X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      No. A crumpet is a bread based product with lots of 2-3mm holes on the top. Melted butter fills up these holes nicely. A muffin is also a bread product but is more like regular bread but heavier and you slice it open and toast and butter both sides. What other countries call a muffin is actually a cupcake that had too much mixture put in it!
      Many countries combat this confusion by calling the bread/originals English or Breakfast muffins.

And if you think a muffin is a cupcake with too much mixture...you've never had a decent muffin. Cupcakes are like the ballerinas compared to tank-like muffins.

Comment

How ppl are suddenly interested in Curling when the Winter Olympics come round, just because GB are competing, despite it being pensioners bowling on ice.

If it was on tv regularly ppl would not be watching it

Comment

If yon Muirhead bonnie lassie was, I'd be glued to the tv. Probably literally.

Comment

Her eyes are entrancing.

I'd like to get to know her better by (ice) skating with her.

I was watching some actual curling in Scotland last week and it was mainly grannies with brooms, but it was still interesting.

Focus on the youngsters, get some disco lights and half-time ice skating cheerleaders and I'm in.

I love random sports like Ultimate Frisbee!

Comment

Yeah. Her eyes are stunning. She spends a lot of time on her knees with something rock hard and polished in her hand. Mmm...

It is a highly skilled and strategic sport I suppose, but let's face it. I didn't watch the blokes for one game. I only watched it for Eve's eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                people who say urbs rather then herbs
                That will be just about every American then... it's a really weird one I don't understand.
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  That will be just about every American then... it's a really weird one I don't understand.
                  And eight ft tall Jamaican geezers, who can frankly call it what they like as far as I'm concerned. As Neville Staples once "I don't need no whiskey to make me feel frisky. All I need is some 'erb and me lickle stereo seeestem!"

Comment

That being a completely different "herb" though.

Comment

As I get older I become irritated more and more. Currently the biggest issues I have are with TV. Why does sport take priority over normal programming. I nearly missed a show recently as it had been moved forward over an hour for rugby, Rugby? When did that become popular enough for prime time Friday night BBC1. Red button it beeb out of the way. I'm also getting really annoyed with cats. Girls that love cats and cats all over the internet. They are not cute they are evil predatory killers. McVities have just lost me as a customer.

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy View Post
                        I'm also getting really annoyed with cats. Girls that love cats and cats all over the internet.
                        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                          And eight ft tall Jamaican geezers."
                          And Yorkshire farmers!

Comment

I get annoyed when people moan that a small amount of sport that's actually free for once pushes out the usual mundane scheduling on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                              I get annoyed when people moan that a small amount of sport that's actually free for once pushes out the usual mundane scheduling on tv.
                              Touche. However all I am saying is in this digital age, put it on the red button. win win.

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy View Post
                                Touche. However all I am saying is in this digital age, put it on the red button. win win.
                                What did you want to watch/nearly miss?
                                Curious as I wonder which might have had the greater viewing figures. Unless it was Eastenders then the rugby may well secured higher figures.

Comment

Working...
                                X