No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. I'm going to be doing a lot more of the dark stuff soon.

Also, another fan here of the beans pic.

Comment

Thanks - it's nicely laid out in that coffee shop, I really should go inside one day.

I got the Industar 61 F2.8 52mm M39 Mount Camera Lens today, it's well worn and the focus ring is a touch catchy, but the optics seem nice and clean, it works out at a 104mm on the GF3 but probably the biggest downside is the minimum 1 metre focus distance. Will give it a go tomorrow when I have something other than artificial light.

Edit - pic from the lens and GF3, although I've added a little bit of noise reduction in Lightroom, this is at f/4.

Last edited by MartyG; 14-01-2015, 08:05.

Comment

Flickr's top 25 photos of 2014.

From the hundreds of millions of photos uploaded on Flick in 2014, these 25 are the top images of the year.

Comment

The crazy beard old man pic and the midget are the standouts for me from that list. Some of them unfortunately look more like cg there so heavily photoshopped, but horses for courses I guess.

Comment

There are some nice shots in there and some not so nice.

Spotted a Wren in the garden today, could be sharper though, balancing against noise reduction and I didn't have a raw.

Also ice

Last edited by MartyG; 18-01-2015, 12:31.

Comment

Bit of a glow down the Stamford corridors

Comment

I think perhaps Sony had their QX10 schematics leaked.

It's on Geek Buying too, my Chinese electronic goods site of choice: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/AMKOV...ck-334450.html

They make a GoPro knock off too: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/SJ500...en-332932.html - I have the SJCam SJ4000 which is actually very good; it's my current dashcam.
                Last edited by MartyG; 26-01-2015, 15:29.

Comment

That ice shot is really nice Marty.

Comment

Thanks, I think that was from the Fujifilm XF1 if IRC - edit nope it was the Panasonic G5 with the Nikon mount Sigma 105mm macro via a converter along with a cheap LED ring "flash".

Comment

Nice. I got my daughter the G5 for next to nothing with the kit lens. She likes it a lot.

Comment

It's a nice camera, in fact I think the 14-42mm is probably one of the sharpest standard kit lenses I've used. I was very impressed the first time I used it.

Comment

Yep, stop it down to the f/8 area and it's pretty sweet. Even wide open it's ok in the centre. I've got the 14-140mm on my GH1 most of the time. Nice reach but heavy.

Comment

Am in New York at the moment, currently barricaded into the Hotel awaiting the apocalypse
                            So I'm editing some of the photos I've taken

Here are a few

SAM_0191.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_6378.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Comment

I see you took the IR cam - could be a good photo op with 30 ft of NYC snow.

Comment

Working...
                              X