Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that bring a smile to your face 2. (The sequel)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too, although I'm worried it might be something ridiculous

Comment

Lol next I will be dreaming of unicorns or something

Yeah my heart issues have been getting worse recently and I was referred to a medical board where they have the power to medically discharge you from the service

I opted to leave because 23 years serving your country is enough for me, been pretty much involved in everything from the first gulf war and took the option that family meant more and looking back even if I opted to try and stay in I reckon my time was up especially with the baffled looks on one of the surgeons face (speciality was nuclear medicine)

But my back up career was poo'd - driving for a job is not a choice I can make

Anyway will still be paid upto the first week in July and have a purse to use to be re-trained

But I get ?35,000 tax free lump sum and an immediate pension of ?11,500 a year which in a few months couple become tax free if they find the navy at fault for my problems or at least made them a little worse so at least the mortgage is safe

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
        Me too, although I'm worried it might be something ridiculous
        I'd be happy if it was Nier but I think the story is maybe a bit feminine for Colin!

Comment

Oh aye, saying what it is might've helped. It's just another arcade game, Lara Croft and the guardian of light, absolutely prefect for my tastes. Had never heard of it and just kind of stumbled upon it today.

Comment

Yeah that's a great game, amazing co-op game too.

Comment

When your daughter decides using your hands to drink your juice is far too difficult...

She's so daft at times

Neil

Comment

Raging Sega fanboys make me laugh. The ones that blame the PS2 and Sony for the demise of their beloved company. The ones that still cling on to the few games early in the life of the machine that were not anti aliased properly. The ones that call all of the games brown and grey.

Comment

I wouldn't call myself a raging Sega fanboy, as I'm not angry & never have been a fanboy, but I do lean towards that line of thought.

Edge Magazine once said that the Dreamcast was killed off because of the perceived power of the PlayStation 2 and I agree. A year after its release the DC had a fantastic line up of games with lots on the horizon & the majority of games players were waiting for the PS2. Everyone thought it was going to be light years ahead & we got Fantavision, Tekken Tag & Ridge Racer V. Compared with Chu Chu Rocket, Soul Calibur & F355, it felt like Sony pulled the wool over our eyes! Either way, it's over a decade since Sega's lovely little machine stopped production & the PS2 eventually pulled out the good stuff. *Sniff*

Things that make me smile are brilliant Videogame music performed live so it's good a performance is on today! I've heared of this but never seen it, Videogames Live is being shown on Sky Arts at 3pm today. Looks really good from the trailer.

Comment

Will it actually have decent game music or just the standard Hollywood fare that is rife in current gen games?

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                      Will it actually have decent game music or just the standard Hollywood fare that is rife in current gen games?
                      I watched some of it last night & when I turned it on they were doing Megaman stuff & then went onto Zelda so it's mostly older stuff

Had to turn it over as the missus had something else to watch but I'm recording it for later

Neil

Comment

That would have been cool. I missed it though!

Comment

Just booked my first sick day off since 2011, it's so liberating. I never take the piss, usually, and this doesn't seem to be owt serious, more a quite severe case of man-flu, blocked ears and a VERY sore throat, feels like I've got burnin' meatballs at the base of each eardrum, and they're each about the size of a standard pub pool ball. Irritating, hard to get rid of type of grinding pain. To go large, add a proper f*cking bangin' headache into the mix.

Ah, well, hope I can get into the docs tomoz. If not, have a sleeve of Tramadol somewhere, that'll help me get through the bulk of the painy bits, n' I can also bang some 'forbidden' gaming time in there as part of the recuperation phase, good games always feel sweeter that way.

Comment

Watching groundhog day:

Phil?
                            Ned?
                            *punch*

Love that bit

Comment

Great movie.

Comment

Man holding chips fights off attack

A pub landlord trained in martial arts has said he fought off four attackers without dropping his fish and chips.
                                John Wood, 37, said he was stabbed with a screwdriver while walking back to his car from Frank's fish and chip shop in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire.

Mr Wood, who runs a pub in Marshland St James in Norfolk, said he "disabled" two men by kicking them in the knees.

Mr Wood, who learned the Japanese art of Aikido as a teenager, said he was approached by four young men on Thursday as he walked down an alleyway close to Lynn Road at about 21:00 BST.

"They said 'we want your wallet' and then my phone rang and they said 'we'll have your phone as well'," he said.
                                If they had stabbed me one inch over it would have hit my liver and my lung and someone would have found me bleeding in an alleyway instead?

"The irony was it was my fiancee who messaged me saying, 'be careful - it's dangerous out there'.

"I said, 'If you want it, you'll have to come and get it'."He said he managed to kick the first two men in the knees and, using one hand, fought off the third.

A fourth man then stabbed him in his chest but he said he wrestled the screwdriver off him before throwing it away.

Mr Wood said he drove home and ate his fish and chips - which he managed to keep in one hand the whole time without dropping anything - before telling his partner about the incident.

Love this!

He got stabbed, beat all three attackers up, drove home still clutching his chips, ate them and then told his wife about it all!

Man plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X