Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CE28N for me.

Comment

Steering on the RX8 was feeling randomly heavy in areas. Generally designated as a common electrical problem. The car has an electrical power steering system, and by the wisdom of mazda many of the key electric connections and wires run on the rear of the radiator plastic shroud, so after a few years of heat tend to melt away.

Anyway after sort of playing ignorant for a while i took a few 100 mile round trip up to Exeter to see friends, and the steering was horrendous, it had about a 10 degree angle of play but if you went past that 10 then it was like stirring coal, then a new 10 degree area of play would open, until you needed to hard steer again.

So i finally stripped back the air box to check out all the electrical connectors, as well as the battery to fusebox key system connections, everything was spotless hmm, anyway long story short turns out it was the steering column u-joint. Service part, bout an hour to replace, but my mazda dude had to order in the part from Japan bloody local dealerships didnt keep it on hand, so 17 day wait right there (didnt drive car for safety etc).

Got it all sorted today, drives like new. But looking at the part they took off, its crazy, can barely move it. Cant believe I drove/steered on that hehe...sorry car.

Engines sweet as a nut though so I can live with other odds and sods needing a replace from time to time.

The evenings are drawing out, very much looking forward to the Cornwall sun with the car.

Oh yeah one thing, fking farm cats keeps sleeping on the warm bonnet, every time I goto the car its covered in muddy cat foot prints, God damn i swear to cat jesus it has to stop.
      Well at any rate, hope you guys and your vehicles are going strong

Comment

Good to hear you got it sorted.
        Had the same problem with cat prints before my old neighbours moved. Which reminds me... Need to clean the car

Comment

Went past a Lotus store/showroom thing in Piccadilly today and wondered how many of the cars used to be owned by Colin.

Comment

Pfffft, I've only had four. It's not like they're PC-Engine's, then you might have a point.

Comment

Well, there aren't any stores that sell PC Engines that I can see!

Comment

Tempting: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ck?logcode=dsp

Not that I'm tired of the CTR, but you don't see that many of those about.

Comment

Those prodrive wheels look great. 330 should be exciting

Comment

[MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION]
                    Bit of a random question but have you ever fitted an aftermarket stereo in one of your Imprezas?
                    Just wondering if they need a special adapter to convert it over to the Subaru wiring.
                    Cheers

Comment

Most cars from my experience need adaptors.

Comment

My Impreza came with an aftermarket head unit and door speakers when I got it. God knows how bad the original was if this was an upgrade. Forester has a head unit too, but only to replace the J unit. Never done it myself. The Legacy had an awesome McIntosh factory install (amp, sub, speakers, head unit). If I get the Forester done, I'll give it to a proper installer

Comment

We were messing around in our garage today and my brother recorded this quick vid, you'd have to listen to it really loud for it to be true to life though.

No idea how to make it work in the post as I've never put a vid up before from photobucket, just click I think.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I hate to break up this chatter of lovely cars, but has anyone got any feedback on family cars?
                              My wife wants a bigger car and we're kind of coming at it from different angles.
                              I'm thinking about the size of a Citro?n C3 Picasso but she likes taller SUV cars like a Nissan QashCow or Toyota Rav 3.
                              I'm concerned they're style over substance, especially things like the Nissan Juke and Vauxhall Mokka.

Anybody got any feedback?

Comment

What's the budget? New or used?

Someone at school has a Juke and it appears to be very small inside for what it is - the styling essentially removes parts of the interior that a box volvo shape would provide.

Comment

Working...
                                X