No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair I would say that's an acceptable use of photoshop editing the back twig out if you were trying to sell it on. Either way it would be an easy edit that would still look natural.

Comment

Had a quick go, I'm sure with a little more care you'd get it less smudgy. The problem with the heal brush is it'll clone in stuff sometimes you don't really want.

Just realised this is a different pic and not quite as sharp.

Comment

That's my shoppery. Don't use the clone tool , content aware fill is where it's at.
        Last edited by EvilBoris; 17-04-2015, 19:56.

Comment

You seem to have broken his beak

I use content aware fill too, but that can suffer with the same issue of putting blobs in. Sometimes is works greats, sometimes not. I'm not on the latest version so maybe it's been improved since.

Comment

Whoops, didn't notice the beak. I touched up a few bits but not that bit obviously.

Comment

See if you can sell it on with the beak like that. You never know...

Gorgeous, by the way.

Comment

Thanks.

Had some fun with tinned food this evening

Comment

The lack of an after photo has me fearing the worst so I'm organising a pre-emptive funeral.

We gather today to pay tribute to Martin Gurlukovich, or MartyG to his friends.

An aspiring photographer who always pushed the boundaries of taste. Cast your minds back to BeakGate. Real outside-the-box thinking. Which is ironic because now he's inside the box

Apologies but, jokes aside, let his sudden and unfortunate demise be a lesson to us all: microwaves and metal do not make great bed fellows(Rule 34 notwithstanding).

Goodbye, friend.

Comment

- I have a microwave I need to take down the tip that doesn't produce microwaves. I should do some YouTube vids with hamsters inside or something.

Trying something new today; the Niger seeds I bought seem to have brought the Goldfinches in to the garden, so I've set the D7000 up on a timer timelapse mode to take some shots for an hour later on. Not tried this in the camera before so it'll be fun to see if it manages to capture some shots.

Edit - from what I could see on the webcam, I think I might have gotten an hour's worth of shots of a Niger seed feeder
                    Last edited by MartyG; 16-04-2015, 08:48.

Comment

Great, looking forward to pics!

As for hamsters, I can do a service for them as well. It'll be like this:

Comment

Looks like I set it up wrong - rather than running for 45 minutes, it took a photo every 45 minutes. Needless to say the hit rate was 0%.

Comment

When I went snowboarding this year, instead of 10 hours of video footage my go pro captured about 167,000 photographs because I held down the shoot button rather than tapping it Gonna take a while to go through them all.

Comment

Heh, yeah I imagine it will.

Well at least I know how to set it up properly now.

It's asks for a start time, interval between shots and number of shots, not total duration for the shots - the second item was a little ambiguous in the menus.

Comment

Nice bird photos Marty.

If you like your kit there is a BBC piece here about film camera's on the streets of Tokyo and links to the website it discusses which I've included for convenience.

John Sypal's pictures of the cameras used by photographers on the streets of Tokyo.

Cameras and Photography spotted in Tokyo, Japan. If you want to change your photographs, you need to...
                              Last edited by Anpanman; 16-04-2015, 22:05.

Comment

Thanks

You can see where the Fujifilm X100 got its design inspiration from via that BBC link - I need to get some B&W film developed, cheapest I can find for develop and scan now is around ?12 a roll of 36 exposures. Film photography is starting to get extremely pricey, I ought to get some chems sorted to do it myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X