Here are some IR photos I took today

CRW_0110.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

CRW_0121.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

CRW_0122.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

CRW_0131.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Comment

Second shot is a corker!

Comment

The second one looks like something out of a Chinese Kung fu flick set in the Forrest

Comment

Wonderful shots!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            Second shot is a corker!
            Agreed, incredible.

Comment

Got something new to play with:

Little bit more expensive than ordinary converters, this is a speedbooster - essentially it reduces the crop factor and increases the effective f stop by a stop. Seems to work okay with initial test shots but I'll have a better play later.

Comment

Believe I have heard of those.

Don't some offer like 11 stops? Madness.

Comment

Not sure about that, it's this one here. I'm quite interested in picking up a Sony NEX as the boosters for those effectively make the focal length of the lens 1:1, i.e., no crop factor.

Comment

Not posted here for a while, recent randoms :

Single
                    by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Double

Tumble

Blocks

Comment

Love the top two. Very nice.

Comment

Playing around with a Samsung NX100 with M42 converter and 80-200mm f4.5 lens.

Quite a nice feeling camera in the hand, although the sensors do seems to be a little be noisy.

Comment

I am looking to buy a camera and am unsure if I should go for:-
                          Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ35 - Compact
                          Canon PowerShot SX510 12MP - Bridge Camera
                          Fuji Film S8650 16mp - Bridge Camera

I'll mostly be taking shots of the family and a few picturesque vistas whenever we go out. I am hesitating getting a 12mp camera as if I capture an amazing image of the kids I will want to make it a canvas. Should I be concerned or is that just my lack of photo knowledge?

Comment

I would fret about the resolution, your TV for example is only 2megapixels worth of resolution, so unless you want a canvas like 6 times bigger than that.

The Bridge ones will probably edge on image quality, but the Panasonic is very good and will be appreciably smaller.

Comment

Not so much the megapixel count but the size, density and quality of the sensor. Lens and technique can play a big part too, so like EB says don't worry too much about MP count. All three have 1/2.3" sensors and comparable lenses so I doubt there's much appreciable difference in IQ and if you're not cropping photos it should be okay for A3 prints.

Given you're after something for family snaps and not a DSLR backup the fact they won't snap focus as fast as a DSLR isn't something you'll have expectations of

Comment

Thanks guys. My son (5) likes to try and take photos too and I would like to encourage it, although if I had a pricey DSLR I would start sweating every time he wanted a go. I think I'll plump for the Panny and save some space.

Comment

Working...
                                X