No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like that shot of the ducks Marty, looks like they are swimming in ink.

...unless of course they are!

Comment

Thanks, just low key lighting

I got some extension tubes for the Nikon - had a quick try with a D70 and 18-55mm kit lens that I keep at work as an emergency DSLR

They work far better than I was expecting, so it'll be good to try them on my proper macro lens, it should produce some larger than 1:1 shots.

Comment

Any good camera review sites? I've been looking at a Nikon Coolpix L340 as I can cover all but $30 and taxes with points.

Comment

http://www.dpreview.com/ http://www.photographyblog.com/ http://www.ephotozine.com/

I'm not a huge fan of Nikon compact cameras, Canon and Fujifilm produce better ones imo. There doesn't seem to be a lot of reviews around for that particular model atm.

Comment

It seems it only came out March 31st so is rather new. They'll be selling off the L330 for $140 tomorrow so I could cover the whole thing with points...but I'm going to see what else they have I think.

Comment

What you using it for Kryss? You want to come and post more photos on here or is it more general use?

Comment

Well I got the Nikon Coolpix L340, hoping they fixed some of the complaints about the L330. And it only cost me $41.49 after points so w/e.
                Mainly for Japan next month (next week!?) as I can update photos of my old haunts. The lighting won't be an issue as it'll be 90% outside, and resizing should fix other picture issues. I'll still have my 14MP Canon compact to general carry around, and my Nexus 4 for random quick pics.

Yes! I would like to post more pictures here, although there's not much I'm going to be seeing any time soon.

Comment

I find it bizzare going back to non SLR cameras, where's all my dials!

Comment

Never had one so not going anywhere!

Comment

You can get nice pics with any camera; where smaller sensor / compact cameras tend to be weaker is in low light situations and control of depth of field, possibly speed of focus. If these aren't a worry then I'm sure you'll get on fine with it.

I've been playing with my 105mm macro lens with the extension tubes added - you can get super close.

Comment

It doesn't to be a DSLR to have dials !

I seem to have dropped out of photography for some reason, but starting to get the urge again, and buying a new compact to go alongside my D90 - the LX100 has a few dials...

When we first saw the Panasonic Lumix LX100 we were impressed that the company had finally squeezed a large-size Micro Four Thirds sensor into a compact

Comment

These are all straight from the camera with no resizing:

I do like the colour separation mode.

Macro.

Comment

I'm guessing that "macro" mode just opens up the aperture to blow the background out to create a sort of macro effect. Can you get any closer in than that?

Comment

Yeah I don't think I was using it properly. I'll try again.

Comment

Oh I wasn't saying you weren't using it right, was just wondering what kind of minimum distance that kind of camera offers compared to something like my Canon f1.4 50mm - which isn't a macro lens.

Comment

Working...
                                X