The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    Outskirts of Shirakawago in Ishikawa Pref., famous for it's thatched houses.
    Love the Japanese countryside, it's ace.

Back to the P900, official Nikon apology for not being able to keep up with demand;

Comment

Outskirts of Shirakawago in Ishikawa Pref., famous for it's thatched houses.
      You'll have to get some shots of those thatched homes.
      Got my camera with me today but only with the Olympus portrait lens. I'll see if I can get any good shots after work of down town.

Comment

I hadn't posted more photos from my trip because they were nice, but not what I felt was worthy of this thread. Here's two anyway.

Our Ryokan "Kanjiya".

Other houses.

Comment

My sister got snowed in there Kryss for a week and captured some stunning images. Her and her hubby got to explore and walk around most of it in complete silence with just them, pretty magical place she said.

Comment

The photos of the winter there do look amazing.

Comment

Your photos alone make it look some kind of Ghibli setting. One day... One day.

Comment

Speedy: Only because you can't see the throngs of old Chinese women who were getting in the way of everything and everyone.

There are almost no streetlights, from sunset to 9pm there were several massive and blinding floodlights dotted about. We were walking back from the onsen and had to use torches to make sure we were going in the right direction. And some idiot almost ran us over on a small bridge.

I also suspect the inspiration for the coffee shop in Animal Crossing is based on one of the places in Shirakawago that serves coffee and nothing else. The master there wears a trilby, glasses and has a respectable moustache.
                Last edited by kryss; 27-05-2015, 12:45.

Comment

You should go and take that portrait kryss

Playing about with frozen chillies for fun.

Comment

[/URL]
                    That's lovely! The sort of Japan most people don't post about.

Comment

Stunning images of lunar eclipses, distant galaxies and dancing auroras are among the entries for the 2015 Astronomy Photographer of the Year competition

Comment

Goldfinches are getting braver and coming closer

Had the birds and the bees in the garden

Comment

Very nice pictures Marty, really like the bee.

Comment

Thanks - the bee was using the macro ability on the Nikon P900; it really is quite a versatile camera and I'm growing to really like it, despite the tiny sensor in it.

Comment

The weather was bad, but the Patrouille Suisse performed for a brief time at the airport in front of my office.

Comment

That reminds me, I really should try to get to an airshow this year

I got a new toy today; I picked up a Sony NEX-3 for ?44, as I've not used the NEX series I want to see how they behaved - I'm interested in them because there are a good range of speedbooster adapters for them.

That's with a 28mm M42 pentacon.

Comment

Working...
                                X