shoot almost exclusively handheld and it doesn't take much before I end up with blurry shots.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              It's not a case of just shooting in pitch bkack though, it's having the ability to shoot photos in lower light where it would of only been possible with a flash or long exposure, each of which add their own look to an image.
              These improvements in technology are enablers!
              Absolutely, hence: If we can get a noise free ISO 6400 in a compact camera or phone then it becomes interesting - there will be the lack of ability to control DoF physically, but I'm seeing software getting closer and closer to imitate it.

Comment

Speaking of camera technology have you seen that lytro camera?

Comment

I took my new GH2 out for a test today while I had a spare half hour.

First up is a low light test that I took at 3:03am. Outside was pretty much black but this is what the camera could pick up at 400iso

lowlight-test by Yakum01975, on Flickr

A few shots taken from my "quiet time" place I like to go to every now and then to just unwind.

luckyboy-2 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

luckyboy by Yakum01975, on Flickr

mogis by Yakum01975, on Flickr

beautiful sky by Yakum01975, on Flickr

shiningsun by Yakum01975, on Flickr

eagle-3 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

eagle-1 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

eagle-2 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    Speaking of camera technology have you seen that lytro camera?

https://www.lytro.com/camera
                    Interesting, quite pricey at the moment mind.

Comment

Re: The Photography Thread 2

Couple that lytro with video capture, add eye tracking and you can have 3d movies where the viewer can focus on any part of the movie. Cool.

Comment

Blue Eyes by Jamie-Davies, on Flickr

Pale Eyes by Jamie-Davies, on Flickr

Comment

Very cool, The blue eyed one is particularly cool

Comment

Very nice shots. Must have taken ages to find two models who look so similar but have different coloured eyes.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

1 likes, 3 comments - chrisgcox3 on August 31, 2015

not great quality but a pic of the moon

Comment

Working...
                                X