Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting bid? ?1475! :O

Comment

Acid Storm TRU listong says Late August and as he's MP01 now and Soundwave is likely to hit the same day a release next week is looking very likely.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
        Acid Storm TRU listong says Late August and as he's MP01 now and Soundwave is likely to hit the same day a release next week is looking very likely.
        Wanted a Masterpiece Transformer for ages. Watched loads of Reviews of each type, Hot Rod/Rodimus seeming particularly fragile sadly . I just picked up my first the MP-10 Optimus Prime as ?99 from TRU, really happy with it. Was not too bad compared to everything else I have seen price wise, Internet included. Even the Sideswipes seemed to be rather expensive on the internet reaching at least ?80 everywhere I looked, and I did not trust the E-Bay ones so much. Plus was not sure what price Masterpiece stuff goes for. Still wish I'd picked up Grimlock last time I was in Japan.

This one below.

Last edited by JU!; 26-08-2013, 20:14.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
          Wanted a Masterpiece Transformer for ages. Watched loads of Reviews of each type, Hot Rod/Rodimus seeming particularly fragile sadly . I just picked up my first the MP-10 Optimus Prime as ?99 from TRU, really happy with it. Was not too bad compared to everything else I have seen price wise, Internet included. Even the Sideswipes seemed to be rather expensive on the internet reaching at least ?80 everywhere I looked, and I did not trust the E-Bay ones so much. Plus was not sure what price Masterpiece stuff goes for. Still wish I'd picked up Grimlock last time I was in Japan.

This one below.

Welcome aboard

You picked a great one to start with.
          Sideswipes were going for daft sums at one point they were up past the ?100 mark but there was eventually a second run & there have also been some KO's starting to appear so I'd be really wary with buying one of him these days unless it's a used one that you can be certain is a real one.

TBH I'd forget about getting the older MP's these days and just focus on getting the upcoming releases.
          All the new Autobot cars (Prowl / Buestreak / Smokescreen / Wheeljack / Bumblebee) are available for ?55 each plus delivery from Kapow Toys who are a UK seller so no worries with customs etc.

You really won't go wrong with them they are going to be awesome!!!!!

Neil

Comment

Plus, in theory, Soundwave should be out in the next 4-5 days. Heard rumbles of less than stellar quality control on Acid Storm though.

Comment

According to TRUs site Acid Storm is in stores now. Where's Soundwave dammit?!

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                According to TRUs site Acid Storm is in stores now. Where's Soundwave dammit?!
                Because I was up in Norfolk over the b/h weekend and noticed the the update on Acid Storm being sold in stores, I checked the following stores for both figures as we were near them:

Norwich - Saturday - no stock
                Ipswich - Yesterday - no stock
                Basildon - Yesterday - no stock

I sense the website is simply wrong, and no one on any websites that I could see reported having obtained a UK TRU MP Acid Storm or Soundwave either. The chap in Norwich checked the system and couldn't find stock, but interestingly both had two prices on the system (i.e. 74.99 and 59.99 for AS). Of course I could have been very unlucky and all these stores had sold out. Out of interest all the stores have an almost identical layout in each store. i.e. Lego Star Wars in the first corner etc. and the TF ranges were quite small I thought. Two of the stores had the UK MP10 for sale still.

Again hopefully make an appearance this week.
                Last edited by Digfox; 27-08-2013, 08:25.

Comment

I was in the Manchester one of Friday and Saturday and didn't see anything either, though they'd sold all their MP10's.

Comment

My local TRU still has a couple of MP10's
                    I'm waiting for a price drop then I'm swooping in for them

No sign of SW or AS on Saturday when I was in there but I'll be popping in there at lunchtime today as I have some banking to do so will be passing it.

Will let you know what I see.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                      Metal Build Exia and Freedom came into today, i got Exia for ?90 and Freedom for ?70 at those prices its cheeky not to It's 2nd time i've owned Freedom and it still impresses. Exia is just another Gem in the Metal Build line there's just so much metal, they are so high quality and posing options are insane, such a good line.

I hope the Metal Build and Metal Composite line keeps on going! Banshee from Unicorn is next!

Nice! Eventually I'd like to get a Gundam Freedom for show in my game room if I ever get a proper job, and apartment with room. Would a metal one like this be the best type?

Neil,

Did you get that super duper master grade Soundwave?

Comment

No Soundwaves or Acid Storms in my TRU
                        They have however started getting the 30th Anniversary Generations figures in & currently have Megatron, Orion Pax, Trailcutter & Bumblebee.

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                        Neil,

Did you get that super duper master grade Soundwave?
                        Do you mean this one...

Yes I did

Comment

Just noticed this bit...

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
                          Because I was up in Norfolk over the b/h weekend and noticed the the update on Acid Storm being sold in stores, I checked the following stores for both figures as we were near them:

Basildon - Yesterday - no stock
                          Next time you're in my neck of the woods give me a shout.

You can pop in for a cuppa

Neil

Comment

I really want that Soundwave. A Bordersdown whip round would be appreciated. It's my birthday in December. I'll trade you a, hmm what have I got... a sweet wrapper and some fluff for it.

Looks awesome, Neil. Really awesome. Easily my favourite Transformer and that is such a great version of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              I really want that Soundwave. A Bordersdown whip round would be appreciated. It's my birthday in December. I'll trade you a, hmm what have I got... a sweet wrapper and some fluff for it.

Looks awesome, Neil. Really awesome. Easily my favourite Transformer and that is such a great version of it.
                              Lol I'm sure if we all chipped in
                              I seriously recommend keeping an eye on Toys R Us if you can & grab one.

Thanks buddy, I'm over the moon with it personally I've waited nearly well over 20 years for a version this amazing & it was well worth it.

I've got both the Takara tape sets too...

I did take some shots of Ravage & Rumble but as Frenzy & Buzzsaw are the same as Rumble & LB I thought there wasn't much point in doing them yet

Hoping we see the rest of the tapes from either Takara or a 3rd party.

Expect we'll get Ratbat with the inevitable Soundblaster recolour but I'd still like the rest.

Neil

Comment

Everytime I see them, the engineering of the tapes is just staggering.

Comment

Working...
                                X