No announcement yet.

Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Starfleet basically a Japanese Gerry Anderson production? Because damn, I'm on board.

Comment

What the hell is wrong with people?!

Star Fleet was the best!

It was created by Go Nagai (Mazinger, Devilman, Violence Jack) and told the story of the crew of an experimental spaceship, X-Bomber, trying to defend the Earth from destruction by war-mongering aliens.

X-Bomber had three pilots whose three fighters to combine the head, body and legs of Dai-X - a massive red robot that was immense and was guaranteed to make kids at the time go nuts for it.

If I could get this robot at the time, I'd have driven my parents bonkers for it at Christmas!

The show was similar to Gerry Anderson because of the puppets, but he favoured the marionette system with wires from above, but Star Fleet's puppets were controlled with rods underneath. Dai-X was a dude in a suit.

There was never a second series because a fire destroyed all the props.

Gerry Anderson was a fan too. Here's an interview with him and Go Nagai from the DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        This any help buddy...

Currently available from a few locations...

Ebay @ ?117 delivered

Ami Ami @ ?66 + shipping

Hobby Link Japan @ ?80 + shipping
        Evolution Toy has just served up what fans of Go Nagai's "X Bomber" (and its English version "Star Fleet") have been craving for years: a transformable toy of its big red 'bot, Big Dai X! With the assistance of some clever magnetic joints, X Project team vehicles Braindar, Jumbody, and Legstar can be combined to form Big Dai X. Caterpillar track parts are included to complete Legstar's tank mode. Bristling with great details, Big Dai X stands 17cm tall (a little less than 7 inches). Grab this early-'80s icon while you can!

Looks pretty mad.

HTH

Neil
        Sorry, I forgot to say thanks. That's spot on. My mate sent me the HLJ link and I was a bit gutted at the price.

Comment

Still waiting on the flying base for Tallgeese II, which is a pain, as it doesn't stand up so well (the leg articulation is really poor, even by HG standards).

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            What the hell is wrong with people?!

Star Fleet was the best!

It was created by Go Nagai (Mazinger, Devilman, Violence Jack) and told the story of the crew of an experimental spaceship, X-Bomber, trying to defend the Earth from destruction by war-mongering aliens.

X-Bomber had three pilots whose three fighters to combine the head, body and legs of Dai-X - a massive red robot that was immense and was guaranteed to make kids at the time go nuts for it.

If I could get this robot at the time, I'd have driven my parents bonkers for it at Christmas!

The show was similar to Gerry Anderson because of the puppets, but he favoured the marionette system with wires from above, but Star Fleet's puppets were controlled with rods underneath. Dai-X was a dude in a suit.

There was never a second series because a fire destroyed all the props.

Gerry Anderson was a fan too. Here's an interview with him and Go Nagai from the DVD.

Lol i'm a huge Go Nagai fan and i had no idea he even did this. Puppets though man, outside of Puppet Master i think human type puppets are about as scary as it gets.....

Comment

Silverstreak seems to have really disappointed fans who were after the diaclone recolour but after seeing more shots of him I think I prefer him to the original Bluestreak version. Closer to my childhood toy. If a KO version rocks up I could be tempted

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                Silverstreak seems to have really disappointed fans who were after the diaclone recolour but after seeing more shots of him I think I prefer him to the original Bluestreak version. Closer to my childhood toy. If a KO version rocks up I could be tempted
                I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't an announcement soon of another repaint which will be the Blue Diaclone version.

Yeah this one really is nice, I'm pleased with him & is the same as the original G1 toy we got over here which is nice.

Wheeljack next month
                Can't wait.

Neil

Comment

I think there are 1or 2 TF nuts lurking in this thread somewhere, so this might appeal to them (or not, if they are not a fan of Mr. Bay's cinematic masterpieces).

I unashamedly pinched this off HUKD I hasten to add.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                    I think there are 1or 2 TF nuts lurking in this thread somewhere, so this might appeal to them (or not, if they are not a fan of Mr. Bay's cinematic masterpieces).

I unashamedly pinched this off HUKD I hasten to add.
                    Hey Phil! If you didn't know our Scorpion Life Size Busts are shipping between the 10th and 20th! Keep your eyes open on your e-mail, if i get any other info i'll get it over to you!

CAN NOT WAIT XD

Comment

The flying base just arrived for my Tallgeese III:

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                        Lol you are the king of bling
                        Need that Year of the Horse Prime to be his pimp daddy now as well.

So we are all fans of Bandai's Figuarts aren't we?
                        I know some of us really enjoyed the Ju-On movies...sooooo Bandai thought it would be a good ides to creep us all out with a Figuarts Sadako Yamamura

Full set comes with...

-Main figure
                        -Optional hand parts set
                        -Optional head parts set
                        -Optional lower body parts
                        -TV parts
                        -Video tape parts

Currently up on Bigbadtoystore for $50
                        Looks mad, seriously creepy

Neil
                        Thats great, what is it hot toys?

EDIT: NM read the post after lol!

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                          Hey Phil! If you didn't know our Scorpion Life Size Busts are shipping between the 10th and 20th! Keep your eyes open on your e-mail, if i get any other info i'll get it over to you!

CAN NOT WAIT XD
                          Yes mate, I am aware.

I do pay a visit to SF daily to see what the latest is. I did chuckle when I read one of your posts admonishing another poster who was going to sell the statue before even receiving it!

Really looking forward to finally getting it. It has the potential to be one of the best LSB ever released imo.

Glad you talked me into buying it, tho my credit card isn't, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                            Yes mate, I am aware.

I do pay a visit to SF daily to see what the latest is. I did chuckle when I read one of your posts admonishing another poster who was going to sell the statue before even receiving it!

Really looking forward to finally getting it. It has the potential to be one of the best LSB ever released imo.

Glad you talked me into buying it, tho my credit card isn't, lol.
                            Ah excellent! The guys on there are ****ing ridiculous, especially in the PCS section, really winds me up lol.

But yeah super hyped about getting him now, i got my Subzeros eyes all posed ready so hes looking at Scorp all like "gonna mess you up" lol. Just hoping PCS have done him justice, if it comes out as good as SZ i'll be more than happy

The PCS price for a LSB is amazing, espeiclally with the discount, you couldn't not have bought it I've got my Iron Man LSB coming in the next couple of months too and that was way more than Scorp, PCS do great prices in comparison to SS and they are still a small company!

Comment

Was mooching at pics of the KO MP Optimus, not bad. Some glaring weaknesses but overall alright. Apparently a new version is on the way that's irons out the kinks. Interested to see if they start doing KO's of the limited edition colours once they've nailed the mould. Peeps are jumping on the Year of the Horse Optimus as well atm, TRU US is selling it for just around 60 quid

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                Was mooching at pics of the KO MP Optimus, not bad. Some glaring weaknesses but overall alright. Apparently a new version is on the way that's irons out the kinks. Interested to see if they start doing KO's of the limited edition colours once they've nailed the mould. Peeps are jumping on the Year of the Horse Optimus as well atm, TRU US is selling it for just around 60 quid
                                beats the ?120 quid there asking for the UK one, I've never worked out how $129 US translates to ?125 uk

going through checkout it seems to be ?54 uk money, but then your gonna get import duty and shipping so your probably looking at near ?90 to get it to the uk, i dont mind the gold smokestacks it's the see-through trailer that really puts me off this one.
                                Last edited by Lebowski; 03-07-2014, 12:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X