No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that's the one the carpenter at the end of the road traded in his Blade for. If it is, then it's very comfy, but.... doesn't have a reverse gear, which it needs

Comment

That engine looks like one seriously heavy lump, wouldn't fancy trying to save that if you lost your balance while standing still.

Comment

Now getting the horn for old S15 Silvias!

Looking for a Nissan 200/200SX/Silvia? Find your ideal Nissan 200/200SX/Silvia from top dealers and private sellers in your area with PistonHeads Classifieds.

I showed Lucy, thinking I'd get shouted down, but she approved.
        Last edited by charlesr; 14-01-2015, 19:38.

Comment

Nice car Charles.

I'm just glad to have mine back after three weeks (glow plugs needed replacing, they were so covered in carbon whole head of the engine had to be removed to get them out) nice nine or ten hour job on a diesel, thankfully mate is a mechanic, garage would have charged a fortune.

Comment

Beautiful car the Silvia

Comment

Quite like the white one, shame the seats are all burst as otherwise it looks very tidy. Bride's aren't exactly cheap either, but I'd want a very tidy interior at that price. Silver one looks a bit of a shed to me, but that's probably just down to that awful fitting aftermarket bonnet.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                Now getting the horn for old S15 Silvias!

Looking for a Nissan 200/200SX/Silvia? Find your ideal Nissan 200/200SX/Silvia from top dealers and private sellers in your area with PistonHeads Classifieds.

I showed Lucy, thinking I'd get shouted down, but she approved.
                I'm just looking at that white silvia. The price is way too much. You could buy that here for say ?4000. So say it cost ?2000 to get it to the UK and registered that's still o ly ?6000. I'd go silver though as the white ones are far more common.

Comment

The white one is a a Spec R, which go for double the normal spec S. http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car...nissan/silvia/
                  Probably worth the extra too, with the chassis enhancements. I don't think it is a good example though - but it looks great on the outside.

It would only work as a second car (in the UK) though - if anything went wrong with it, getting new bits would be a lengthy process.

Comment

My Golf R has finally changed to stage 3 - build week confirmed on the tracker, it's been on stage 2 since the first week of November. Got a confirmed build week of 7, which means second week of Feb. Hopefully should have it around mid March. Got to start thinking about selling my Cupra R now.

Comment

\o/

When I first read that, I thought you were doing a Stage 3 tune on your golf and were going to end up with a 500bhp monster

Comment

Ha ha, i'll stick with the standard map for now i think, however stage 1 Revo is an easy 350-375bhp.

Comment

Also, buying a 14 year old Silvia makes no sense when you can have a 2 year old BRZ or GT for the same price (apart from the way it looks). https://www.tradecarview.com/used_ca.../brz/15841416/ Although pretty much all my car-wants make no sense at all.

Comment

I love the way the Silvia's look, so aggressive. I had a quick look when i was interested in getting an Integra, the running costs put me off though.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              Also, buying a 14 year old Silvia makes no sense when you can have a 2 year old BRZ or GT for the same price (apart from the way it looks). https://www.tradecarview.com/used_ca.../brz/15841416/ Although pretty much all my car-wants make no sense at all.
                              Agreed who wants practical and boring eh. I still want a 1994 Supra at some point.

Just seen you can now buy a used Audi R8 for under ?50k.

Comment

Can't get excited about the R8. But a 1000bhp Supra for half the price would be on the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X