No announcement yet.

Ran 1000 miles so far this year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Charles, when I run, I tend to get pain in my right knee, but it doesn't hurt when I stop running. I thought it might be shock from running on hard ground wearing trainers with really crappy cushioning (like none at all), but surely that would affect both knees? Any ideas what it might be?

Comment

Well done man, no wonder you're so skinny!

If I can barge the party slightly, I've definitely briskly walked more than a thousand miles this year.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Adam, you do not do 9 miles in 50 minutes. If you do, you need to run for Chichester.
        Get on mapmyrun.com or use the GPS on your phone (www.sports-tracker.com) to get a real distance to be sure. If it's for real, then stop tossing about and run for your County.

Was that you on IRC? Sorry I missed you.

My PB for 10k (6.1m) is 40:30 (although I'm sure I can go a minute or so quicker - I wasn't going banzai and it wasn't a race).
        No, seriously. That is what i've been hitting... If im being honest my route is more like 9.3 miles....

I take that's a good thing. Awesome! I'm not quite the lazy arse i thought I was!
        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
          Hey Charles, when I run, I tend to get pain in my right knee, but it doesn't hurt when I stop running. I thought it might be shock from running on hard ground wearing trainers with really crappy cushioning (like none at all), but surely that would affect both knees? Any ideas what it might be?
          Probably one leg longer than the other, so putting more pressure on one. Take shorter strides, see if that helps. Keep your head up, chest out (back straight).

Comment

Adam, join a running club sharpish. That's a serious talent that needs to be used before you get too old.

Fancy doing the Portsmouth Marathon with me?
            Last edited by charlesr; 01-12-2012, 23:17.

Comment

I just checked and in the 5 mile race I did earlier in the year, your 9 mile pace would have won it and beaten Chichester's best club runner (James Baker).

Comment

Okay now I'm getting all paranoid! I'm going to triple check the distance!

Comment

Goog going, Charles. I've covered 678 miles this year and will probably finish at around 750 by the end of it.

Adam, that is seriously fast stuff and you'd have easily come first at yesterday's Parkrun 5k. Don't waste the talent - you could earn some money on the side winning local races!

Comment

I just dotted out my route on geodistance.com and it comes out as 9.411 miles. I did it again today and I was a bit longer than 50minutes, I did it in 58mins, so night quite as impressive as I orginally thought! Apologies for the confusion!

I've always been more of a sprinter than a long-distance runner, maybe that helps.

I'm definitely loving my running - have been running on and off for the past ten years now alongside my usual fitness, like kung fu, boxing and weight training - but it's only been the past couple of months where i've been making sure to run at least 3 times a week without fail. I was getting too lazy at work so had to turn it around again.

I love that sense of freedom... those few minutes where you feel you are floating, totally relaxed - it's addictive isnt it :-)

I definitely wont be joining any clubs or comps though, I run purely only for fun and the moment clubs or deadlines are introduced It makes me all stressy!

- Really glad you are loving the running Charlie. Do you ever go on your runs with Lucy?

Taka, keep going to get those 750miles! do you think you're manage that before Christmas?
                    Last edited by Adam Stone; 02-12-2012, 14:35.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      Yeah, it has been a tough year. I broke my shoulder blade in a race earlier in the year, so took 3 weeks off.
                      Then smashed my ankle on holiday when the ground disappeared underneath me on a trail run in France so took another couple of weeks off.
                      Basically I've been able to run about 8 of the 11 months so far, so reckon it would have been more like 1500m by the end of the year.

I've got a few hundred MTB miles in there too
                      Duude! Bloody hell, sounds like your body has been hit pretty hard!

Comment

I did another run this evening - was pretty knackered from earlier but am all pumped up after reading your impressions!

I did my 7.5mile route in 40mins, pretty much to the second. Tomorrow I'll plan out a 10k route to see how long that takes - it's actually quite exciting!

Sorry to hijack your thread!

Running is such a wonderful feeling though isnt it, it's nice to share with others. Do we have a running thread? *goes and searches*

Comment

We have a fitness thread pinned at the top of Off Topic, probably the thread for you to be in

Comment

Adam you *******. Young. Daftly good looking. Work at a game company. Jog faster than I can run. Good at drawing. Ban request.

Even your readjusted time is very fast Adam. It would put your marathon goal time at 2:58! (assuming training for the distance).

Comment

I love you Charlie :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X