The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a monster on the camera.

I think this is the first Tamron lens I've purchase in ages. I had a 28-200mm on an old film Nikon several years ago but my third party purchases have been Sigma otherwise. This one seems fairly solid with a very useful zoom range. Sure to have some barrel and pincushion distortion though.

Comment

Yep, you'll get that with big zoom's. I've had a Tammy 70-300 which was OK and the 200 f3.5 prime which was lovely.

Their 70-200 f2.8 got good positive feedback on clarity, besting the Nikon in some areas but from memory focussing speed and some other features weren't that great. Still, if you were on a budget and could cope with the foibles it would be a cracking lens.

The 85 is much heavier than I expected, my wide 28 1.8 in comparison is featherweight. Though I've never had a 1.4 lens or an 85mm before so I suppose in some ways I didn't know what to expect.

Comment

I was going over some old shots (re-archiving pics currently stored on CD-Rs to new media worth doing once in a while), pre-2005. This was from a trip to New York back in 2002. Unfortunately at the time I was limited to a 2MP Olympus digital camera. I did have a Nikon film SLR with me too, I know if I went back now I'd have a much better collection of pics quality wise. Seems I did a lot of street photography whilst I was there.

Comment

Going to go through my Japan 2006 trip pics that were taken on my trusty sony Walkman phone phone with a 2mp camera on it, must be something useable in the folder.

Would love to go back to Akihabara with my 7d and 28mm 1.8 prime, would get some cracking pics especially at night, one day I shall return

Comment

I seem to have lost a load of pics from Portugal. Will have to go back there now

It's spring \o/ but it was very slow going today, I only got twelve pics.

Robin

Dunnock

Last edited by MartyG; 13-04-2015, 08:08.

Comment

Can the sunny weather hold out for the w/e? Need to get this month's Amatuer Photographer Forum Comp entry sorted. This month it's about going somewhere you've never been to before and take 24 shots in 24 minutes choosing your best one: http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...ar-Places-quot

Hopefully there will be something cool to photograph wherever I end up.

Comment

One from inner mongolia last year. This guys name translated as Dreams, spent a few days on tour with him in the grass lands, wonderful human, good times.

Last edited by fishbowlhead; 11-04-2015, 13:49.

Comment

I did my twenty four shots in twenty four minutes, although I haven't chosen a shot to use yet. I think there's a couple in there I'm happy with.

Comment

More bird pics at the weekend, Chaffinch and Coal Tit.

Last edited by MartyG; 13-04-2015, 10:24.

Comment

Awesome chaffinch picture Marty .

Another one from China, so many to go through still and so little time.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        Awesome chaffinch picture Marty .
                        What bird do you believe it is then?

Comment

Top chaffinch bottom coal tit, though the coal tit is still a juvenile

Comment

I think you might be misusing the rollseyes smiley then

Also spotted a Jay and Marsh Tit

Comment

Ah, year just noticed that. Year wasn't being sarcastic, great photo, clean and well framed

Comment

Would be better if there wasn't a twig behind him sticking up through his head, but it was the cleanest shot I got - sometimes they just won't play ball

Comment

Working...
                                X