No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's supposed to be as close as 1cm. I'm not used to the camera so it'll take a little while to get better pictures. My hands shake too much though, so I used a mini tripod for the 2nd and 3rd of these:

(yeah i need new oven trays...)
    Last edited by kryss; 26-04-2015, 02:24.

Comment

Seems like a decent effort on the macro front there. Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        I'm guessing that "macro" mode just opens up the aperture to blow the background out to create a sort of macro effect. Can you get any closer in than that?
        With macro, the closer you get the narrower the depth of field becomes, so the aperture closes down rather than opens up. The smaller sensor helps too as the wider the focal length the more depth you have. So small sensor cameras tend to be quite good at macro, although you have to put the camera very close to the subject usually for best effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Garf View Post
          It doesn't to be a DSLR to have dials !

I seem to have dropped out of photography for some reason, but starting to get the urge again, and buying a new compact to go alongside my D90 - the LX100 has a few dials...
          Looks like a good choice, the LX100 has been getting some decent write-ups. Nice big sensor in it.

Comment

Pics from my trip to Bali and Singapore: https://www.flickr.com/photos/350931...7651839682439/

Forgot how to get the flickr embed code working (or is it broken now?)
            Last edited by charlesr; 29-04-2015, 17:54.

Comment

Still works, just select the BBCode section and copy paste the whole lot.

Breakfast Chairs by MartyPG13, on Flickr

Comment

Upgraded my tripod this week. Have gone all crazy and carbon fibre

Comment

Love that short Marty. Not tempted to fix the pincushion for geometric perfection?

Comment

Comment

^^
                      Nice shot

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Love that short Marty. Not tempted to fix the pincushion for geometric perfection?
                      Thanks, I thought I had I think I nobled the colours a little bit in this shot, or I did in one version of it I did, so that the colours were a bit bolder. It's a little old now, it's the breakfast bar in a travel lodge hotel in Cambridge on the morning of a mate's wedding.

Comment

Think I got it working

[FLICKR ]35093107@N00/17124309520[/FLICKR ]
                        So username slash photo id

I can't get it to work with sets (albums) any more

Last edited by charlesr; 30-04-2015, 10:36.

Comment

Looks like an eventful holiday charlesr?

Some more from China.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            Upgraded my tripod this week. Have gone all crazy and carbon fibre
                            Nice, got any pics.

Comment

I broke a tripod this week, one I've had for years that's done a good job despite it being nothing fancy.

I went out to see the Ospreys at Rutland Water today, but even with a 500mm lens they're just too far away to get anything even close to reasonable. Instead I had to be happy with a shot of a Comorant and a Water Vole (who disappeared in seconds).

Comment

FWIW, this is about as good as it got with the Ospreys

This is at 1000mm and "intelligent digital zoom" for 2000mm and still cropped to a ~1/3rd frame (Fujifilm HS50).
                                Last edited by MartyG; 07-05-2015, 16:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X