The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I was mowing the lawn and I spotted a fat spider in the middle of his web, with another lanky spider trying to build on it.

I thought "Oi oi, there's going to be trouble here!" as Hefty Hugh felt the vibrations from Lanky Len.

I took a photo and a video of the two of them kicking off.

Comment

Can't see the butterfly in that pic.

Comment

Next time can you put your finger near them so I can get an idea of the scale?

I'm hoping they're quite small and you're just awesomely macroing them.

Comment

You're talking about QC here, those spiders are actually shot with a super wide-angle and are the size of a skyscraper.

Comment

I was walking about 20 minutes just to get them both in frame, but crop out the skyscrapers the Web was on.

Comment

We want to see the spider kick off video! By the way, who won the battle of the Web? Only tell us if you're not going to post the video.

Comment

Anyone have any experience with UV Fixative spray for inkjet prints? I have glossy photo paper. Do I want satin or matte spray?

Comment

Saw this bad boy loitering around the neighbour's porch. I think it had just finished eating a chihuahua...

Comment

Sweet Air by EvilBoris, on Flickr

The watch by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Escape tunnel by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Small Shop, big Skyscraper by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Comment

The Watch is incredible.

I love Small Shop, as well. How did you get it so straight? Is it a particular lens?

Comment

Don't zoom in too much on the Watch, I had to process it to hell to get that look. Especially as it was taken handheld with a multi element zoom lens.

The straightness is using light room's vertical perspective correction, which I really like a lot. That image was pretty straight to start with though.

Moon was big tonight so I thought I'd try my hand at a shot of it
                        incoming generic moon photo

Not quite full moon by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Comment

Bugger I forgot to do the moon shot. We had such a clear sky as well. In Japan they called it the Super Moon They say we won't get another view like this for over 100 more years.

Comment

They've had a couple of "super moons" here in the last couple of years. Can't be that rare :P

Comment

I showed my wife a really good super moon when getting out of the shower last night

Comment

You really should fix that hole in the roof!

Comment

Working...
                                X