No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers fella. Given that Ideally I want the 14-140mm as well that could be a good option.

Comment

Just as a guide I think I paid 47'000 yen after charges for my 14-140mm. It was complete in box and sold as an used item but as new in quality. The GH2 was also used boxed with all accessories and sold as almost new but it basically looks new. That cost 52'000 yen after all charges. Use www.xe.com to convert yen to pounds. Shipping for the set to t he UK via EMS would be about 6000 yen I'd say with some very good packing.

Comment

That comes to about ?405. If I assume I could get ?50ish for the kit lens then the ?480 Currys deal comes in at ?430. For the sake of ?25 I reckon I should just get the one in Currys. It's been handled (but it still looks new) but not used and will have a warranty still. I think I just talked myself into it

Comment

ok mate, no problem. See if you can get a free battery from them. You don't know how many times the one in the camera has been charged.

Comment

Does anybody know any good places to get official batteries or know of any decent brand of 3rd party Canon battery?

They are like ?70 wherever I look and there is not a chance in hell the ones on ebay are real, I bought a generic one last time but it would literally take about 5% of the shots the official one would

Comment

Re: The Photography Thread 2

Try 7 dayshop mate. I just paid a fiver for a gf3 one that seems to be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Nice impressions Boris, what a lovely piece of kit. Were those night shots taken on a tripod or by hand?
                All handheld, I can't usually be bothered with a tripod unless I'm doing long exposure shots.

Comment

Have you tried Onestop Digital or Digital Rev in HK, both get decent reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                    Have you tried Onestop Digital or Digital Rev in HK, both get decent reviews.
                    Yeah , they are both ?50 though

Comment

I doubt you'll get change out of ?50, spare batteries seem to have increased in price recently.

One I came up with today, a bit different from the stuff I usually do ...

All the stuff I've come home with recently has been mediocre.

Comment

Here are a few I took around the house as I dabble with the new camera

Here is a random snap I took just to test out the low light capabilities (it goes upto something silly like 10280 ISO)

This is how it looked to my eye

and here is what the camera could manage

Comment

very nice low light capabilities. how bad was the noise on the full size image and what setting did you use for the iso? My camera will reach 12800 iso with some pretty good results. Check this out.

Comment

Re: The Photography Thread 2

My recent research has uncovered the Pentax k5. Holy crap. Iso 51000. Fifty one thousand! Plus an environmentally sealed body and a lens to match for under ?600 roughly I think. I'm tempted.

Comment

My D7000 will do ISO 25600 which is impressive, but you wouldn't want to use that with colour, although it can make for interesting B&W stuff. Sensors are getting more and more astonishing, soon we'll have live view in full colour in pitch black

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                very nice low light capabilities. how bad was the noise on the full size image and what setting did you use for the iso? My camera will reach 12800 iso with some pretty good results. Check this out.

That's crazy too!

the top photo of my cat was taken at 10k ISO
                                You can see a larger version in my flickr

As Marty says though, the sensor technology is staggering, not long until they can outperform the human eye.

Comment

Working...
                                X