No announcement yet.

Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a big relief, he's one of the only ones I'd pay out so much for. Everytime they announce another I wince in case it's a full on Ultra Magnus lol

Comment

Supes will come with an S base, hopefully his chest symbol will be fixed.

Comment

And Soundwave is out of stock, just like that

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
          And Soundwave is out of stock, just like that
          Yep and I missed him

There was nothing at our local TRU today either.

Comment

Going off what my local store has been saying hopefully it'll rock up in yours by Monday at the latest. Why they don't just ship it for a set date who knows.

Comment

The TRU website has updated again so you can now check how close the nearest Soundwave is in store to you, seems to be updated as some nearer stores to me (still too far out though) have it in.

Comment

And we're back in the game, thank you for the heads up.

Soundwave - ordered online with that ?5 off code (thank you), paid for delivery tomorrow. I couldn't reserve him in any store remotely easy to get to.
                Acid Storm - reserved in Ipswich. Because I'm working today my other half has kindly offered to get him.

What a pain this has turned into. On top of the US disappearing act it's been a hassle this one.

Comment

I've heard rumbles that in the US sales of Acid Storm haven't gone so great so I presume the other rain makers won't be produced. They should have released the newer version of Starscream instead, still a puzzling choice. If TRU UK stock another Masterpiece I think it might be when Bumblebee comes out.

Comment

Awesome stuff Mgear glad you have one on route...he is seriously so worth it

I've heard rumbles that in the US sales of Acid Storm haven't gone so great so I presume the other rain makers won't be produced. They should have released the newer version of Starscream instead, still a puzzling choice. If TRU UK stock another Masterpiece I think it might be when Bumblebee comes out.
                    The thing with Hasbro is they are a bit thick!

They still see that they have released the 3 seekers in the form of MP3 Starscream & SkyWarp & MP11 Thundercracker
                    So to their eye's they are done & hence the move to Acid Storm

They don't realise that there are difference's between the MP3 & MP11 molds that most people want.

I'm personally more than happy with the MP3 seekers I have so have seen no reason to jump in with the MP11 remold of Starscream & Acid Storm just isn't worth it unless he gets a price drop then I'll probably cave & get him.

I still don't think we'll ever see the cars released outside of the Far East.

The license issue is still too big for Hasbro to bother with for what is still essentially a niche market to them.

We can live in hope but I wouldn't bank on it.

Neil

Comment

Wonder why they went for Acid Storm though? As there's no Takara version they would have had to sit down and select him for making. Would have seemed easier to do Sunstorm then or not bother and just have Soundwave. Off the top of my head then there's not many more they can release over here then. Good job the Takara releases are coming in so cheap

Comment

Wonder why they went for Acid Storm though? As there's no Takara version they would have had to sit down and select him for making. Would have seemed easier to do Sunstorm then or not bother and just have Soundwave. Off the top of my head then there's not many more they can release over here then. Good job the Takara releases are coming in so cheap
                        Yeah AS is still such a bizarre choice.
                        I can't really see any reason why the skipped Sunstorm at all to be honest.
                        He's been releases in Japan for over a year so would have been easy to just to repackage him.

Yeah sub ?60 a release these days is great news

I'm itching for more announcements now though...I can't wait to see who's next & the potential to do something big for the 30th Anniversary is really exciting.

Knowing them though it will probably be some damp squib & we'll get nothing

Neil

Comment

I saw on ebay a listing for a 3rd party Bumblebee which looked very close to what I'd expect the proper Masterpiece version to look like. Robot mode looked very G1 accurate, car mode was pretty well done too. Seen a custom mod pic someone made from Sideswipe too look like the possible G2 Masterpiece Sideswipe might look like when finished and it looked surprisingly good

Comment

Remember the statue for the Sorceress, from Dragon's Crown?
                            Preorders are open again. The statue received a slightly resculpt (most noticeably, the face), but it's essentially the same as the previous version.

Comment

I saw on ebay a listing for a 3rd party Bumblebee which looked very close to what I'd expect the proper Masterpiece version to look like. Robot mode looked very G1 accurate, car mode was pretty well done too. Seen a custom mod pic someone made from Sideswipe too look like the possible G2 Masterpiece Sideswipe might look like when finished and it looked surprisingly good
                              Yeah the Art Feather Bumblebee is a surprisingly good version to be honest...

Comes in quite a funky little package as well

I think if Takara hadn't secured the license for him then you could have done a lot worse than this one in the display

Neil

Comment

He's certainly a good indicator, once he's out I can't imagine me getting too many more bar possibly Megatron, Hoist and Magnus presuming they are made and decent. Once it slips into the second tier Autobots or wider Decepticons outside the main 3 my interest wanes. Probably for the best too given all the other stuff I want. Next on the slate to fund is Octobers Hulk

Comment

Working...
                                X