X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does look really basic.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
      Ah can see what you mean now...surely though you could do without buying the Consoles on launch?

Use the money for the greater good lol

Well if you want I'll keep my eye out in store & if I see one I'll grab one & put him aside for you for later...provide I can afford to that is & we'll settle up when you can?

Neil
      lol Me and the missus have plans so with the new consoles it could be a now or never style deal and I'm too weak for the latter

Thanks for the offer, gonna try selling some stuff on ebay to fund up a bit. He's an expensive piece to the point where, as some sites have suggested, he could break the UK model and be so highly priced they don't bother doing anymore over here. Though considering he has all 5 tapes those in the know will be alright.

EDIT-On rethink, despite your gracious offer (thanks very much btw ) I'm going to opt out. He is immense but he's high price and it's better I hold off than put you out. Worst case is I miss out and hope Megatron gets a 2014 rejig Cheers though!
      Last edited by Neon Ignition; 13-08-2013, 20:16.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        Remember the Sorceress figure, from Dragon's Corwn? Well, Alphamax has pulled preorders. No official explanation given, and thoguh some say it's due to bad scultping, I've seen much worse figures being greenlighted.
        Probably realised they forgot about her nipples.

Comment

Although that Soundwave is ace, I love robots, especially Transformers and mainly just G1, but I couldn't justify ?120 for a fancy toy to myself, let alone the missus!

Comment

Metal Build Exia and Freedom came into today, i got Exia for ?90 and Freedom for ?70 at those prices its cheeky not to It's 2nd time i've owned Freedom and it still impresses. Exia is just another Gem in the Metal Build line there's just so much metal, they are so high quality and posing options are insane, such a good line.

I hope the Metal Build and Metal Composite line keeps on going! Banshee from Unicorn is next!

Full gallery here - http://www.collectioneo.co.uk/piwigo...?/category/167

Full gallery here - http://www.collectioneo.co.uk/piwigo...?/category/166

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
              lol Me and the missus have plans so with the new consoles it could be a now or never style deal and I'm too weak for the latter

Thanks for the offer, gonna try selling some stuff on ebay to fund up a bit. He's an expensive piece to the point where, as some sites have suggested, he could break the UK model and be so highly priced they don't bother doing anymore over here. Though considering he has all 5 tapes those in the know will be alright.

EDIT-On rethink, despite your gracious offer (thanks very much btw ) I'm going to opt out. He is immense but he's high price and it's better I hold off than put you out. Worst case is I miss out and hope Megatron gets a 2014 rejig Cheers though!
              Lol if that's the deal then console's it is

No worries you're more than welcome buddy.
              I'll keep an eye out anyway & if you change your mind give me a shout

I'm still hopeful we'll see a V2 Megatron to go along with the 30th Anniversary next year.

Just over a month for the first of the Nissan's

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Although that Soundwave is ace, I love robots, especially Transformers and mainly just G1, but I couldn't justify ?120 for a fancy toy to myself, let alone the missus!
              Now you see it's easier for me to justify this to the missus than it is video games.
              She know's the obsession involved with collectible tat but she still finds it hard to see why I'd spend so much buying older console's & games & to be fair at the moment I think she's right & although I said I wouldn't do it again I think I can see me selling up the games soon

Neil

Comment

You know that's not a dig, mate (or anyone posting in this thread), I'm just frustrated by the silly prices and incredibly small production runs.

I like those Gundam. They're not kits, are they?

I'm a bit bored of Gundam designs, but fancy building something. Has anyone tried a Border Break kit? There's not much building on a Frame Arms model, is there?

Are there any mecha books about either of these series?
                Last edited by QualityChimp; 13-08-2013, 22:24.

Comment

See I blame Soundwave. I was doing absolutely fine, minding my own business, reading this forum for years. Even managed to avoid buying some silly Sideshow Arthas piece when I'd visit this thread. Then he goes and posts a picture of an MP Prime from TRU...

I'm not an addict!! Although I need Soundwave, (maybe) a seeker and another Autobot car to complete this team.

Btw where can you get repro Decepticon stickers from? Couldn't find any on Ebay, and I've seen the massive improvement it makes to other figures, i.e. that TFC Devastator, when stickers are applied. I'm thinking Shockwave (Quakewave) could be improved this way.

PS. Neil, Cheers for the offer of checking TRU. I am checking daily atm, and have a nearly 3 year old and 7 month old for TRU shopping companions
                  Last edited by Digfox; 13-08-2013, 22:37.

Comment

You know that's not a dig, mate (or anyone posting in this thread), I'm just frustrated by the silly prices and incredibly small production runs.

I'm a bit bored of Gundam designs, but fancy building something. Has anyone tried a Border Break kit? There's not much building on a Frame Arms model, is there?

Of course I do buddy I know the last person on here who will make a dig or anything is you

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
                    See I blame Soundwave. I was doing absolutely fine, minding my own business, reading this forum for years. Even managed to avoid buying some silly Sideshow Arthas piece when I'd visit this thread. Then he goes and posts a picture of an MP Prime from TRU...

I'm not an addict!! Although I need Soundwave, (maybe) a seeker and another Autobot car to complete this team.

Btw where can you get repro Decepticon stickers from? Couldn't find any on Ebay, and I've seen the massive improvement it makes to other figures, i.e. that TFC Devastator, when stickers are applied. I'm thinking Shockwave (Quakewave) could be improved this way.

PS. Neil, Cheers for the offer of checking TRU. I am checking daily atm, and have a nearly 3 year old and 7 month old for TRU shopping companions
                    Lol I'm sorry...honest

Awesome get on Quakewave.
                    I'm being really lax & haven't picked him up yet but I am planning to rectify that really soon

For the seeker I think the cheapest option might be to look to pick up one of the US TRU Thundercrakcers, he can be had for under ?100

Aside from that if you don't mind 3rd party then iGears Seekers come in at around ?100 each as well

Well with the upcoming Nissan's & Wheeljack you'll be well sorted for extra Autobot cars in the near future

You wan't Reprolabels for the insignia's & stuff...

It's where most people get theirs & the one's you'll have seen on the various sites on QW & Devestator have come from there.

Lol no worries you're welcome.

Neil

Comment

Of course I do buddy I know the last person on here who will make a dig or anything is you

Lol I'm sorry...honest

Awesome get on Quakewave.
                      I'm being really lax & haven't picked him up yet but I am planning to rectify that really soon

For the seeker I think the cheapest option might be to look to pick up one of the US TRU Thundercrakcers, he can be had for under ?100

Aside from that if you don't mind 3rd party then iGears Seekers come in at around ?100 each as well

Well with the upcoming Nissan's & Wheeljack you'll be well sorted for extra Autobot cars in the near future

You wan't Reprolabels for the insignia's & stuff...

It's where most people get theirs & the one's you'll have seen on the various sites on QW & Devestator have come from there.

Lol no worries you're welcome.

Neil
                      Still your fault ;-p

Thank you for the website link. Looks like they do a Shockwave sticker kit for the original toy ($2 + $3 shipping) but I assume would be fine for Quakewave; http://reprolabels.com/Decepticons/shockwave.php#. I couldn't see anything for the Fantoys version.

I got Sideswipe & Quakewave from Kapow toys who have been really good on shipping so quickly.

I just want to assemble a small collection of TF's that I either had as a kid, or wanted - so I'm not really into the 3rd-party stuff but the MP range struck a chord with me even when I saw someone post Skywarp on here years ago.

I'll get Soundwave from TRU and have already purchased Smokescreen. I'd like Jazz, Hound or Tracks although I'm sure we all would.

Re: the seeker, I'd love Skywarp in the new, improved mould but of the two available; Thundercracker (from the US, already had that in My Ebay - thanks again) for about ?106-110 with import and postage. Or get Acid Storm who doesn't overall doesn't look as good although his digital camo is quite neat, is cheaper, has the nicer packaging and 'might' be more unique. Need to make up my mind quickly on this one.

EDIT:
                      Actually just found this sticker kit when looking for images of Quakewave;
                      http://www.lunartoystore.com/product...ave-decal-pack

But I'm not sure that improves him in anyway. Just think he needs a decepticon logo on this chest.

PS. Yes, Quakewave is awesome. He's nicer quality than the Masterpieces I have. More sturdy and heavier. And whilst the most expensive of the 3 it would be a very tough call if I could only have one of him, Prime or Soundwave. I understood that Kapow had the 3rd and final run of him (which mine was). The only thing I also did way buy a set of the solid hand/laser for ?6ish from eBay to make him complete.
                      Last edited by Digfox; 14-08-2013, 10:37.

Comment

Still your fault ;-p

Thank you for the website link. Looks like they do a Shockwave sticker kit for the original toy ($2 + $3 shipping) but I assume would be fine for Quakewave; http://reprolabels.com/Decepticons/shockwave.php#. I couldn't see anything for the Fantoys version.

I got Sideswipe & Quakewave from Kapow toys who have been really good on shipping so quickly.

I just want to assemble a small collection of TF's that I either had as a kid, or wanted - so I'm not really into the 3rd-party stuff but the MP range struck a chord with me even when I saw someone post Skywarp on here years ago.

I'll get Soundwave from TRU and have already purchased Smokescreen. I'd like Jazz, Hound or Tracks although I'm sure we all would.

Re: the seeker, I'd love Skywarp in the new, improved mould but of the two available; Thundercracker (from the US, already had that in My Ebay - thanks again) for about ?106-110 with import and postage. Or get Acid Storm who doesn't overall doesn't look as good although his digital camo is quite neat, is cheaper, has the nicer packaging and 'might' be more unique. Need to make up my mind quickly on this one.

EDIT:
                        Actually just found this sticker kit when looking for images of Quakewave;

But I'm not sure that improves him in anyway. Just think he needs a decepticon logo on this chest.

PS. Yes, Quakewave is awesome. He's nicer quality than the Masterpieces I have. More sturdy and heavier. And whilst the most expensive of the 3 it would be a very tough call if I could only have one of him, Prime or Soundwave. I understood that Kapow had the 3rd and final run of him (which mine was). The only thing I also did way buy a set of the solid hand/laser for ?6ish from eBay to make him complete.
                        Lol ok I can take it

No problems, yeah I do think they are more geared towards the older figures.
                        You could always just buy the sheets of insignia's they do & see if one of them fits the bill...

Kapow are great, easily the best UK TF supplier.
                        I've got my Prowl & Wheeljack on order with them (Smokescreen & Bluestreak are with an Asian supplier) & my Soundwave, Sideswipe & Frenzy/Buzzsaw tape pack came from them

There is some great 3rd Party stuff out there & they actually do well in filling in the gaps left by Has/Tak
                        Have you seen the other Gestalts they are doing or the various Wreckers?? (Topspin & Twin Twist look amaze)

Hoping Jazz won't be too far off now that Takara have secured the VW rights for Bumblebee it means getting Porsche on board for Jazz should be a bit easier.
                        Hound should be a given as it's rumoured that Takara have already got the rights for Mitsubishi so that means the Jeep mold should be open to them.
                        Tracks would be sweet but I think at the moment they are focusing mostly on the '84 cars (although Red Alert & Tiger Tracks mean's that isn't strictly the case) & then will carry on later series after that.
                        Personally I'm hoping for Trailbreaker & Mirage soon

I'd go for Thundercracker personally.
                        Acid Storm looks ok but I'd prefer the original 3 personally (which I have) & getting into Acid Storm means you really should look for the rest of the Rainmakers & there's no guarantee's well see them.

I had heard that QW was a serious piece of plastic & that the quality was well up there.
                        I've been looking for him today & he seems to be just around the ?110-?120 mark delivered with the upgrade hands so think I'll be adding him soon.
                        He'll be my Decepticon leader until V2 Megs arrives...whenever that may be.

Neil

Comment

Lol ok I can take it

No problems, yeah I do think they are more geared towards the older figures.

Neil
                          I'd forgotten about Trailbreaker - he'd be cool.

Re: the Seekers - The argument for Acid Storm also hold true for the original 3 seekers, namely only Thundercracker and Starscream have been released in the new mold, and Starscream is very expensive to acquire now. And to be honest I only want one of them I think. Annoying because I quite like the look of both.

Cheers for all the replies, will let you know which plane I get.

Comment

I'd forgotten about Trailbreaker - he'd be cool.

Re: the Seekers - The argument for Acid Storm also hold true for the original 3 seekers, namely only Thundercracker and Starscream have been released in the new mold, and Starscream is very expensive to acquire now. And to be honest I only want one of them I think. Annoying because I quite like the look of both.

Cheers for all the replies, will let you know which plane I get.
                            Yeah Trailbreaker does get overlooked but he's always been one of my faves and an MP version would be sweet.

Ah I suppose looking at the Jets that way you are right.
                            Mine are the original MP3 versions I haven't seen the need to upgrade to the MP11 molds I never really thought the original was as bad as some seem to think.

Hope you get a Seeker soon...everyone needs at least one

Was looking earlier & it appears there is another 3rd party Gestalt on the way in the form of Bruticus this time...

He's going to be huge!!!

The figure in front of him is one of the figures that makes up the 3rd party Menasor & I expect Bruticus will tower over Menasor

Definitely looks like that if you want a Gestalt in your line up 3rd party is the way to go.

You currently have...

Devestator (x 2)
                            Superion
                            Menasor
                            Predaking (x 3)
                            Bruticus

Rumoured...

Defensor
                            Computron

Plenty of choice

Although I wouldn't put it past Takara doing one at some point, would be interested to see what they come up with.

Neil

Comment

Definitely looks like that if you want a Gestalt in your line up 3rd party is the way to go.
                              Yes, some of them are epic. Although part of me looks and them and just wonders if they are over-worked or over-detailed, just too much detail on them. I really thought that when I look at the shots of Defensor, but it might just be my preference for the a cleaner, G1 look.

Most of the 3rd party models, apart from Quakewave, don't appeal.

I think this guy is pretty neat, and soon to be cartoon colours: iGear Hench (Brawn) and is mildly tempting to buy.

I did have a softspot for Seaspray so that Spray is OK, and I think the iGear Rachet/Ironhide are nice but not worth the ?70+ on eBay.

So will probably will stick to looking at the 2014+ Masterpieces.
                              Last edited by Digfox; 15-08-2013, 16:17.

Comment

Yeah those Gundams i posted are high quality figures with Metal Frames. If you wanna build something different have you looked at the MG Figurise line? They did some Dragon Ball, One Piece, Tiger and Bunny and Kamen rider kits, very nice and makes a chnage from building a robot.

Apart from that i'd suggest looking at some Kotobukiya kits as they do some more out there lines like Super Robot Wars and they have even done a Metal Gear Rex.

Just to tease you lol i picke dup the Sideshow Arthas this week and should have him next week so i'll be sure to post plenty of delicious pics for you

Comment

Working...
                                X