No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody cats trying to kill them today ... too many about in this area.

Comment

Crikey, that top one is clear Marty - good one.

Comment

First photo in months - taken at the Tate Modern on a walk along the river with my kids..

Modern by Gary Smith, on Flickr

Comment

That takes me back, I installed a lot of the lighting in that hall in 1999.

Comment

First outing ever with the 5DmkIII, for the first flight of my company's new aircraft. Out of 300 or so pictures none out of focus (AI Focus) and only one came out dark, but there are mutliple reflections from the aircraft's surface. EF 70-300 IS USM, ISO 400, f/9 @ aperture priority.

All photos straight out of the camera, RAWs opened in Photoshop and saved as resized JPGs.

The white jet is the new plane, the PC-24, the red two-seater is one of the PC-21s (a military trainer) we keep for training and system test purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
              Crikey, that top one is clear Marty - good one.
              Cheers, from a new camera with a fairly hefty lens ...

Comment

That's some specced camera Marty, 83x zoom, 24mm-2000mm lens!

I just wonder where it will stop. It's great for the consumers though.

Comment

That is one heck of a lens spec wise. Make sure to post some shots soon

Comment

The two shots above are from the camera.

Comment

It's pretty impressive really.
                      It's still the thing that is super great about those hybrid camera and their massive zooms.

This was the tripod I bought, some random chinese "brand" - ?90

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41FjXsOtt6L.jpg

Only actually ended up with it because I needed one with amazon prime delivery and my first (more expensive) choice was out of stock. The equivalent is ?250 and is another chinese brand, so there is a distinct possibility it's out of the same factory as it looks pretty much identical from the pictures I can see.

Anyway, It's a huge step up from the budget manfrotto tripod I had. One leg comes off and can be used as a monopod which is handy. I'd recommend it if you need a budget travel tripod (it folds up to a length less than an iPad!)

Anyway, here are some from my last photo trip to Lisbon
                      Strolling by Adam Fairclough, on Flickr

IMG_0550.jpg by Adam Fairclough, on Flickr

IMG_0844.jpg by Adam Fairclough, on Flickr

and an IR one with my latest modded camera

SAM_0351-Edit.jpg by Adam Fairclough, on Flickr

Comment

The colours that are reproduced by your IR modded camera in that picture are stunning.

Comment

That last photo, what planet was that? Looks like something you'd see on an old sci-fi show. Beautiful.

Comment

Cracking shots Boris. All of them.

Comment

Nice shots EB, the IR thing is still working for you

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                              It's pretty impressive really.
                              It's still the thing that is super great about those hybrid camera and their massive zooms.
                              It's really the only reason you'd buy one of these, for the zoom reach, otherwise it's just a bulky small sensor camera. IQ is impressive give the sensor size mind.

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                              This was the tripod I bought, some random chinese "brand" - ?90

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41FjXsOtt6L.jpg

Only actually ended up with it because I needed one with amazon prime delivery and my first (more expensive) choice was out of stock. The equivalent is ?250 and is another chinese brand, so there is a distinct possibility it's out of the same factory as it looks pretty much identical from the pictures I can see.

Anyway, It's a huge step up from the budget manfrotto tripod I had. One leg comes off and can be used as a monopod which is handy. I'd recommend it if you need a budget travel tripod (it folds up to a length less than an iPad!)
                              I looked at those tripods, I ended up going with this one to replace the one I broke because the centre column will go vertically and pull out so it can be placed horizontally; this is very handy for macro stuff where you're closer to the ground: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o06_s00 - only thing is it's a lot heavier than I expected, very solidly built though. Obviously you need to add a tripod head to that, but as it's a standard thread size you've got a lot of scope there.

Comment

Yep Boris great shots, particularly the bottom IR one.

I use a Gitzo mono and head, it's very very good but regret a little not getting something ARCA compatible. Gitzo now offer adaptors so think the end is nigh for their own system.
                                Last edited by Anpanman; 14-05-2015, 19:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X