Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that bring a smile to your face 2. (The sequel)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
    Daddy, why does the tingling have scissors in it?

Originally posted by wicky View Post

The paw reaching for the burger is pure gold

My smile:

Packed my stuff for my Japan flight today. 28kg wooo. Hand luggage is 11 though. Hope they don't weigh it! My theory is they'll be more inclined to weigh the hand luggage if the baggage is too heavy and we take stuff out to go in hand luggage.
    Last edited by randombs; 27-02-2013, 23:17.

Comment

Removing the bios chip from my MV-1C and replacing it with a socketed unibios 3.1 without destroying the board.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

It wasn't that bad as it was a neobiosmasta, so only two wires to resolder. But still, good not to break anything!

Comment

Dat MH3U news <3

Comment

Was watching Griff the Invisible with my wife this evening and she just lost it and started laughing at the scene where Ryan Kwanten tries to create an invisibility suit by trampling a box of lemons into juice in his bathtub, sprinkling the solution with baking soda and soaking fabric in it overnight. Apparently it's something that she'd expect to catch me doing if she came home from work early.

Comment

The royal naval employability board sat and agreed with the doctors decision that I should be medically retired from the service

Last pay day is the 4th July and from then effectively I'm an unemployed veteran

That's that, 23 years service that took me trough both gulf wars, action in former Yugoslavia and spent over 12 years in Northern Ireland at sea and on the ground even involved when we found a lorry stuffed with 'stuff'

Counter terrorism and anti-piracy operations globally and what next??

Last time I was at work I was in charge of NATO units and exercises at sea, the next time at work I will be driving a bus or stacking shelves, what a change

Comment

Congrats to DataDave on getting married!

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                    Last time I was at work I was in charge of NATO units and exercises at sea, the next time at work I will be driving a bus or stacking shelves, what a change
                    As I said before, I'm sure with your CV, you can get a job in charge of rather more than shelf stacking. Write it up and take it to the job center for advice.

Comment

Five years married!

To celebrate I took my wife out to Nippon Inn, a local Japanese restaurant. I had 5 flowers made into a bunch with a heart shaped bow to mark the 5 years. It was all setup on the table when we arrived and she had no idea. We ate a shed load of food and had a brilliant time.

Here's to another 5 fantastic years.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        As I said before, I'm sure with your CV, you can get a job in charge of rather more than shelf stacking. Write it up and take it to the job center for advice.
                        Will be writing soon and looking at network rail or something similar

Been to the job centre and they suck, went in to find out job opportunities in my area and the girl immediately gave me benefit forms

Comment

Arriving in Japan, seeing her at the airport and everything just falling into place, and us running to Mos Burger five minutes before it shut to grab burgers because I needed the Mos goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by SQLite documentation
                            According to the SQL standard, PRIMARY KEY should always imply NOT NULL. Unfortunately, due to a long-standing coding oversight, this is not the case in SQLite. Unless the column is an INTEGER PRIMARY KEY SQLite allows NULL values in a PRIMARY KEY column. We could change SQLite to conform to the standard (and we might do so in the future), but by the time the oversight was discovered, SQLite was in such wide use that we feared breaking legacy code if we fixed the problem. So for now we have chosen to continue allowing NULLs in PRIMARY KEY columns.
                            I don't even know much SQL beyond part of a first year module but the one thing drummed into us from the very start was that a primary key can never have a null value. Sort-of funny to see that an entire implementation of it was build and deployed before somebody even noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                              The royal naval employability board sat and agreed with the doctors decision that I should be medically retired from the service

Last pay day is the 4th July and from then effectively I'm an unemployed veteran

That's that, 23 years service that took me trough both gulf wars, action in former Yugoslavia and spent over 12 years in Northern Ireland at sea and on the ground even involved when we found a lorry stuffed with 'stuff'

Counter terrorism and anti-piracy operations globally and what next??

You said you were getting around ?12000 a year pension though; thats more doing a 39 hr min wage job per year. Thats a very positive position to be in, in this climate? If you can get another job around ?12000-15000 (which is likely for someone with your skills) your topping the income up to almost post discharge salary?

Comment

I've only just worked out that # and @ work differently on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X