Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get far fewer calls after telling them they have reached the local police station emergency line. Although one hero decided he would carry on, telling me the police station's machines are reporting errors. I told him, unless he had an emergency, he should free up the line for someone else that might be dying or on fire. He hung up.

Comment

How did you not resist winding them up?!

"OK now click My Computer."
      "How can I click your computer? You're miles away!"

[hide][/hide]

I once was showing my Dad what a soundboard was on eBaum's world and as I clicked onto Judge Judy, we got a sales call...
      It was a dream come true.
      By the time Judy was asking how long he'd spent in jail, he was shouting at me "IT IS NOT ME WHO WILL GO TO JAIL, IT IS YOU WHO WILL BE WEARING THE PYJAMAS IN JAIL!".
      When his manager came on, he terminated the call after Arnie said to him "Hello Cutie pie".
      We were crying by the end of it.

Comment

I used to wind them up, but it got boring after a while.

Comment

Speedrunning collective quadrazoid has set a new world record by blazing through the original Half-Life in a scant 20 m…

I made a passing comment saying that I wasn't particularly impressed because they used mods, only to come under a huge barrage of personal attacks as if I'd just taken a whizz on the Mona Lisa. Blimey, people on the internet can be touchy.

Comment

Jezz, this is a genuine irk and is making me slightly off key. Next door have got two Cockerels. (4 days now) they cock a doodle doo pretty much 24 hours around the clock and one of them is Very Loud. In-between every song I listen to, the music pause and all I hear is cockerel.
            Woke me up at 2am this morning. I've checked whats what and its defo noise pollution in the city/suburban, also, could be illegal from offsets depending on cities bylaws. I'm not a grass so I'm not telling on my neighbours who up until now have been great, the lady and I exchange books with each other are they're a nice family.

Honestly tho, they are really loud and they don't let up, its constant sqwarking noise.

I asked my friend for his opinion he said "Hey man, we don't own this planet man. Yeah? We're all animals man. Live and let live man. The cockrels might not like listening to Ferry all day."
            Last edited by ShadowDancer; 15-04-2014, 10:22.

Comment

shopping with the other half often we only need 3 items and she insists on going up every aisle in tescos and coming back with far more stuff then what we need

Comment

People who say, or write "Whoop whoop!"
                I don't know why but it annoys the crap out of me.

Comment

So this isn't on the list of presents for the better half then Brad

Comment

Lol, no! Is that for real!?

Comment

Yep,

Comment

2nd Irk of the day, I'm definitely off colour. I always clean my teeth, I regularly see the Dentist and I have no fillings or such for years.
                        I do however smoke Cuban Cigars and when I'm not drinking alcohol, I mostly drink coffee, and the water, but too much coffee.

So, naturally my teeth get stained. On my last check-up, he said I needed a full scale and polish. This was over 2 sittings. My bottom teeth are perfect (save crooked teeth (3) which have always been refused to be taken out as they're solid and healthy, I've gave up asking as I always get the same answer. To the point then, my top teeth still have small stains on them, they stand out even more as the rest of my teeth are a 'kind of teeth white' colour.

Do I save up, go private, just say, Please can I have these stains removed! I always clean me teeth as I hate dirty teeth.
                        I'm probably just better googling prices, but, if I go somewhere else for this treatment, will it get back to my dentist?
                        Just, he is a nice doctor and I have no qualms really, I just want my top teeth, just below the gums cleaning better
                        Just, when I get stains, I know brushing alone wont rid them, I've tried, believe me, I've tried..

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                          Jezz, this is a genuine irk and is making me slightly off key. Next door have got two Cockerels. (4 days now) they cock a doodle doo pretty much 24 hours around the clock and one of them is Very Loud. In-between every song I listen to, the music pause and all I hear is cockerel.
                          Woke me up at 2am this morning. I've checked whats what and its defo noise pollution in the city/suburban, also, could be illegal from offsets depending on cities bylaws. I'm not a grass so I'm not telling on my neighbours who up until now have been great, the lady and I exchange books with each other are they're a nice family.

Honestly tho, they are really loud and they don't let up, its constant sqwarking noise.

I asked my friend for his opinion he said "Hey man, we don't own this planet man. Yeah? We're all animals man. Live and let live man. The cockrels might not like listening to Ferry all day."
                          i seriously wouldnt put with that at all and the longer you leave it the worst its going to get. I suspect if you do leave it, you are going to either end up demented or you will develop serious animosity towards the neighbors.

Comment

I'm not the only neighbour, all the surrounding neighbours around 4 doors either side are saying stuff too. I'm the only one round here that speaks to them, so, I don't want to upset anyone, but Andy, honestly, its non ****ing stop and its Loud mate.

Edit, I did feel a bit of animosity earlier when I saw the chap, and you're right. I smoke, I don't smoke in the house, so, now, I'm trying to enjoy a smoke in the garden, in the sun and I can hear is cock a ****ing doodle do. And, what makes it worse, they woke me up at 2am this morning. I'm not the only neighbour.
                            Last edited by ShadowDancer; 15-04-2014, 14:48.

Comment

Get a cat & let it do it's thing

Comment

I wouldn't be putting up with it at all to be honest, would have reported it after the first instance. You can probably make an anonymous complaint re the noise if you're worried about any comebacks.
                                Sharing caring Dave that's me, unless it means interrupting my sleep!

Comment

Working...
                                X