• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New car time

Looking at the new Mazda 3 Sport

or the Volvo V40 R-Design

Comment

Don't buy anything that is the Sport edition. It will invariably be as sporty as a fireplace.

Comment

We just (last year) got rid of our Mazda 3 Sport. Was a fantastic car, converted me to Japanese autos. Went well, handled fantastic and cheap to run.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          Don't buy anything that is the Sport edition. It will invariably be as sporty as a fireplace.

It's a company car, so I am restricted a little with engine types and what my budget will allow. The sport editions generally look a bit nicer or are a better trim level, no intention of racing it. I've been verbally warned about the speeds my GPS tracker had reported back to HQ.

The mazda is the winner at the moment as it's full of gadgets, although I prefer the exterior of the volvo though. Basically gotta be really nice and comfy, I've done 85k in the last 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            New car time

Looking at the new Mazda 3 Sport
            I've driven the Mazda Axela (as it's called over here) and it is a very nice car. so much so that I've even considered having one for my next car. The interior is ok but maybe a little cheap considering the price of the motor but defiantly a nice car to be in as well as drive.
            Last edited by Yakumo; 16-02-2014, 10:24.

Comment

The interior actually looked really nice when I looked at it, certainly nicer than my Golf. Strangely they are actually very cheap compared to similar types of cars in the UK, I'd be looking at another 10K to get most other rivals with the same spec and half of them don't looks as funky.

I'd considered a Seat Leon too, go for the 1.8 petrol DSG. That will be more fun to drive but is a bit plain and lacking in gadgetry.

Comment

I'd go with the Mazda, because it's Japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  The interior actually looked really nice when I looked at it, certainly nicer than my Golf. Strangely they are actually very cheap compared to similar types of cars in the UK, I'd be looking at another 10K to get most other rivals with the same spec and half of them don't looks as funky.

I'd considered a Seat Leon too, go for the 1.8 petrol DSG. That will be more fun to drive but is a bit plain and lacking in gadgetry.
                  Is the present promotion on Leon's only for retail sales? One of the guys at work bought a new Leon and they are chucking in full LED lights, DAB and sat nav.
                  I agree the Leon's interior isn't fancy but it's well screwed together and I'm a big fan of the DSG box.

Comment

Nah, the promotion does carry across to the lease sales too, I'm going to go have a look at one tomorrow.

Big fan of DSG too, the Golf has it and it make's it hard to move away as it's so awesome
                    Last edited by EvilBoris; 14-02-2014, 20:43.

Comment

I bought myself this yesterday new in Japan http://yap3.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2014-01-10

New honda fit 2014 RS model.

I guess it would be classed as a hot hatchback in the uk. Couldn't have gone for anything bigger as wife was giving me aggro.
                      Anyone got something similar?

Comment

It's called the Jazz over here. The RS model looks cool, if a bit "Focus" at the back. Have you got it yet? Or is there a wait?

Comment

The Fit is the first car you buy in Gran Turismo 6, RS model looks pretty neat and nice.

Comment

3 month wait...

Comment

Reason being Japan has a tax increase from April from 5 to 8% on everything. So I guess people are buying all their cars before April 1st.

Comment

Did you take a test drive? What's it like?

Comment

Working...
                                X