Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG and there's a "Advice if you are upset by the news" article (see right hand side)

I assume it says "Go and moan on Bordersdown because no one else cares"

Comment

I think facebook is broken. Someone posts a pic of him coming out of hospital on crutches. First person asks what happens. He replies. 5 posts later someone else asks. He replies. 5 posts later someone else asks...... Bloomin groundhog day. Maybe it's because facebook hides the comments.

Comment

Facebook has been dicking about with what it shows people for some time. It doesn't show all your friends the same thing and, yes, it's showing stuff to people later too which leads to these weird bumps. With that and the ads (which the inconsistency in showing natural posts seems to be aimed at promoting), Facebook has become less and less useful.

It's what is now the standard Internet model - offer a service free, perfect that service while haemorrhaging money, then break that service with change after change while attempting to monetise it. It's a model that does us no real favours.

Comment

But how else am I going to see pictures of babies of people I went to high school with 15 years ago and haven't spoken to since?? Ask my mother to send them??*

*My mother works in our local PO near my old school and regularly sees far too many people I used to know than I'm comfortable with.

Comment

Kryss, it's not Christmas anymore...

Comment

The way the company thinks that continuously 'dangling a carrot' is a viable motivational method.

Or that even though being recognised and awarded for hard work numerous times over the last 2 years actually counts for nothing when it comes to trying to get ahead.

Jobsites are getting hammered by me today.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                Kryss, it's not Christmas anymore...
                You make an excellent point.

edit::
                I don't know what you're talking about...
                Last edited by kryss; 28-02-2014, 10:47.

Comment

The government apologises after a woman from Rochdale was invited to try to find work when she had been in a coma for two months.

They really are pushing things too far in some cases.

Comment

I'm surprised they haven't sent me anything considering I've not worked in the UK since 2004.

Comment

I wasn't sure whether this was a smile or an irk but it's just a bit creepy so irk it is. Today I learned that church management software is a real thing. I came across it purely by accident. Then it turns out that some churches assign their members IDs at birth and basically track them for their whole lives (also take money from them) and keep full records of everything and it's all managed by these software packages. Leave the church? Oh they've still got everything about you. Weird and creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        I wasn't sure whether this was a smile or an irk but it's just a bit creepy so irk it is. Today I learned that church management software is a real thing. I came across it purely by accident. Then it turns out that some churches assign their members IDs at birth and basically track them for their whole lives (also take money from them) and keep full records of everything and it's all managed by these software packages. Leave the church? Oh they've still got everything about you. Weird and creepy.
                        What church is that? It sounds like something Scientology would do.

Comment

Well the various software options seem to cover a multitude of churches and will offer general solutions for all your church management needs. The ID tracking system example is Mormon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Well the various software options seem to cover a multitude of churches and will offer general solutions for all your church management needs. The ID tracking system example is Mormon.
                            Wow. what is next? the iGod app?

Comment

My brother being rather aggressively sick for the past 10 minutes.

He drove home too, not so happy with that. My Mum would go nuts if I told her too but for his own safety that was dumb.

Comment

I'd like a night at work that I can get some studying done without having to get the cops down.

Comment

Working...
                                X